One Of Ours Found Still Alive

he is talking about shintao...shintao has been running a prisoner of war camp in vietnam for the last 40 years... he turned on his capitalist conservative brethren and joined with the nva. The military sent in a green baret named john rambo to take pictures of pow's in the camp but rambo got hung up on the air plane....he did however bring back some of the pow's and threatened the leader of the raid..agent murdoch to bring the rest home...well through further investigation, it was discovered that shintao was the ring leader of the rice picking pow's. he is now in cia custody in langly virginia where he is advising obama on how to alter his identity...

It's amazing how uninformed liberals are of their own history.

A liberal congress defunded the Vietnam war.

educate yourself, this is embarrassing.

N

None now. Probably hasn't been any alive for at least 35 years.

just found one .

he is talking about shintao...shintao has been running a prisoner of war camp in vietnam for the last 40 years... he turned on his capitalist conservative brethren and joined with the nva. The military sent in a green baret named john rambo to take pictures of pow's in the camp but rambo got hung up on the air plane....he did however bring back some of the pow's and threatened the leader of the raid..agent murdoch to bring the rest home...well through further investigation, it was discovered that shintao was the ring leader of the rice picking pow's. he is now in cia custody in langly virginia where he is advising obama on how to alter his identity...

his names Robertson

green beret master sgt john Harley robertson

capture in 68 over laos, now 76 .

had a wife and kids back here

a film crew shooting a documentary found him .

OK make fun of that .

Link?

yahoo news

his names Robertson

green beret master sgt john Harley robertson

capture in 68 over laos, now 76 .

had a wife and kids back here

a film crew shooting a documentary found him .

OK make fun of that .

ok...here goes....he was a green baret, in the military...in a foreign country...killing the indiginous people of that country....sorry his life didnt turn out all peaches and cream...

maybe you libtards shouldnt be so quick to defund the military...i am sure that like the education system...if we poured more money at the failed green baret program he would not have gotten busted...just think though. when his buddies came home the hippis were spitting on them....and now those same hippis are running the country. i am sure he is going to think how well spent his sacrifice was...

so howd i do?

ok...here goes....he was a green baret, in the military...in a foreign country...killing the indiginous people of that country....sorry his life didnt turn out all peaches and cream...

maybe you libtards shouldnt be so quick to defund the military...i am sure that like the education system...if we poured more money at the failed green baret program he would not have gotten busted...just think though. when his buddies came home the hippis were spitting on them....and now those same hippis are running the country. i am sure he is going to think how well spent his sacrifice was...

so howd i do?

Like a moron that never served and doesn't give a crap .

You would have spit as well that who you are .\

Veteran , particularly Vietnam vets are rejoicing .

You not worth posting to ,

Some joined because of economics, others because of a sense ot duty.

Has anyone noticed that when the jobs disapear and prices go up, ads for joining the military also goes up?

We needed and need to take over other countries so corporate America can ship our jobs over there and force their people to work for little or nothing. Some of those we have put in office for more than fifty years up untill now keep their palms well greased .

I had enough friends and family who faught and died in Vietnam and for what. Those who returned to this country were treated like crap.

A lot of those in office and big business are pros in playing the shell game with Americans. All the while when you are looking in the direction they point you to, they are selling a lot of us down the river.

We either learn to swim together, or drown separatly. YOUR CHOICE !!!!!!!

N

just found one .

Meh. He doesn't speak english, remember his kids names, or remember he was an American soldier. Kind of hard to prove. Also, he is not locked in a cage being tortured and held against his will. Hard to call him a POW if he is married to a Vietnamese woman living in a village. Not to say that it is not him but it seems rather sketchy and hard to call him a POW.

I told you that Green LSD was pretty strong...don't take more than one. You morons never listen.

so howd i do?

You did not do well. It's BERET....it's Hippies. Despite the MYTH...I doubt I could get most hippies to spit on a Green Beret if I offered them a ounce of weed to compensate for the probable broken nose.

Who the hell picks a fight with a trained killer who just spent a few years doing jungle warfare? NEAR NOBODY.

Few understood Vietnam...including the guys running our war there. The French could have explained at least the basics. No way would we stay for 10 years...spending money and lives. The Vietnamese...intended to stay FOREVER and while you may not think they are large or real smart...they were RELENTLESS and TOUGH. Decades later...it's hard to explain just why we even did it.

Technically....most of who "runs the country" now...were a few years young for Nam.

You did not do well. It's BERET....it's Hippies. Despite the MYTH...I doubt I could get most hippies to spit on a Green Beret if I offered them a ounce of weed to compensate for the probable broken nose.

Who the hell picks a fight with a trained killer who just spent a few years doing jungle warfare? NEAR NOBODY.

