eclectic skeptic

Another Rw Talking Point Bites The Dust

"There really is no jobs! We win!!"

- the Liberal Left

So why do so many make it a generational career choice.

Ever read the Tintin books? In one of them, Captain Haddock's butler comes running in yelling "Gypsies are camped outside!" The Captain and Tintin go have a look-see, and sure enough, here's a Gypsy caravan camped on the garbage dump. The Captain wonders how anybody could stand living in such conditions. The Gypsy leader says, "D'you think we like this? This was the only place the police would let us camp," showing that things aren't always as they seem, Daniel-san. When you've looked for jobs forever and the only thing available pays minimum and there are 6 guys after that one job and it's that way everywhere, sooner or later you're going to give up. You're destroyed. Going on welfare is the worst thing that can happen to a human being's self-esteem. And without self-esteem one has nothing.

"There really is no jobs! We win!!"

- the Liberal Left

:D

Someone with no skills and little initative won't earn $300/week after taxes.

So you're saying the free market fails these people?

They're collecting Welfare, moonbat. Is Welfare the Free Market? :D

Hunger gives people initiative. You'd be surprised how hard people will work when they need to.

Ever read the Tintin books? In one of them, Captain Haddock's butler comes running in yelling "Gypsies are camped outside!" The Captain and Tintin go have a look-see, and sure enough, here's a Gypsy caravan camped on the garbage dump. The Captain wonders how anybody could stand living in such conditions. The Gypsy leader says, "D'you think we like this? This was the only place the police would let us camp," showing that things aren't always as they seem, Daniel-san. When you've looked for jobs forever and the only thing available pays minimum and there are 6 guys after that one job and it's that way everywhere, sooner or later you're going to give up. You're destroyed. Going on welfare is the worst thing that can happen to a human being's self-esteem. And without self-esteem one has nothing.

So how's that roaring Obama economy going, Lisa?

So you're saying the free market fails these people?

YES. The free market fails no skill, little initiative people. That's why progressives HATE the free market. :D

Oh, so you think that getting paid not to work does not discourage people from taking jobs, huh? So how do you explain the various graphs that show how most people getting unemployment benefits don't really return to work until the benefits run out? Here are a few examples-

20080130b1.png

Denmark.jpg

mulligan.jpg

Good luck.

Bump

Let's think about this: $300 a week to sit on a couch and watch bad daytime TV and smoke ratty weed, or working 40 hours a week for a lot more and having money to buy things you want.

Why do you assume that people getting unemployment benefits are only goofing off? I personally took more classes in college while receiving benefits. Many people I have known have worked for cash under the table while receiving benefits. Of course, we would all call into the automated phone system every week and say that we were actively looking for job, whether we were or not.

As with any government program, they obviously had no INCENTIVE to crack down on people receiving benefits that should not be. This is why unemployment insurance should be completely privatized and allowed to operate in a free market. Not only would it cost far less money, a private company would go out of their way to try to get its customers back to work, because they would actually have an INCENTIVE to do so. They would help people polish their resume's, work on interview skills, set up job interviews, etc.. And they would actively investigate customers that they believed were milking the system by having private investigators see if they are working under the table, or by cutting people off that don't go to enough interviews that match the work for which they are qualified.

They're collecting Welfare, moonbat. Is Welfare the Free Market? :D

Hunger gives people initiative. You'd be surprised how hard people will work when they need to.

Ah. So people prefer to live in low rent apartments and with crappy food. Folks aren't motivated to get a job even if means more money.

SUuuuuuureeee......

Why do you assume that people getting unemployment benefits are only goofing off? I personally took more classes in college while receiving benefits. Many people I have known have worked for cash under the table while receiving benefits. Of course, we would all call into the automated phone system every week and say that we were actively looking for job, whether we were or not.

As with any government program, they obviously had no INCENTIVE to crack down on people receiving benefits that should not be. This is why unemployment insurance should be completely privatized and allowed to operate in a free market. Not only would it cost far less money, a private company would go out of their way to try to get its customers back to work, because they would actually have an INCENTIVE to do so. They would help people polish their resume's, work on interview skills, set up job interviews, etc.. And they would actively investigate customers that they believed were milking the system by having private investigators see if they are working under the table, or by cutting people off that don't go to enough interviews that match the work for which they are qualified.

You proved my point for me. Many people, like myself, who collected unemployment money used that time productively.

So how's that roaring Obama economy going, ?

...it's roaring along, with a hockey-stick graph, like global warming...

facts are stubborn things...

YES. The free market fails no skill, little initiative people. That's why progressives HATE the free market. :D

Your man is full of straw.

Ah. So people prefer to live in low rent apartments and with crappy food. Folks aren't motivated to get a job even if means more money.

SUuuuuuureeee......

You proved my point for me. Many people, like myself, who collected unemployment money used that time productively.

It's like they're utterly free of common sense. They listen to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and adoringly accept EVERYTHING they hear with no checking, no common sense thought, and no shame. Like a climate denier.

