Sign in to follow this  
Primalearth

Elizabeth Warren For President 2016

Yep! Waste not want not. Financial house is in a mess. Sure, you can let them drop trillions of debt. Sell it, that's what they're trained to do - in stock broker terms, even though they more than probably knew, the bottom was about to drop. Yeah, they knew, but that's not how you sell, they knew first and not last.

People were and are taken advantage of, and yeah they know that too all too well!

Elizabeth is so right, and so brave as well. She doesn't just say, educate yourself. She understands the fine print, the lopsided foolishness that is beyond even the most educated just trying to make a life.

BTW - medicare for all just makes more sense.

Thanks for a great thread!

Peace!

Where are the rest of the Dems with the guts of Elizabeth Warren? I know they become marked by the Republican attack machine if they stand up for what's right,and we can't afford to lose more Democrats. On the other hand, we need them to stand up for what's right. I believe that the majority is behind the beliefs of Elizabeth Warren. We need leaders to guide us...

I am completely for a clinton/warren ticket in 2016

if anything it will cause the right wing oligarch's to lose their fkn minds!

and thats a good enough reason to get my vote.

liz warren doesn't have enough "street cred" to get elected yet...Hillary does, especially now after being secretary of state for 4 years

I am completely for a clinton/warren ticket in 2016

if anything it will cause the right wing oligarch's to lose their fkn minds!

and thats a good enough reason to get my vote.

liz warren doesn't have enough "street cred" to get elected yet...Hillary does, especially now after being secretary of state for 4 years

I have a like and dislike for Clinton. I think she's too much of a hawk, but then I thought after being in charge of the State Department perhaps some of her views have changed, but they haven't. Not at all. She talented and a very good politician, but truthfully I'd like to see someone like Warren at the helm.

Peace!

Liz Warren has every bit as much street ced as Barack Obama had three years before he was elected. She has the clarity to say what most of us are thinking. She has the Charisma and drive that is necessary to win. She can garner womens votes, the labor vote, minority vote, liberal and moderate. I do not believe that after Barack Obama the country is ready to return to the old white mans club. It was time for a good black president and now a good female president.

Liz Warren has every bit as much street ced as Barack Obama had three years before he was elected. She has the clarity to say what most of us are thinking. She has the Charisma and drive that is necessary to win. She can garner womens votes, the labor vote, minority vote, liberal and moderate. I do not believe that after Barack Obama the country is ready to return to the old white mans club. It was time for a good black president and now a good female president.

and thats my point exactly...obama inherited a government without any kind of support. attacked since day 1

at one point I honestly thought this would be a good thing, but the result is the current cockup we have as our congress....I for one am sick of it!

I am not saying that hillary would have an easier time, but I do think its at least possible

a complete "matriarchy" for our executive branch (clinton/warren) is different enough to garner much support (and votes) based on that fact alone....then you just have to worry about the swing-voters which tend to vote based on policy rather than "fluff"

a major plus for her platform...

Clinton is pro universal health care, we know that. she was at the forefront of the last health care battle.

likely whoever runs on the right side will be anti health care. in 3 more years the affordable care act will be normalized in the minds of Americans... much the same as social security, and woe to whoever tries to run against that.

Posted · Hidden by lostphoenix, March 27, 2013 - Non liberal/ Troll
Hidden by lostphoenix, March 27, 2013 - Non liberal/ Troll

Christy / Ryan or Rubio / Paul is the way to go.

Need to straighten out the country.

By the time Obama leaves office we will be over 20 trillion in debt

Christy / Ryan or Rubio / Paul is the way to go.

Need to straighten out the country.

By the time Obama leaves office we will be over 20 trillion in debt

You are obviously not a liberal. This is a Liberals Only Room.

I would vote for her. I think she is a strong, intelligent woman. She would make a great president.

LoreD

Posted · Hidden by lostphoenix, March 27, 2013 - Non liberal/ Troll
Hidden by lostphoenix, March 27, 2013 - Non liberal/ Troll

You are obviously not a liberal. This is a Liberals Only Room.

I would vote for her. I think she is a strong, intelligent woman. She would make a great president.

LoreD

I am neither left nor right.

I am logical.

The country needs to be fixed.

We are headed to 20 Trillion in debt by 2016.