Few understood Vietnam...including the guys running our war there. The French could have explained at least the basics. No way would we stay for 10 years...spending money and lives. The Vietnamese...intended to stay FOREVER and while you may not think they are large or real smart...they were RELENTLESS and TOUGH. Decades later...it's hard to explain just why we even did it.

Technically....most of who "runs the country" now...were a few years young for Nam.

rambo thinks you are full of crap...

In Vietnam . A POW we left , Nixon just pulled out . military ignored .

How many more are still there ?

Why is it people think Vietnam was the first time American soldiers were left behind. Korean conflict ring any bells. My dad was one of those America soldiers held in a Russian gulag during WWII.

He was told before returning to America he would be tried as a traitor if he spoke about what really went on. He didn't until his last months dying from cancer and it was the third time I watched my father cry uncontrollably as he talked about being a gunner shooting anything that moved even if it was a child.

War is hell and they are fought to conquer the will of the willing to die saving a belief that doesn't add up to everything being here equally.

Self contained to an adapt or become extinct moment, what is physical winning and losing? Surviving the every changing details or adopting a faith it is better to die young and foolish than grow old to discover you were played a fool all the time living.

Which is more evil, politics, spirituality, or economics? If they are evenly evil, where does the idea of 6 degrees of separation come from philosophically?

Church, state, economics. Power, wealth, and fame. All one needs to do in convince every body else's ancestors they are nothing without becoming a citizen of ideology. Doesn't matter which side, just anyside leading to societal evolution blocking the view of genetic continuation being self contained to now forever.

Correct or wrong because nobody is right or has rights to take liberties away from their own ancestors not conceived within the moment yet, if ever.

But full circle to Vietnam pow's. Every war had them, just Vietnam was considered the poiint of no returning back to the Constitution protecting individual liberty and being converted to saving character's rights to deny the self evident.

so howd i do?

You did poorly - very poorly.

You started out blaming him, ended making him a martyr. I rate the attempt "r" for "retarded."

I will give you the same advice I end up having to give every contard: Pick a fucking meme, and stick with it. Makes you look less an ass...

Sometimes you're wrong, like about chemical weapons, but often you're right, like in this post. No one spat on returning vietnam vets. No one.

I returned home thru several airports during the Vietnam war, in uniform, and everyone everywhere, including longhairs, were exceedingly polite and nice. I was rushed past & around customs lines, given the best seats, offered food by strangers, one guy even gave me a small-plane ride home after I missed my flight.

Ten we have golfboy, who hates the troops and in another thread said a soldier who was paralysed fighting in Iraq was not a hero and was stupid for getting wounded while "just doing what we pay him for". Even suggested the guy was a coward and was shot running away. All cuz he criticized bush.

Golfy says there were MIA's and Left soldiers because a commie symp congress took all the military's money away and they didn't have enuf to search for POW's or fly them home. really.

Tell you what, tell McCain that there were MIA's and forgotten POW's in Vietnam and he'd fly into a rage and chase you, like he's done to the families of MIA's that came to Congress to ask respectfully for action and fundidng. McCain HATES to hear about MIA's.

Let's see what this guy has to say, if anything. It should be interesting. Of course, the cons will call him a liar and sk-um-bag.

Not so fast Hop-a-Long.....

From your second link:

Despite these new revelations his sister, who is filmed being reunited with him in the documentary, said she knows it is him .....

Perhaps the sister is senile? SURELY TO GOD a man could not fool a sister who has been alerted to be suspicious. She could ask him, "What was the name of the street we grew up on? What was the name of your first pet? What was Mama's middle name - maiden name?"

Wouldn't matter if he did turn out to be a fraud, there's plenty of legitimate left-behinds.

Nixon Lied.

"“All of our American POWs are on the way home” said Richard Nixon shortly after the signing.

Soon thereafter, 527 men returned alive from the war to a well deserved heroes’ welcome. What President Nixon did not tell the American people and the families of the missing was that the American government had numerous classified documents and human intelligence that men were, in fact, still alive in Southeast Asia. We had men on our lists, that we knew had been captured alive, yet, they never appeared on the homecoming lists and were never returned. We simply accepted the “word” of the North Vietnamese that the lists were complete. On one of my frequent visits to Southeast Asia as a U.S. senator and congressman, I had occasion to speak to one of the North Vietnamese officials who was present at the negotiations in Paris. He told me point blank that “the American side handed over their list and we handed over ours and there was little discussion.” He further told me that “the POW issue was not aggressively pursued at all.”