Unemployment is temporary...and shyt. And you have to pay taxes on it. it's also hard to get. Only under very specific conditions can a separation from your job qualify you for unemployment. A job can lower your wages, lower your hours to 4 hrs a week, take away tips, make you take on the work of 4 people, and violate labor laws...if you throw up your hands and say "I'm done with this shyt" and quit---no unemployment.

If your mom dies and your job doesn't want to give you 3 or 4 days off to mourn and make final arrangements and you take the time off anyway...fired...no unemployment.

There is NO check you get for "welfare". you get food stamps, basic emergency healthcare (until the AHA kicks in) and if you're lucky and can wait a yea,r help with rent..and that's IT.

No help with utilities (try getting it), no help with childcare, no transpo vouchers, no cash.

All RW talking points, all lies.

Let's think about this: $300 a week to sit on a couch and watch bad daytime TV and smoke ratty weed, or working 40 hours a week for a lot more and having money to buy things you want.

The gentleman I spoke of earlier gets $750 plus food stamps. The attraction to increase his standard of living isn't strong enough to get him to move off his front porch.

The gentleman I spoke of earlier gets $750 plus food stamps. The attraction to increase his standard of living isn't strong enough to get him to move off his front porch.

Ummmm...regel...you said you got this info 2nd hand, as a superficial, detached observation, NOW all of a sudden you know all his financial details, his shoe size, his family tree and his blood sugar.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

Ummmm...regel...you said you got this info 2nd hand, as a superficial, detached observation, NOW all of a sudden you know all his financial details, his shoe size, his family tree and his blood sugar.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

The information is from my brother who delivers mail to this particular gentleman.

I love watching ES get slapped all over the forum. Doesn't even read his own source, then tries to argue with the people who did. Its freaking hilarious. Thanks for the laugh this morning ES, it is much appreciated.

Even if it is productive, it is still fraudulent and not the actual intent of the program.

Then he's a victim of his own apathy. And he probably will need to find a job soon since there's a 3 year limit on welfare.

Even if it is productive, it is still fraudulent and not the actual intent of the program.

You used it to go to school. I used it to find a job. Who's being fraudulent here?

Then he's a victim of his own apathy. And he probably will need to find a job soon since there's a 3 year limit on welfare.

You used it to go to school. I used it to find a job. Who's being fraudulent here?

He might be claiming SS disability. Is there a time limit on welfare?

He might be claiming SS disability. Is there a time limit on welfare?

Clinton implemented a 3 year limit on it. Of course, The Republicans forced him to do it at gun point.

The information is from my brother who delivers mail to this particular gentleman.

I know...that's what I said. Doesn't make sense regel. This guy is going to know all these personal details of someone on his route?

Nor does the idea that someone is happier with $450 a month than with a job making $2000 a month.

Know what I mean?

So how's that roaring Obama economy going, Lisa?

How's that Republican obstruction to every last thing the president has tried to do to help the economy get back on its feet coming, including opposing their own ideas when Obama favors them? Real patriots, not, these Republican jerks.

I know...that's what I said. Doesn't make sense regel. This guy is going to know all these personal details of someone on his route?

Nor does the idea that someone is happier with $450 a month than with a job making $2000 a month.

Know what I mean?

You're talking about guys who sit out on the porch all day. When the mailman comes by, you talk to him. Hell, this guy even told my brother he wanted to come live with him. To us, yeah, we want to help our own plight. This guy would rather sit home and get drunk.

Everybody has different goals and motivations.

I don't think he has the skills to make $2000 a month, though. Told my brother yesterday he only needed another $125 a week to 'make it.' Won't mow a yard, though.

Clinton implemented a 3 year limit on it. Of course, The Republicans forced him to do it at gun point.

Must not be welfare, per se...as opposed to other government assistance.

I readily admit that I and the other people I knew were being fraudulent. I morally justify it by the fact that I was/am FORCED to pay the premiums into the system, even though I definitely did/do not want to do so. So when I had a chance to get some of my wrongfully confiscated money back, you are damn right I took it. I would much rather not pay any premiums and never ask for any benefits, but I simply don't have that option.

The point is, government-run unemployment insurance is wasteful and it harms the economy and society in general.

You're talking about guys who sit out on the porch all day. When the mailman comes by, you talk to him. Hell, this guy even told my brother he wanted to come live with him. To us, yeah, we want to help our own plight. This guy would rather sit home and get drunk.

Everybody has different goals and motivations.

I don't think he has the skills to make $2000 a month, though. Told my brother yesterday he only needed another $125 a week to 'make it.' Won't mow a yard, though.

Must not be welfare, per se...as opposed to other government assistance.

You didn't answer any of my points.

You also skipped over my points from the previous post.

You seem to avoid answering hard questions. You just make new ones.

$2000 a month is close to minimum wage...you can make that sitting at a security guard post or tending a bridge, or greeting customers at walmart, or holding a sign on the road.

How does your brother know ANYTHING about this guy, or the fact that he "smokes pot all day" ($300 a month) and how much his income is? "Hi mail carrier! I smoke weed all day and make $751 a month!"

I know, you won't answer.