Sign in to follow this  
CanuckleHead

Favorite Movie Lines

My fave movie line is from Dog Day Afternoon

Sonny: Sal, is there any country you want to go to?

Sal: Wyoming.

I read that the line was ad-libbed by John Cazale who was supposed to say nothing at all. The line along with the delivery was, to put it plainly, acting brilliance on his part.

from the movie "Rumble Fish". it makes me think of the US in general......

California's like a beautiful, wild... beautiful, wild girl on heroin... who's high as a kite, thinkin' she's on top of the world,

not knowing she's dying even if you show her the marks.

from the movie "Rumble Fish". it makes me think of the US in general......

Not from "Rumble Fish" but from "The Outsiders".

Dallas Winston: Man, I thought New York City was the only place to end up in a murder rap, Jesus Christ!

From "Man On Fire" . Creasy ( when he mentions his and Rayburn's past as mercenaries ): Creasy - "Do you think God'll forgive us for what we've done"? Rayburn ( after long pause ) "No"

My fave movie line is from Dog Day Afternoon

Sonny: Sal, is there any country you want to go to?

Sal: Wyoming.

I read that the line was ad-libbed by John Cazale who was supposed to say nothing at all. The line along with the delivery was, to put it plainly, acting brilliance on his part.

"Stop Looking at me Swan"-Billy Madison

"ooo Veronica Vahn, So hot I want to touch the hinny".=Billy Madison

"The Pen that I hold in my hand is rrrrrrRoyal Blue"-Liar Liar

"It puts the lotion on its sjin or it gets the hose again"- Silence of the lambs

"Put the fucking lotion in the basket"-Silence of the Lambs

favorite line....would have to be GySgt. Hartman

"I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless!! And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved corps"

actually the first 5 minutes of that is my favorite of any movie

favorite line....would have to be GySgt. Hartman

"I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless!! And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved corps"

actually the first 5 minutes of that is my favorite of any movie

A lot of that was completely improvised too.

"My Dear, you look like a well-kept grave." --W.C. Fields "Never Give A Sucker An Even Break"

From remake of Flight of the Phoenix: "Elliot" after shooting the wounded bandit everyone wanted to save. "Well, that settles that".

And from True Grit: Mattie Ross: Who's the best marshal?

Sheriff: Hmm, I'd have to think on that. Bill Waters is the best tracker. He's part Comanche; it is a pure joy to watch him cut for sign. The meanest is Rooster Cogburn; a pitiless man, double tough. Fear don't enter into his thinking. I'd have to say the fairest is L.T. Quinn; he always brings in his prisoners alive. Now, he might let one slip by evry now and then, but...

Mattie Ross: Where would I find this Rooster?

And this one from True Grit:

Quincy: I don't know any Ned Pepper. What's he look like? Rooster: Short, feisty fella. He's got a messed-up lower lip. I shot him in it. Quincy: In the lower lip? What was you aiming at? Rooster: His upper lip.

Best movie line of all time, from History of the World: Part 1:

Roman guard: "Seize him!"

Josephus: "Seize this, honkus."

The Beddford Incident. A Captain of a US Destroyer is chasing a Russsian Nuclear Submarine. The Destroyer pursues the sub relentlessly pushing his crew to the limit. Tensions and nerves are about to break. The Captain of the Destroyer replies to a criticsim that his actions may cause an incident. In a loud voice he says "Only if he fires one will I "fire one". The frazzled torpedo man hears "Fire One". He responds by firing a torpedo yelling "Fire One" and starts World War Last.

Favorite line as a blooper. My favorite movie is probably " As Good as it Gets". I recently watched it and picked up on something that was either part of a different release or was something I missed. When the thugs were beating up Greg Kinnear one of them said "excuse me" as he went by another thug.

Something I always look for is the the use of correct English by trashy characters. In particular is when an undesirable says " I will come as quickly as I can" as opposed to "I will come as quick as I can'. I remember a drug addict prostitute responding to a friends call for help by saying " I will come as quickly as I can".

The Beddford Incident. A Captain of a US Destroyer is chasing a Russsian Nuclear Submarine. The Destroyer pursues the sub relentlessly pushing his crew to the limit. Tensions and nerves are about to break. The Captain of the Destroyer replies to a criticsim that his actions may cause an incident. In a loud voice he says "Only if he fires one will I "fire one". The frazzled torpedo man hears "Fire One". He responds by firing a torpedo yelling "Fire One" and starts World War Last.

Ha ha ha. That's a good one.

what ever happened to Guillermo del Toro's (SP?) version of 'The Hobbit?' (oops, that is about the movie, not from the movie.)

From the Outlaw Josey Wales

Bounty hunter - " A mans got to do something for a living these days."

Josey Wales - "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy."