http://godispain.blogspot.com/2012/05/mark-twains-diatribe.htmlMark Twain's Diatribe

“...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones;

who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one;

who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short;

who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it;

who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body;

who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by

seventy times seven, and invented hell;

who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself;

who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself;

and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!” --Mark Twain--

Obviously God is an evil douche bag yet you Mudslimes and Christers suck his butt so that he won't burn you in hell.

Comments?

http://godispain.blogspot.com/2012/05/mark-twains-diatribe.htmlMark Twain's Diatribe

“...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones;

who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it;

who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body;

who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by

who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself;

and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!” --Mark Twain--

Obviously God is an evil douche bag yet you Mudslimes and Christers suck his butt so that he won't burn you in hell.

Comments?

God gives us free will.

The so called angels were human messengers from other worlds. Nibiru, planets inthe Orion belt, Andromeda etc.

Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge (14:7).

A fool is bound for his own destruction, and he will inevitably destroy everything in his path. Those who get in the way of the fool will get hurt.

God gives us free will.

The so called angels were human messengers from other worlds. Nibiru, planets inthe Orion belt, Andromeda etc.

Read John 3:18 and that negates free will. Basically is says Jesus or Hell. God is a thug and his followers are cowards.

God chooses who goes to heaven of hell before they are born.

Unconditional Election:

God does not base His election on anything He sees in the individual. He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual. Nor does God look into the future to see who would pick Him. Also, as some are elected into salvation, others are not (Rom. 9:15, 21).

Limited Atonement:

Jesus died only for the elect. Though Jesus’ sacrifice was sufficient for all, it was not efficacious for all. Jesus only bore the sins of the elect. Support for this position is drawn from such scriptures as Matt. 26:28 where Jesus died for ‘many'; John 10:11, 15 which say that Jesus died for the sheep (not the goats, per Matt. 25:32-33); John 17:9 where Jesus in prayer interceded for the ones given Him, not those of the entire world; Acts 20:28 and Eph. 5:25-27 which state that the Church was purchased by Christ, not all people; and Isaiah 53:12 which is a prophecy of Jesus’ crucifixion where he would bore the sins of many (not all).

Irresistible Grace:

When God calls his elect into salvation, they cannot resist. God offers to all people the gospel message. This is called the external call. But to the elect, God extends an internal call and it cannot be resisted. This call is by the Holy Spirit who works in the hearts and minds of the elect to bring them to repentance and regeneration whereby they willingly and freely come to God. Some of the verses used in support of this teaching are Romans 9:16 where it says that "it is not of him who wills nor of him who runs, but of God who has mercy"; Philippians 2:12-13 where God is said to be the one working salvation in the individual; John 6:28-29 where faith is declared to be the work of God; Acts 13:48 where God appoints people to believe; and John 1:12-13 where being born again is not by man’s will, but by God’s.

“All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out," (John 6:37).

Perseverance of the Saints:

You cannot lose your salvation. Because the Father has elected, the Son has redeemed, and the Holy Spirit has applied salvation, those thus saved are eternally secure. They are eternally secure in Christ. Some of the verses for this position are John 10:27-28 where Jesus said His sheep will never perish; John 6:47 where salvation is described as everlasting life; Romans 8:1 where it is said we have passed out of judgment; 1 Corinthians 10:13 where God promises to never let us be tempted beyond what we can handle; and Phil. 1:6 where God is the one being faithful to perfect us until the day of Jesus’ return.

There is no free will!

Read John 3:18 and that negates free will. Basically is says Jesus or Hell. God is a thug and his followers are cowards.

God chooses who goes to heaven of hell before they are born.

Unconditional Election:

God does not base His election on anything He sees in the individual. He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual. Nor does God look into the future to see who would pick Him. Also, as some are elected into salvation, others are not (Rom. 9:15, 21).

Limited Atonement:

Jesus died only for the elect. Though Jesus’ sacrifice was sufficient for all, it was not efficacious for all. Jesus only bore the sins of the elect. Support for this position is drawn from such scriptures as Matt. 26:28 where Jesus died for ‘many'; John 10:11, 15 which say that Jesus died for the sheep (not the goats, per Matt. 25:32-33); John 17:9 where Jesus in prayer interceded for the ones given Him, not those of the entire world; Acts 20:28 and Eph. 5:25-27 which state that the Church was purchased by Christ, not all people; and Isaiah 53:12 which is a prophecy of Jesus’ crucifixion where he would bore the sins of many (not all).

Irresistible Grace:

When God calls his elect into salvation, they cannot resist. God offers to all people the gospel message. This is called the external call. But to the elect, God extends an internal call and it cannot be resisted. This call is by the Holy Spirit who works in the hearts and minds of the elect to bring them to repentance and regeneration whereby they willingly and freely come to God. Some of the verses used in support of this teaching are Romans 9:16 where it says that "it is not of him who wills nor of him who runs, but of God who has mercy"; Philippians 2:12-13 where God is said to be the one working salvation in the individual; John 6:28-29 where faith is declared to be the work of God; Acts 13:48 where God appoints people to believe; and John 1:12-13 where being born again is not by man’s will, but by God’s.

“All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out," (John 6:37).

Perseverance of the Saints:

You cannot lose your salvation. Because the Father has elected, the Son has redeemed, and the Holy Spirit has applied salvation, those thus saved are eternally secure. They are eternally secure in Christ. Some of the verses for this position are John 10:27-28 where Jesus said His sheep will never perish; John 6:47 where salvation is described as everlasting life; Romans 8:1 where it is said we have passed out of judgment; 1 Corinthians 10:13 where God promises to never let us be tempted beyond what we can handle; and Phil. 1:6 where God is the one being faithful to perfect us until the day of Jesus’ return.

There is no free will!

of course there is free will child! you either accept God or not, and deal with the consequences of your decision. your decision. get that son? that-child-is free will.

God loves you

Some people hate god because they can't accept something that could possibly be far more important than themselves. Big O is one of those people.

Hey azzhole, God if a Republican child molester. You pecker licking Christards lick believe in a filthy Bible in which not one word from your sperm drinking God and his pig son Jesus appear.

Hey azzhole, God if a Republican child molester. You pecker licking Christards lick believe in a filthy Bible in which not one word from your sperm drinking God and his pig son Jesus appear.

see? you have free will son. God treats you as an adult, lets you do what you want. also lets you live by the consequences of your decisions. now, all YOU have to do son, is grow up.

Are people on this board so dumb or obtuse that they can't see the soooo obvious point of the OP? Or is it that they in fact agree with Twain yet tell themselves they don't, that Twain's observations can't be true because they scatter all our hopes about an afterlife like ninepins?

of course there is free will child! you either accept God or not, and deal with the consequences of your decision. your decision. get that son? that-child-is free will.

God loves you

Here's your God's free will. Suck my asshole or die. Your choice. Giving people a choice is not free. Get a clue you god sucking coward.

If one does not accept that child molester Jesus that person goes to hell. That's not free will. That's extortion. You God is an evil tyrant.

Here's your God's free will. Suck my asshole or die. Your choice. Giving people a choice is not free. Get a clue you god sucking coward.

If one does not accept that child molester Jesus that person goes to hell. That's not free will. That's extortion. You God is an evil tyrant.

oh my, poor blg o was rejected again by the fairer sex. have a bad day at work sparky? lean on God; He will give you peace. God does love you, He gave you free will. now you just need to grow up

LOL...I was right! The idea that you are not the center of the universe sent you into a blind rage. Being a mammie's boy only gets you so far in life. It only takes a few simple words to pop mammie boy's bubble. Cha-ching!

The thing is, to Christer Twain's comments are facts. Liars and fools hate facts but the truth is, in the Christer paradigm everything Twain says is true and Christer CONS hate the truth about their vile religion.

Are people on this board so dumb or obtuse that they can't see the soooo obvious point of the OP? Or is it that they in fact agree with Twain yet tell themselves they don't, that Twain's observations can't be true because they scatter all our hopes about an afterlife like ninepins?

the op is silly. it expresses absolutely no understanding at all. it is just another ignorant rambling of an egotist.

the op is silly. it expresses absolutely no understanding at all. it is just another ignorant rambling of an egotist.