One of the most intriguing of these unreleased documents is the one called the “1205 Document.” This document was retrieved in the old Soviet archives by an independent researcher from Australia by the name of Stephen Morris. He was not a so-called “POW activist” and was not looking for information on American POWs from Vietnam. While doing unrelated research, he found a document stamped “Extremely Secret” from the old Soviet General Staff Intelligence (GRU). The contents of this document depicted a speech given to the Politburo of the Vietnamese Communist Party in September of 1972 by General Tran Van Quang, the Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army (VPA). In his remarks Quang told the Politburo members that North Vietnam was holding 1205 prisoners of war. This, of course, is critical since only a few months later the Vietnamese released less than half of that number (527).

This document has been debunked by our government as a fraud, fake, lie, myth and many similar words. I can, without hesitation, relate that I spoke to a high ranking former member of the KGB who told me point blank that the document is real, because the Soviets actually had the Vietnamese Politburo bugged and the words were a verbatim transcript. He told me that he would never state this publicly for obvious reasons, but I believe he was telling me the truth. In any case the real issue here is that, if it is a fraud according to the government, why not declassify all of the documents dealing with POWs and MIAs?

One very important fact that supports the contents of this document is that President Nixon had sent the North Vietnamese a secret letter promising them approximately $3.5 billion in war reparations. It would not be unreasonable to assume that the Vietnamese would retain some “collateral” for that money. In any case the money never came because Congress did not approve it, when congressmen became aware of the torture of many of the returning prisoners.

There are too many other intelligence documents to discuss in one short article. However, the live-sighting reports of former Marine Bobby Garwood, who remained behind in Vietnam until 1979, are well documented. Bobby told me with tears in his eyes how he had seen Americans climb out of a box car in the late 70’s in Yen Bai, Vietnam. I took Garwood back on a trip to Vietnam in the 90’s when I was in the Senate and he showed me where he had seen American POWs on an island in Tach Ba Lake, in Vietnam as well. The investigators on the Senate Select Committee found literally thousands of live-sighting reports over the years from the end of the war into the 1990s. There was also ample evidence of pilot-identifier codes on the ground and seen from the air. If all of this is bunk as the government says that it is, then declassify and release ALL documents. The families of these men and the American public deserve to know the truth about what is in those files. Before any young American signs up to serve his country in the future, he needs to know that he will not ever be abandoned again by a bunch of bureaucrats and politicians in the government.

Let’s state the facts as honestly as possible: the American government wrote off all pending POW/MIA cases at war’s end to close the books on this ugly foreign policy disaster. And close them they did! After 40 years of FOIA requests, emotional appeals from family members, senators and congressmen, and House and Senate Committee investigations, the intelligence agencies still keep numerous documents classified under the guise of national security.

I wrote legislation to create the Senate Select Committee on POWs and MIAs in the early 1990s to attempt to get the documents and the truth released to the public. Despite the release of thousands of documents and the testimony of dozens of witnesses, I could not complete the job. Senator John Kerry, the chairman of the Select Committee, and Senator John McCain were more interested in establishing diplomatic relations and putting the war behind them, than they were about finding the truth about our missing. I fought them constantly to the point of exhaustion. It was a very sad chapter in American history.

Two former Secretaries of Defense testified under oath before the Select Committee, that men were left behind. Schlesinger, when asked directly if we left men, said, “I can come to no other conclusion.” Secretary Laird went into even more detail saying that the Pentagon had “solid information, such as letters or direct contacts, with about 20 airmen who survived in Laos after their planes were shot down.” Shortly thereafter, Chairman Kerry said about the testimony of these men, “It is quite extraordinary when two former Secretaries of Defense give evidence documenting that they had information, or they believed personally, that people are alive and not accounted for in Operation Homecoming.” It might have been extraordinary, but not enough so for Kerry to fight harder for document declassification and the truth. I personally have seen hundreds of classified documents that could and should be released as there is no national security risk. What is really at risk are the reputations and careers of the intelligence officials who participated in and perpetrated this sorry chapter in American history.

Perhaps the recent decision to build an underground memorial on the Washington, D.C. Mall is a fitting tribute to all of this. Although I do not question the sincerity or motives of those who led the efforts on this project, the symbolism is inescapable. An underground memorial to honor those who served and darkness in the archives for those who did not return. Perhaps when they complete construction and turn on the lights at the memorial, they can allow the light to shine in on the records of the missing. Former Congressman Billy Hendon of North Carolina, co–author with POW family member Beth Stewart, of An Enormous Crime, was taken to task for saying that we should forgo this project. He said we should first go under the tomb of Ho Chi Minh and look at the underground sites, where numerous live-sighting reports have been revealed over the past several decades."

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/cia-continues-to-hide-evidence-on-vietnam-era-mias/