Journalist Mary Clare Jalonick wrote for The Associated Press 29 April 2013:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The White House is commending NBA veteran Jason Collins for becoming the first active male player in the four major American professional sports to come out as gay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like that was some kind of badge of honor, or something...

Hes the gay Jackie Robinson ...except there are no rules banning gays from playing in the NBA , he is not nearly as comparatively talented and he came out after his career is pretty much over. If he would have come out in the 1970s it would have taken courage. Coming out now....I do not think many people care.

Hes the gay Jackie Robinson ...except there are no rules banning gays from playing in the NBA ,

Come now. Let's not be coy. :rolleyes:

It took balls to do what he did, and he did it for unselfish reasons.

Yeah, I don't see what a ll the hub bub is about either.

If gays want to be treated equal, their homosexuality should not even come up as an issue in something like professional sports. Straight, gay, bisexual, who cares. I only care about talent on the court/field, etc.

Then why is there hub bub?

If there was no purpose to what he did, there would be no reaction to it. If he had "come out" as a mormon, or a baptist, or a muslim, it would not have made a stir. But coming out as gay DID, so clearly, the "hub bub" is about SOMETHING, whether YOU see it, or not.

Why are we supposed to be impressed by some guy that sucks dick?

DERR.

Because he is LIVING the Golden Rule, dummy. :rolleyes:

this is the sick road the liberal scum bags want to take our country down. where are the conservative leaders?

They are toe-tapping in restrooms, and getting their asses rape-whistled out of em.

Wow!

You ignorance of all things from small to large continues to astound me.

A bench player with no likely future suddenly decides to grab the spotlight. Not unselfish in the least.

This is a very selfish jerk who led on a girl for 8 years, sleeping with guys all along, using her as a cover, and dumping her at the altar.

Come now. Let's not be coy. :rolleyes:

A barely active, lackluster athlete came out of the closet at a time beneficial for his career. Coming out now in 2013 is not at all dangerous. If this was Jordan and in the 80s then it would be newsworthy and perhaps warrant comparisons to Jackie Robinson. This move can really only HELP his career as some progressive minded franchise will certainly snap up the first openly gay NBA player. Not to be overly cynical but I can see a end of career free agent making such an announcement to further their stay in pro sports. He might not even like the cock.

Wow!

You ignorance of all things from small to large continues to astound me.

A bench player with no likely future suddenly decides to grab the spotlight. Not unselfish in the least.

This is a very selfish jerk who led on a girl for 8 years, sleeping with guys all along, using her as a cover, and dumping her at the altar.

I was not aware of this last part - but I'm not a big fag hag like you, following the career of a "bench player with no likely future" just because he likes going balls deep in asses. :)

How is calling someone who believes homosexuality is wrong a bigot displaying tolerance?

Telling the truth =/= intolerance.

A barely active, lackluster athlete came out of the closet at a time beneficial for his career. Coming out now in 2013 is not at all dangerous. If this was Jordan and in the 80s then it would be newsworthy and perhaps warrant comparisons to Jackie Robinson. This move can really only HELP his career as some progressive minded franchise will certainly snap up the first openly gay NBA player. Not to be overly cynical but I can see a end of career free agent making such an announcement to further their stay in pro sports. He might not even like the cock.

For starters, I never compared him to robinson - you did.

For enders, that's paranoid drivel. If he can't play, they won't pay. Google "professional sports."

For starters, I never compared him to robinson - you did.

For enders, that's paranoid drivel. If he can't play, they won't pay. Google "professional sports."

I have seen the comparison made on CNN and other sites....

If he cannot play you are correct. they would not keep him on the roster strictly for novelty points. If he is an average player past his prime his orientation could keep him in the game longer.

this is the sick road the liberal scum bags want to take our country down.

I have a bachelor's degree in Feminist, Gender & Sexuality studies from Cornell and currently a Georgetown University law school student and I can't afford birth control so I think the school should pay for it !

sandra-fluke.jpg

YOU GO GIRL, YOU VICTIM...YOU !

w620-86208c73ad7449b0e315ee2a0b75786d.jp

I have seen the comparison made on CNN and other sites....

If he cannot play you are correct. they would not keep him on the roster strictly for novelty points. If he is an average player past his prime his orientation could keep him in the game longer.

What part of your ass are you pulling that from?

The type of folks who are mesmerized by sports are NOT all that tolerant of gays, son. There is a REASON that he is the first pro athlete to come out - derr.

bla bla

Try posting pertinent to the OP, or at least the conversation, fucktard.

Gymnastics? Field hockey? Softball?

These are professional sports?

Interesting.

Tell me, are there gay ice skaters, too?

The big three (the MONEY sports in America) don't tolerate gays: NBA, NFL and MLB.

What about his ex-fiance? She was used and lied to. Can you imagine how she feels knowing she was gnawing around on his schitsicle after he was out on the road cheating on her?

Hail to the freaks of nature. Gays have a high suicide rate because nature has a built in way to snuff out it's mistakes

Try posting pertinent to the OP, or at least the conversation, fucktard.

Cannonpointer...thank you for not shunning me or talking about my mom BUT if you can't connect the dots I don't know what to tell you; other than your using to many brain cells on this REPUB toe taping thing !

Anyhow...in the mean time...on a TV she bought at Walmart, (where George Zimmerman once worked) Sarah Palin simultaneously watched Fox News about global warming caused by Israel and the effect it has on the peace loving Palestinian people, while she read a article on gun control (and day dreamed about what has a greater impact...same sex marriage or the war on women) as she ate a Chick-Fil-A sandwich...washing it down with a 64 oz Coke, that she bought at a Koch Brothers franchise, right next to the Catholic Church (where the local Tea party meets)...which was built where a old growth forest use to be that the Indians used for burying their dead and as a center for redistributed their wealth until White Christians males (who George Bush is a direct descendant of) came and stole their land and planted it with genetically altered crops, popluted and never paid enough taxes on it because they were rich.