Okay, please kindly tell me which sentence in the OP is incorrect. Thanks.

oh my, poor blg o was rejected again by the fairer sex. have a bad day at work sparky? lean on God; He will give you peace. God does love you, He gave you free will. now you just need to grow up

Spoken like a true Christian.

Your own Bible proves that free will is a lie. Why won't you accept Biblical fact? You can spend your life sucking God's butt hole but unless he picked you for salvation before you were born there is nothing you can do about it. Obviously you know very little about the Bible. Let me, a Biblical scholar bring you up to speed.

God determines who is going to heaven ..

"And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." -- Acts 13:48

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.... Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified." -- Romans 8:29-30

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." -- 2 Timothy 1:9

"He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will." -- Ephesians 1:4-5

"God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:13

Your own Bible clearly states that there is no free will. If you post any scripture that supports free will then all you will have proven is that the Bible contradicts itself and that God is a filthy liar.

YOU LOSE LOSER!

Spoken like a true Christian.

Your own Bible proves that free will is a lie. Why won't you accept Biblical fact? You can spend your life sucking God's butt hole but unless he picked you for salvation before you were born there is nothing you can do about it. Obviously you know very little about the Bible. Let me, a Biblical scholar bring you up to speed.

God determines who is going to heaven ..

"And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." -- Acts 13:48

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.... Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified." -- Romans 8:29-30

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." -- 2 Timothy 1:9

"He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will." -- Ephesians 1:4-5

"God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:13

Your own Bible clearly states that there is no free will. If you post any scripture that supports free will then all you will have proven is that the Bible contradicts itself and that God is a filthy liar.

YOU LOSE LOSER!

son, what i could teach you to lessen your ignorance! but, you have to want to learn, and you don't. you prefer to wallow in your ignorance. but remember, God loves you (that fact that you have not burned your Bible is a good sign)

Comments?

First and fore most, Mark Twain was a pen name for Samuel Clements. Second, He was a comedian. Critics turned him into a social commentor of society in need of social justification. Same as what happened with George Carlin's rise to fame.

they sould empathy of misery to find miserable peopkle to gather together and stand against any body content with just being themselves. What does the idea of born again do, allows the gender to make a career role out of their projected new identity.

Spoken like a Christian who has never actually read the Bible. Obviously you need some remedial Bible schooling. Prepare to get schooled FOOL!

Your filthy vile god predetermines who is going to hell.

"God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation." -- Jude 4

There's nothing you can do about it.

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth. .... For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction." -- Romans 9:11-22

son, what i could teach you to lessen your ignorance! but, you have to want to learn, and you don't. you prefer to wallow in your ignorance. but remember, God loves you (that fact that you have not burned your Bible is a good sign)

The only one getting schooled here is you and the other cowards in Christ.

I have forgotten more about scripture than you will ever know.

No, sole result Mark Twains Name was Samuel Clemens, not Clements. (not relevent to anything but asenine corrections should at least be correct) He was not merely a comedian but a serious journalist, great satirical novelist and Historian. Everyone should read his Joan of Arc. It is his longest, and he felt most important work. He spent twelve years reseaching and writing it.Its a biography. Anything funny init is purely incidental. A conneticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court does use comedy as a literary device to deal with touchy subjects. He would have alienated his audience by speaking too frankly about religion but his technique of comparing ancient superstition with modern ways lets the reader draw his own conclusion. Its funny as hell, Its a dramatic tear jerker, and its a great philosopical work. Hell, I`m gonna read it again.

When did humans begin to believe in the existence of a God? We know it was well before these brand new religions known as Christianity and Islam. Did humans believe in a God when they worshiped the Sun and the heavens? Did humans believe in a God when they began the ceremony to bury their dead? Was it the State who created the story backdrop of what God is and how that applies to humanity or was it the Church who created the story of God? Did God exist before a story was written about it to scare humans into following the orders that the story says is God's orders of man? Was there some other fate that fell to humans before they believed in a God? Is the fate of humans changed under a brand new religion defining what God commands of us? Is religion a spell cast on humanity, to program beliefs into them in order to make them better servants of their masters? Does a human need a religion to believe that there is a source of all things and we can call it God? If Islam and Christianity are just the newest members of the family of religion, why should they carry more relevance than the first religion? Why does religion exist?