TheNightStalker

Us Military Response Could Have Stopped Attack

You had 28 people at the compound, most of whom were trained professionals. They reported a force of 20 enemy. How many Americans did you need Jim? Couple thousand do the job for you?

Read the fking GOP interm report numbnut!!

So your saying 28 well armed professionals couldn't handle 20 tree dwellers, correct? That a handful of ill equipped protesters ( remember the video - just a protest ) took out a consulate that was well prepared for defense? I find that difficult to digest. No, one mini gun would have turned the tide; and if there were only 20, I'll be very surprised. Increased security was denied; and security was actually reduced. In stone facts.

The only reason I brought it up was the fact that we have to consider deployment sequences plus travel time. If you're on a 1 hour recall, 2 at the longest, you've still got to get to aircraft, etc. The guys on the boats may have an even longer response time depending on where they are. Some of the armchair warriors on here don't understand the tactical implications of saying "Send in the Airborne! Send in the Marines! Send in CAS!"

And once again: Vulcan+Minigun+by+cool+images786+%284%29 And they only cost $25,000. One sweep, and those still standing would have broken the sound barrier running for cover; and the next assault would have probably not taken place. Have you ever seen what this weapon is capable of doing. Like I said, I will never ever forget the sound of a Vulcan burst.

So tell tell us armchair commando, what would you have done to prevent the attack? Do you want to spend billions on each facility, and station a company of professional military armed to the teeth, and supported with logistics?

One ( no more than two ) $25,000 Vulcan mini gun ( guns ) strategically placed. If it didn't stem the attack ( which it no doubt would ), it would have bought precious time.

Just for the record, we lay out 500+ billion every year for illegal alien welfare services.

I think a few flyovers would have kept the crowd back or given a few minutes break in the action. But again, we don't know where the fleet was at that time, although the bases in Italy probably could have someone down there in a few hours.

Voice they ran this one picture perfect right down to the long loiter AC-130 scrambled out of Aviano. They had UAV's playing eye in the sky so our command and control had a descent handle on what was actually going on once everything was in position which appears to have been about an hour into it. As is normally the case they simply didn't know all the forces in play nor how widespread or not it was plus they had to find out where all our People were and given Ambassador Stevens went to a safe house tells us there was some type of plan in play.

My guess is CIA found out they were about to get hit so they rushed Ambassador Stevens out and he somehow became separated from his own security detail which was most probably just one or two guys so they wouldn't tip the other guy off that they knew they were coming. Here is where it gets interesting. Ambassador Stevens had to have a tail shadowing him plus all of the compound's entry/exit points were obviously being watched as well. This tells us hostile had enough teams in play that they were able to separate Ambassador Stevens from his security in order to see what he would do and of course he led them to the safe house which they dutifully firebombed and then ransacked obviously looking for any intel and equipment hostile could find. Brilliant stratey that worked very well for them and we see the negative consequences it's still causing us.

People really should learn to respect our enemies because they're highly competent rational thinking human beings who will always hit us when and where we think we least expect it. Given the volatility of Benghazi at that time it was always just a matter of time before something like that would have happened. Guess the more we learn the more we take things for granted and believe we lost more than just the admitted four Americans that day.

Voice they ran this one picture perfect right down to the long loiter AC-130 scrambled out of Aviano. They had UAV's playing eye in the sky so our command and control had a descent handle on what was actually going on once everything was in position which appears to have been about an hour into it. As is normally the case they simply didn't know all the forces in play nor how widespread or not it was plus they had to find out where all our People were and given Ambassador Stevens went to a safe house tells us there was some type of plan in play.

My guess is CIA found out they were about to get hit so they rushed Ambassador Stevens out and he somehow became separated from his own security detail which was most probably just one or two guys so they wouldn't tip the other guy off that they knew they were coming. Here is where it gets interesting. Ambassador Stevens had to have a tail shadowing him plus all of the compound's entry/exit points were obviously being watched as well. This tells us hostile had enough teams in play that they were able to separate Ambassador Stevens from his security in order to see what he would do and of course he led them to the safe house which they dutifully firebombed and then ransacked obviously looking for any intel and equipment hostile could find. Brilliant stratey that worked very well for them and we see the negative consequences it's still causing us.

