Sign in to follow this  
Santaur

What Are Your Favorite Sources For News

As the title states, What are your favorite sources of news?

Some of mine:

MAGAZINES:

- MotherJones

- Harpers

- New Republic

- Atlantic Monthly

BLOGS:

- Wonkblog

- Krugman (nytimes)

VIDEO:

- Up with Chis Hayes (All in with Chris Hayes now)

- Maddow

- Daily Show

What are some of yours? I'm interested in some of the more exotic ones.

go go go.

DemocracyNow.org is my only source of news. It's the one place that covers international issues that matter the most, and in an objective and honest way.

I also watch The Daily Show, but I don't actually consider that a source for news.

Don't have a favorite since the all operate on the same preach to the choir format, but I do have ones I can tolerate and those I just cannot stand to listen to because every four word is condescending by patronizing the cult they preach to also thinking their own fellowship are idiots that will buy anything hook, line, and sinker.

Interesting question, tho a bit frightening since there are so few news sources I used to

read or tune into which I have any faith in any longer --

- MotherJones

- Harpers

- New Republic

- Atlantic Monthly

Actually, I'm not familiar at all with the "New Republic" -- but I don't either subscribe or read MJ,

or Harpers or Atlantic Monthly, but do recognize that they often have very interesting articles.

At those times, fortunately, they are usually referenced or featured on websites and I will pick

them up from there.

Not familiar with "Wonkblog" but will try to find out something about it.

Krugman I like, though I no longer read the NY Times -- and, again, generally when Krugman

has an article up it is usually at Common Dreams which I support.

BLOGS:

- Wonkblog

- Krugman (nytimes)

Not familiar with Chris Hayes -

VIDEO:

- Up with Chis Hayes (All in with Chris Hayes now)

- Maddow

- Daily Show

I don't watch Maddow any longer since she continues to support Obama -- and likewise Ed Schultz,

tho I still occasionally listen to him on car radio. Nor do I watch Daily Show -- on purpose.

if someone recommends something going on there, I'll look, but not with any regularlty.

Mainly, i'm getting info from the internet and from other posters bringing info and articles to my

attention. I'm fairly finished with TV as a news source -- even the BBC. Once in a while, I still see

an article from the Guardian which is worthwhile.

I review a lot of websites, looking at many comments --

that includes Common Dreams and other liberal websites.

My favorite news show is World News Now on ABC It comes on at about 2:30 in the morning..

KPFA in SF, or other Pacifica network stations. The Progressive Radio Network and Gary Null. Maybe some of it is closer to commentary than news.

I watch a lot of the progamming on RT (Thom Hartmann and others).

Posted · Hidden by NaughtyWord, May 28, 2013 - Conservative posting in LO.
Hidden by NaughtyWord, May 28, 2013 - Conservative posting in LO.

There is a difference between News and opinion. Most of what was listed is opinion. All of the major networks have both. The problem is that what was once news is now more in line with opinion. Maddow and Hannity are opposite poles of opinion.

Here is an example of headlines from years ago.

Today President Reagan shut down the government by refusing to sign the budget congress gave him

Today congress shut down government by refusing to give President Clinton a budget he would sign

These point the blame always at the Republicans and show the Democrats as heroes.

Walter Cronkite was one of the last newsmen that presented unbiased news even though he was extremely liberal. He would have given those as:

Today the president and congress shut down the government by not agreeing on a budget.

Today a lot of the news is skewed by not covering things as well as biasing how they present what they cover. All news organizations have this problem to a greater or lesser degree. Gone is the facts only method of reporting the news that was the hallmark of news until late in the 1950's Then the slow slide into bias crept in bit by bit.

I enjoy the absurdist humor on Fox News, and go to The Onion for fair and balanced political perspectives.

newspapers & randi rhodes. i listen to her radio program everyday. she was with air america when it was still on the air. now she has her own program. what i like most is she will always say not to just believe her, but to research what she says AND on her website she has a homework section that backs up what she says.

http://www.randirhodes.com/main.html

hmmm, ....... Maddow, BBC, NPR, Daily Show, MSNBC, WCCO TV in Minneapolis, and Fox SPORTS(they have much higher standards!).

Guess I really am a lefty- I also read the Economist online. & Colbert!

My favorite news show is World News Now on ABC It comes on at about 2:30 in the morning..

I thought I was the only night owl that watched that.

I watch a lot of the progamming on RT (Thom Hartmann and others).

I enjoyed the alyonna show and hartman

and Lauren Lister cause she has sexy legs..... i digress :)

Randi Rhoads and Rachel-- cause they research

i really like Mike Malloy

bbc

link channel on directv-- democracy now good documentaries / economic discussions

When I need some lol moments "coast to coast" the nut job ufo alien abductions/conspiracy govt is out to get you... The gop and truckers seem to get off on this.

A recent topic was how the govt is working with veterinarians , the lost pet chip is also a bug to spy on americans when they are playing fetch with fido.

The Economist ... has a global perspective and covers just about everything. More importantly, they make a good effort to present actual facts as well as various points of view.