TheNightStalker

Your Favorite Old Sitcom?

Damn, no Archie Bunker fans eh?

right here. LOVE all in the family & still watch it on 'antennae tv'. i love to spell ' liber-al ' cause that's how archie pronounced it.

My favorite was "Everybody loves Stalin".

"Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job

WASHINGTON—African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this country, a black man still can't catch a break."

~ the onion.

Seinfeld; it was a parody of us, and our many common quirks.

My favorite was "Everybody loves Stalin".

My favorite part was Edith coming home and yelling, "I'm home, Generalissimo!" No laugh-track needed!!!

Barney Miller MASH Andy Griffith Leave it to Beaver

BARNEY MILLER was the good stuff!

& on a related theme: The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show!! (Look- is moose and squirrel!)

Rod Sterling's "THE TWILIGHT ZONE"

Granted not a situational comedy, the humor in this episode was poetically humorous.

Not a sitcom exactly .... but the greatest television series that ever was:

I record and watch it every day. Outstanding acting, laughter, drama. I agree - one of the best series ever - Hall of Fame good.

Sanford & Son.

A good one, Red Fox was brilliantly funny. He had the junkyard in his walk and saw things most folk don't. My Favorite Martian, remember that? Earlier before I was into sitcoms my earliest memory was that of Felix the Cat.

Nice thread!

Peace!

Some I loved as a kid but think are just silly now: Gilligan's Island, F-Troop, McHale's Navy, and Abbot and Costello

Some I loved as an adult: Friends, Seinfeld, All in the Family, and MASH

I like that old show from the 70s called "Comrade Tito", which was all about Josip Broz Tito, his various wives, and pipe-smoking. It always opened with that catchy jingle: "Comrade Tito!"

Taxi was okay too, I guess.

Britcoms: Rising Damp - Dad's Army - London Calling - Allo Allo - Monty Python - Little Britain - Father Ted. Father Ted, I love Father Jack Hacket

You forgot "Only Fools and Horses".