People really should learn to respect our enemies because they're highly competent rational thinking human beings who will always hit us when and where we think we least expect it. Given the volatility of Benghazi at that time it was always just a matter of time before something like that would have happened. Guess the more we learn the more we take things for granted and believe we lost more than just the admitted four Americans that day.

Well that's part of the problem. People think "ragheads" are drones when in reality they are living, breathing, thinking individuals with a very dangerous agenda and a tremendous ability to learn on the fly from their mistakes.

Man oh man you sure nailed it because they're already very good and they're getting better everyday.

One thing that has always puzzled me is why they stepped way outside of their box on 9/11 and never went back to that complicated a scheme of operations ever since. That's never been their style ... it's western ... more like our's and the euros. Makes me wonder ...

Man oh man you sure nailed it because they're already very good and they're getting better everyday.

One thing that has always puzzled me is why they stepped way outside of their box on 9/11 and never went back to that complicated a scheme of operations ever since. That's never been their style ... it's western ... more like our's and the euros. Makes me wonder ...

We put a tremendous amount of pressure on them and, while haven't destroyed the organization, we've limited their ability to really stage anything that big since then. Our HUMINT assets were exponentially increased so they're not getting away with much these days that we don't know about.

I don't know Voice, I just can't call it. First they take out A-Stan's Lion of Panjshir Ahmad Massoud who was on the verge of defeating AQ and TB and then they hit twin towers? While I have no doubt AQ executed the mission I don't believe it was their's or at least their's alone. The patterns don't fit because like all human beings they're creatures of habit whose operations have their own distinctive signatures and this has someone else's name written all over it. While I don't pretend to know who I do know A-Stan was the biggest producer of opium on the face of this planet so it comes down to why would warlords want to jeopardize that cash cow? Doesn't make any sense so who else had something major to gain. My guess is A-Stan and Twin Towers was a distraction for the main mission of grabbing the Shia Oilfieds in Iraq. Whether it's big oil companies or the US Government trying to grab something big to counter the Chinese I just don't know. But it sure looks and feels like someone other than AQ organized and ran 9/11 with AQ being the ones who actually did the deed. Like I've written, Middle Easterners could have pulled something that complicated off but something that intricate just isn't their style.

So I'm driving to work this morning and, in a moment of insanity, tuned the dial to a left-leaning radio station on Sirius, hell I think it's called Left. Anyway, Alex Bennett is speaking with a caller and when the caller asked about Benghazi, Bennett's reply was "Who gives a sh%t about Benghazi other than a small group of Republicans looking to discredit Hillary Clinton for 2016? The Republicans denied an increase in funding for security three months prior." Mr. Bennett also went on to say that anyone who discredits Susan Rice is a racist and sexist.

So now it all makes sense. Let's blame the Republicans for inaction and a lack of urgency during the attack. I guess I was wrong all along. Who cares? What does it matter? All great quotes from Democrats.

I don't know Voice, I just can't call it. First they take out A-Stan's Lion of Panjshir Ahmad Massoud who was on the verge of defeating AQ and TB and then they hit twin towers? While I have no doubt AQ executed the mission I don't believe it was their's or at least their's alone. The patterns don't fit because like all human beings they're creatures of habit whose operations have their own distinctive signatures and this has someone else's name written all over it. While I don't pretend to know who I do know A-Stan was the biggest producer of opium on the face of this planet so it comes down to why would warlords want to jeopardize that cash cow? Doesn't make any sense so who else had something major to gain. My guess is A-Stan and Twin Towers was a distraction for the main mission of grabbing the Shia Oilfieds in Iraq. Whether it's big oil companies or the US Government trying to grab something big to counter the Chinese I just don't know. But it sure looks and feels like someone other than AQ organized and ran 9/11 with AQ being the ones who actually did the deed. Like I've written, Middle Easterners could have pulled something that complicated off but something that intricate just isn't their style.

