The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of treason, and of committing an act of spiritual rape as serious a crime as sexual assault. He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are enemies of the Constitution.)

Being convicted in a court martial means that a soldier has committed a crime under federal military law. Punishment for a court martial can include imprisonment and being dishonorably discharged from the military.

The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of treason, and of committing an act of spiritual rape as serious a crime as sexual assault. He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are enemies of the Constitution.)

Being convicted in a court martial means that a soldier has committed a crime under federal military law. Punishment for a court martial can include imprisonment and being dishonorably discharged from the military.

Have a link ? :huh:

wow. an assault on the constitution.

I don't believe religious beliefs should be free from the scrutiny give to ANY OTHER IDEA.

We shouldn't have chaplains in the military .... or anywhere else in government. What a waste of money & time.

Agreed.

So this is something that is being "proposed" by a potential "Consultant". Doubt it will happen.

i doubt it, too. but i think the point is....the pentagon actually legitimized these idiots. that would be the same thing as if they legitimized

the westboro baptist church with a hearing. why? why did this fundamentalist atheist nutcase group even deserve to be heard by

the pentagon?

i doubt it, too. but i think the point is....the pentagon actually legitimized these idiots. that would be the same thing as if they legitimized

the westboro baptist church with a hearing. why? why did this fundamentalist atheist nutcase group even deserve to be heard by

the pentagon?

I am an atheist as well. An outspoken one at that.

I'm an atheist too, but not outspoken about it. I challenge religion and beliefs.

I'm also prior military.

I never had a problem with chaplains in the military. Never forced me to go to church and never offered to counsel me. Never sought one out for counsel either.

This sounds like something that would come from faux [news].

i don't really care about that. but if you slam christians like a fundamentalist atheist, then you're no different than the idiot fundamentalist

christians that slam all atheists. you'd be just as ignorant.

I'm an atheist too, but not outspoken about it. I challenge religion and beliefs.

I'm also prior military.

I never had a problem with chaplains in the military. Never forced me to go to church and never offered to counsel me. Never sought one out for counsel either.

Government kowtowing to religion is what it's about. Give 'em a rifle or a mop, I say. Their choice. That or a discharge & get 'em off the payroll (taxpayer's dime)

i don't really care about that. but if you slam christians like a fundamentalist atheist, then you're no different than the idiot fundamentalist

christians that slam all atheists. you'd be just as ignorant.

I tend to practice some self control in my dialogue with others if that's what you are getting at.

hannibal and emerald...

"congress shall make no law with respect to religion, nor prohibit the free exercise thereof."

what does this mean to y'all?

the majority of servicemen are theists. facing death, i am sure they welcome having chaplains around for discussion. in fact, i am pretty sure one of the first military men of america to offer prayer and hold prayer services was washington.

If BOTH Breitbart AND Fox are saying it, it must be DOUBLY true. They are probably UNDERstating the matter.

The role of a military chaplain is to counsel and comfort. They are more psychologists than ministers and, in fact, are required to have a counseling background regardless of faith. Sort of like the first line of prevention on the battlefield.

Their secondary duty is to minister to their particular denomination on their particular sabbath.

They have ALWAYS been prohibited from proselyting and actively recruiting or forcing their faith on anyone. This is why there are no religious objects in military chapels. They are multi-faith buildings, so when the Jews are done with it, they take their stuff down, same thing with other faiths like Catholic, Muslim, Baptist, etc.

Breitbart and Starnes on Fox habitually put stuff like this up. It's called tabloid journalism, folks, and you've fallen prey to it. Congratulations.

The role of a military chaplain is to counsel and comfort. They are more psychologists than ministers and, in fact, are required to have a counseling background regardless of faith. Sort of like the first line of prevention on the battlefield.

Their secondary duty is to minister to their particular denomination on their particular sabbath.

They have ALWAYS been prohibited from proselyting and actively recruiting or forcing their faith on anyone. This is why there are no religious objects in military chapels. They are multi-faith buildings, so when the Jews are done with it, they take their stuff down, same thing with other faiths like Catholic, Muslim, Baptist, etc.

