Guns Don't Kill Kids, Kids Kill Kids

"As Stephanie Sparks cleaned the kitchen, her 5-year-old son, Kristian, began playing with a rifle he was given last year. She stepped out onto the front porch, poured grease out of a frying pan for the dogs and "heard the gun go off," a Kentucky coroner said.

Authorities said the boy had fatally shot his 2-year-old sister, Caroline, in the chest."

"In this case, the rifle was made by a company that sells guns specifically for children — "My first rifle" is the slogan — in colors ranging from plain brown to hot pink to royal blue to multi-color swirls."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/coroner-boy-shoots-year-sister-ky-19088572#.UYKL68qJRNk

There's nothing more I can add to this story.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence from the gun nuts is deafening, but expected. They just ignore all the carnage, the tragedies, the crimes committed by people who have no business having a gun. All this so they can get a boner from shooting their weapons.

I agree with Brcon. Had there been tough government-sponsored laws in place regulating guns (like there are tough government-sponsored laws in place regulating murder) this would have never happened. The little boy, like big grown up criminals, would have stopped, and told himself, "I can't pway with dis. It's a gun an our presdent said guns are bad...weeeeel bad." Criminals likewise would say a cleansing "No we can't!" when it came to guns and would promptly return said firearms to the place they lifted them.

I have faith as does Brcon that the above will only happen with stricter gun laws in place. Won't you all join us?

And you dumbasses can't figure out why you can't get a bill passed,,,,

Do you think the parents of those kids is a responsible gun owner ? And this has nothing to do with back ground checks, or assault weapons or huge ammo clips. It has to do with the culture of guns, that says it's OK for kids to have loaded weapons. In fact, most "responsible gun owners" have little respect for those guns. They treat them like toys.

"As Stephanie Sparks cleaned the kitchen, her 5-year-old son, Kristian, began playing with a rifle he was given last year. She stepped out onto the front porch, poured grease out of a frying pan for the dogs and "heard the gun go off," a Kentucky coroner said.

Authorities said the boy had fatally shot his 2-year-old sister, Caroline, in the chest."

"In this case, the rifle was made by a company that sells guns specifically for children — "My first rifle" is the slogan — in colors ranging from plain brown to hot pink to royal blue to multi-color swirls."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/coroner-boy-shoots-year-sister-ky-19088572#.UYKL68qJRNk

There's nothing more I can add to this story.

Sounds to me like an stupid parent killed a killed... I'd be curious to know who she voted for, democrats lean to the retarded side.

What..... no Cons willing to defend 5 year olds playing with loaded guns ? Doesn't the 2nd amendment apply to kids also ?

I will. You are fucking ignorant, and so was the parent responsible for imparting gun safety to this new gun owner. Someone PROPERLY TRAINED in fire arm safety will NEVER point a gun WITCH IS ALWAYS TO BE CONSIDERED "LOADED" at ANYTHING LIVING.

This isn't a story about guns, it's a story about the gene pool getting some much needed chlorine. Unfortunately, you are still here.

Sounds to me like an stupid parent killed a killed... I'd be curious to know who she voted for, democrats lean to the retarded side.

Her 5 year old son owned a firearm and you suspect they are dems ? Are you getting enough oxygen ? :huh:

Do you think the parents of those kids is a responsible gun owner ?

Of course not

And this has nothing to do with back ground checks, or assault weapons or huge ammo clips.

Right, no law is going to prevent this type of incident, any more than a law is going to prevent some dumbass parent from backing the car over the kid in the driveway

It has to do with the culture of guns, that says it's OK for kids to have loaded weapons.

How do you feel about the "culture of swimming"?

Surely someone as involved as you are at trying to save children's lives already knows that more children die in backyard swimming pools than accidental gunshots.

Where do you speak out against that well known child killer?

In fact, most "responsible gun owners" have little respect for those guns. They treat them like toys.

This is why you dumbasses can't get a simple bill passed even when the so-called majority of the people agree with you.

No one wants to side with blatant liars, like this one, even if they agree the law should be passed

Idiots like you drive away support, not garner it

You want to know how to prevent tragedies like this from happening?

Education

If this kids parents had been required to take and pass a simple firearm safety course as part of their high school education this wouldn't have happened.

I care about life, all life, no matter how it gets taken, and I work to prevent the ones I can

That is why I teach BOTH firearms and swimming.

What do you do, other than tell lies on the internet?

I will. You are fucking ignorant, and so was the parent responsible for imparting gun safety to this new gun owner. Someone PROPERLY TRAINED in fire arm safety will NEVER point a gun WITCH IS ALWAYS TO BE CONSIDERED "LOADED" at ANYTHING LIVING.

This isn't a story about guns, it's a story about the gene pool getting some much needed chlorine. Unfortunately, you are still here.

Her 5 year old son owned a firearm and you suspect they are dems ? Are you getting enough oxygen ? :huh:

Pretty sure a 5 year old can't own a gun, even in Kentucky....trailer trash tends to vote democrat.

VII. SELL, DELIVER OR TRANSFER TO A JUVENILE:

18 USC § 922(x)(1). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment unless transferor had

reason to believe juvenile would commit crime of violence with gun or ammunition,

then up to 10 years imprisonment.

18 USC § 922(x)(1). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment unless transferor had

reason to believe juvenile would commit crime of violence with gun or ammunition,

I can own all the weapons on my kids behalf I choose to in any state in the union. I can then ALSO let them use said firearms. Sorry, You loose. Find one precedent for a parent being charged for shooting with their minor children.

How about a link to your source btw.....

"Kristian’s rifle was kept in a corner of the mobile home,"

So not it's an argument over where the trailer sits?

How is the style of their lodging even a factor in this ? Classicism eh ? Funny.

Her 5 year old son owned a firearm

Pretty sure a 5 year old can't own a gun

Yes they can.

I can own all the weapons

I lose???? Are you getting enough oxygen ? Ignorant much ?

I lose???? Are you getting enough oxygen ? Ignorant much ?

Own VS Use.... You are splitting hairs now. NOTHING ILLEGAL TRANSPIRED. This was a terrible thing caused by ignorance, LIKE YOURS.

It ain't over yet, einstein.

Hey cedarswamp, have some more paint chips, dumbazz.

Hey dano bivins Yeah, that's what the fuck I'm talkin' about

We have your motherfuckin' liberal forum surrounded

Put down the candy and let the little boy go

You know what I'm sayin'? Punk motherfucker.- Andre Romelle Young