I think I know where you're going with this and I've put some thought behind it as well. I don't want to assume I know where you're going, so tell me what you're thinking.

As I wrote I'm not sure who was really behind 9/11 but it sure doesn't seem to be AQ. It's come to light that FDR engineered the attack on Pearl Harbor and it was Vice President Cheny, not President Bush, who gave the order to fire on civilian airliners if they were deemed a threat so we may have another PH situation for all I know. I would really hate for it to be an inside job but stranger things have happened and there is an historical precedent. What bothers me is I don't see it as politically driven because that makes no sense either. It's got to be someone else who had something big to gain for them to go to all that trouble in prudent planning and flawless execution. The planners showed real genius in 9/11, just like LCDR Ginda's plan showed at Pearl. We don't have to like the enemy to respect their work.

Ha ha ha ... so the left is now counter blaming the right for Benghazi? Ha ha ha ... politics, politicians and their over zealous believers ... guess it takes all kinds ha ha ha ... "stayed tuned to your dials for these words from our sponsors sports fans, keep your credit cards handy." Wonder how much the price of advertising time has gone up now that "everyone wants to know the truth?" We're in the wrong business Brother. Controvery sells and it sells big.

We shouldn't have been there in the first place.

We shouldn't have Ambassadors and embassies around the world?

Maybe a team couldn't have gotten to Bengazi in time, and if they could have, it may have made no difference; but we'll never ever know. However, we are well aware of what happened without a team responding. Hope alone would have given our people more strength; but even that was snatched away. Shameful

Unfortunately, all that our enemies really understand is brute force. It appears stern warnings carry little weight. Remember ( God, I gotta say it again ), Muslims live with a 7th century mind set; clinging to archaic doctrines laid down by Moe the pedophile 1,400 years ago. Ignorance is Islam. One and a half billion Muslims on this earth, and only 5 or 6 Nobel Prize Winners. Need I say much more. No, education is not an Islamic strong point. Women & children are little more than livestock. Most of the fukers don't know what feckin toilet paper is. They are conditioned from day one to follow an insane ideology - religion - cult thinly veiled as a religion. My God, this is 21st century Islam, right from one of their most revered holy men. Ayatollah Khomeini's Book On Sex: For Shias - Islam for Muslims ... How depraved can it get? Islam does cater to degenerates. Or does someone think this is normal? If a priest abuses a child, it's Banner Headlines from the liberal media; but not a peep from the liberal media over an Islamic holy man publishing a handbook on the most perverse behavior a human being can sink to.

Maybe a team couldn't have gotten to Bengazi in time, and if they could have, it may have made no difference; but we'll never ever know. However, we are well aware of what happened without a team responding. Hope alone would have given our people more strength; but even that was snatched away. Shameful

Jim I'd don't follow the media nor any of these circus acts like this one playing out now so I'm not sure what they're telling people. On that day CIA did indeed dispatch their own QRF but they got hung up at Benghazi airport due to a lack of transportation to the embassy. Didn't sound like it was a lot of guys though. Totally frustrated the heck out of everyone but they finally got there so CIA did indeed try but it just wasn't meant to be.

We shouldn't have been there in the first place.

We helped supply Libya man portable surface to air missiles so Benghazi was an active CIA operation that was tracking and locating them for recovery in order to keep them out of terrorist hands that would shoot down defenseless civilian airliners. It's a good mission that has to be accomplished.

We helped supply Libya man portable surface to air missiles so Benghazi was an active CIA operation that was tracking and locating them for recovery in order to keep them out of terrorist hands that would shoot down defenseless civilian airliners. It's a good mission that has to be accomplished.

Another side-affect of Obama's "lead from behind" foreign policy mistakes.

Those missiles should have been secured BEFORE we allowed that country to be turned over to terrorists.