Breitbart and Starnes on Fox habitually put stuff like this up. It's called tabloid journalism, folks, and you've fallen prey to it. Congratulations.

the military has counselors of all faiths in their ranks. it's not fox news or journalists that are being tyrannically idiotic in this case. it' a rabid atheist fundamentalist group.

the military has counselors of all faiths in their ranks. it's not fox news or journalists that are being tyrannically idiotic in this case. it' a rabid atheist fundamentalist group.

They just need reassurance that it's not going on so of course it makes headlines. Not even a story if you ask me. It's just the same as it's always been.

They just need reassurance that it's not going on so of course it makes headlines. Not even a story if you ask me. It's just the same as it's always been.

f**king please. that group is no different than the westboro baptist church. westboro is rabid christian fanatic. the group pulling this stunt is rabid atheist fanatic.

f**king please. that group is no different than the westboro baptist church. westboro is rabid christian fanatic. the group pulling this stunt is rabid atheist fanatic.

Oh I agree with you. Internet translation lost. That should have been read with a mocking voice, like a five year old needs reassurance his picture of an owl that looks like a horse is good.

an interesting fact: my brother in law was a navy chaplain for years. he is currently applying to serve as a chaplain in the va system, rather than continue as a church pastor. i just got hung up after calling him. essentially, he stated you are full of crap-except i didn't mention you, just what you stated.

an interesting fact: my brother in law was a navy chaplain for years. he is currently applying to serve as a chaplain in the va system, rather than continue as a church pastor. i just got hung up after calling him. essentially, he stated you are full of crap-except i didn't mention you, just what you stated.

b. Roles and responsibilities.

(1) Chaplains are required by law to hold religious services for members of the command to which they are

assigned, when practicable. Chaplains provide for religious support, pastoral care, and the moral and spiritual wellbeing

of the command (10 USC 3547).

(2) Chaplains will minister to the personnel of their unit and/or facilitate the free-exercise rights of all personnel,

regardless of religious affiliation of either the Chaplain or the unit member.

This is a direct quote from Army Regulation 165-1. I stated they have a religious responsibility to the members of their faith, but they are primarily counselors. I should clarify that I mean they are there for everyone. So if a Chrisitian goes to a Jewish chaplain, the Jewish chaplain will not attempt to convert the Christian to Judaism. This is counter to their role as primary advisor to the commander as advisor on morale matters.

(1) Chaplains advise the commander and staff on matters of religion, morals, and morale, including, but not limited

to—

(a) The religious needs of assigned personnel.

(B) The spiritual, ethical, and moral health of the command.

© The personal impact of command policies, leadership practices, and management systems.

(d) Plans or programs for advancing Army values and Soldier or Family resilience.

You can see here their role as counselor.

Not sure I'm full of crap (I just went) but I think we're saying the same things differently. I never intended to downplay their roles as a religious leader, but stress their responsibility, in the context of this thread, as a counselor and "morale monitor" for the commander.

b. Roles and responsibilities.

(1) Chaplains are required by law to hold religious services for members of the command to which they are

assigned, when practicable. Chaplains provide for religious support, pastoral care, and the moral and spiritual wellbeing

of the command (10 USC 3547).

(2) Chaplains will minister to the personnel of their unit and/or facilitate the free-exercise rights of all personnel,

regardless of religious affiliation of either the Chaplain or the unit member.

This is a direct quote from Army Regulation 165-1. I stated they have a religious responsibility to the members of their faith, but they are primarily counselors. I should clarify that I mean they are there for everyone. So if a Chrisitian goes to a Jewish chaplain, the Jewish chaplain will not attempt to convert the Christian to Judaism. This is counter to their role as primary advisor to the commander as advisor on morale matters.

(1) Chaplains advise the commander and staff on matters of religion, morals, and morale, including, but not limited

to—

(a) The religious needs of assigned personnel.

( B) The spiritual, ethical, and moral health of the command.

© The personal impact of command policies, leadership practices, and management systems.

(d) Plans or programs for advancing Army values and Soldier or Family resilience.

You can see here their role as counselor.

Not sure I'm full of crap (I just went) but I think we're saying the same things differently. I never intended to downplay their roles as a religious leader, but stress their responsibility, in the context of this thread, as a counselor and "morale monitor" for the commander.

you must have been the swimming champ in school. you back pedal well