Trying To Make The Most Of Our Forum

Reputation points  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want to reputation system to work?

• "Like" or unlike
    • Positive or negative points
    • We don't need no stinking reputation system
  2. 2. Should members be able to give themselves points

• Yes
    • No

I've enabled the "reputation system"

Right now it is set to "like" if you like a post and make be the same thing in member profiles, I haven't checked it yet.

I can also change it to allow plus or minus points for each post

Which would you guy prefer?

I also changed a setting so that long time posters, over 25K posts, can make their own title above their avatar.

Any other features we should have here that I can fix?

There should be a multi-tier system, so trolls and idiots can talk to themselves, and more thoughtful people aren't distracted by them.

At least two levels.

Regarding the "like" choice, trolls and idiots will vote for each other, so it'd be kind of pointless to have.

• Upvote 2

Any chance of getting a 'thumbs up/thumbs down' counter, for posts/threads made, installed to the forum?

I'm just saying that I think it would be cool if people could like, or unlike posts ,and or threads..

Just for the count...

• Upvote 2

Any chance of getting a 'thumbs up/thumbs down' counter, for posts/threads made, installed to the forum?

I'm just saying that I think it would be cool if people could like, or unlike posts ,and or threads..

Just for the count...

I thought it had one, maybe it's for the member,,,,

Let me check,,,,

Threads already have a one to five star voting system

Top of each page,,,,

• Upvote 1

I thought it had one, maybe it's for the member,,,,

Let me check,,,,

Threads already have a one to five star voting system

Top of each page,,,,

Yeah, but authors of titles/OP's can sometimes 'Bomb Out ' on their own OP's.

I've done it before...

So we should to be able to vote on every post.

• Upvote 1

I like the thumbs up or down deal.

And there must be a way to stop all the stupid, redundant threads started that are so pointless by the same idiots.

There are certain vile posters on here that should be flat out banned, permanently!

Vile profanity, threats of violence, stalking, hacking, and continual harassment should not be tolerated.

• Upvote 1

What I see happening, I could be wrong, is that who gets the "like" depends on what party they belong to, not the content of th message. So you have to figure out just why they got a "like." And I hate to see some posters get no likes, so I just gave them all a like. Now TH will get likes because of the way she looks I suppose. CHickie won't get any, so it turns into a poll, who do you like better. Not sure on this one chuck.

How about another/couple of forum categories?

• Upvote 1

I've enabled the "reputation system"

Right now it is set to "like" if you like a post and make be the same thing in member profiles, I haven't checked it yet.

I can also change it to allow plus or minus points for each post

Which would you guy prefer?

I also changed a setting so that long time posters, over 25K posts, can make their own title above their avatar.

Any other features we should have here that I can fix?

I would suggest to fix the basic features first!!!!

Like/Unlike

No, members shouldn't be able to give themselves points (that's abuse waiting to happen).

Even if people are voting for themselves, I'd appreciate their advice about what's worth reading.

• Upvote 1

What I see happening, I could be wrong, is that who gets the "like" depends on what party they belong to, not the content of th message. So you have to figure out just why they got a "like." And I hate to see some posters get no likes, so I just gave them all a like. Now TH will get likes because of the way she looks I suppose. CHickie won't get any, so it turns into a poll, who do you like better. Not sure on this one chuck.

How about another/couple of forum categories?

What categories would you like?

I would suggest to fix the basic features first!!!!

What features are you talking about?

The GIF for an avatar should be working now,,,,

What categories would you like?

What features are you talking about?

The GIF for an avatar should be working now,,,,

Chuck, there's lot of things wrong with this forum! Basic things. Sometimes you can't quote on a post... the forum freezes. Spell check is dumping your post unless it's in html format. You can't upload a picture in a post? Not even an attachment! To name a few...

A feature I will bring in, is Private Messaging.

The libturds will 'unlike' conservative posts and the other way around.

I've been running forums for many years and this is the worst forum platform EVER!

I understand you want to make it better, but you need to start to get the basics going.

I've been running forums for many years and this is the worst forum platform EVER!

For all its flaws, I've grown to like it. And don't worry, TheAmerican: I'm sure no libs on the site would "unlike" any posts you make. We find you charming, if occasionally unfair to our ideology.