Doesn't that scare you ?

Sen. Warren has taken her job as a Senator more seriously, and worked harder in the few short months that she has been there, than any of those old codgers that have been there for decades. She is not afraid to go after the big boys and be heard, and she will not back down. THAT is what we do need in a President, one who will not back down to the likes of the tea party lunatics in Congress.

Who does the GOTP have, Rubio, Cruz, Paul, or Ryan? None of those men can hold a candle to her, and NONE of them care one bit about working for the good of the people, over the good of the corporations and banks. The four of them put together don't have the intelligence, that Sen. Warren does in her little finger. None of them would intimidate her either, just like Brown couldn't, but looked like a fool when he tried. This country would be in fine hands with Elizabeth Warren as our first female President.

I am a great of admirer Sen. Warren. I believe that she is one of the few members of congress who is not out to promote special interest agendas. However, does she have the iron for a nationwide run? Would her ideas appeal to a mass audience? I don't think so.

As many people think that someone like Paul Ryan is to far to the right, many would consider Elizabeth Warren to be to far to the left. Let's not make the same mistake the right did with the Tea Party candidates that have ruined their party. There is such a thing as liberal extremists as well as those on the right.

We can't let the liberal extremists get ahold of the democratic party. Let's learn from republican mistakes.

I think our best bet in 2012 will be Hillary Clinton. She has baggage but what politician doesn't? She would destroy Paul Ryan or any other Tea Bagger idiots out there. One of the most damning issues in her run for President was her lack of foriegn policy experiance ( seems to me Obama didn't have much here either, but go figure! ). She has MORE than rectified that weakness after four years as President Obama's Secretary Of State.

Maybe Sen. Warren would accept a cabinet post in a Clinton administration.

Elizbeth Warren is a bulldog peoples advocate. She goes straight to the point when all our other representatives are skirting issues trying to judge what the audience wants to hear. But this time around we must`nt focus all our energy on the Presidential candidate. We must have a majority in the senate and house to support our president.

I really can't understand what the infatuation with Sen Warren is, what is her claim to fame?

She is a champion of the middle class....

The Boston Globe calls her “… the plainspoken voice of people getting crushed by so many predatory lenders and under regulated banks.” TIME magazine has called her a “New Sheriff of Wall Street” and has twice included her among America’s 100 most influential people. She’s taken on big banks and financial institutions to win historic new financial protections for middle class families.

Elizabeth has been a law professor at Harvard for nearly 20 years and has written nine books, including two national best-sellers, and more than a hundred articles. National Law Journal named her one of the Most Influential Lawyers of the Decade, and she has been honored by the Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association with the Lelia J. Robinson Award.

In the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis, Elizabeth served as Chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). Her independent and tireless efforts to protect taxpayers, to hold Wall Street accountable, and to ensure tough oversight of both the Bush and Obama Administrations won praise from both sides of the aisle. The Boston Globe named Elizabeth Bostonian of the Year in 2009 for her oversight efforts.

She is widely credited for the original thinking, political courage, and relentless persistence that led to the creation of a new consumer financial protection agency, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. She led the establishment of the agency, building the structure and organization to hold accountable even trillion-dollar financial institutions and to protect consumers from financial tricks and traps often hidden in mortgages, credit cards and other financial products.

Interesting considering the many betrayals of voters Obama has brought forth --

beginning with back room deals with the private health care industry and Big Pharma

which Rahm Emmanuel subsequently bragged about in having "preserved the private

health care system." While, of course, betraying the American voters on universal

health care.

Now, of course, we have Obama betrayals in attacking Social Security and Medicare.

Then there are the drones and the violence done to Constitutional rights from FISA

onward. Two wars he kept going. The many RW appointments -- including on the

Social Security "cat food" panel. There has only been betrayals from Obama.

It's like she's the only one awake in a field of sleeping pods.

I don't think anyone is asleep -- rather these are millionaires and multi-millionaires looking out

for their own interests. Certainly this economic damage didn't happen by accident and then

Obama put the very individuals who helped cause the damage in charge of undoing it?

Summers, etal.

Elizabeth Warren -- as she has so far represented herself -- would make a fine president.

Unfortunately, it won't work because we have a RW Democratic Party and RW Dem leadership

which will not tolerate her any more than they tolerated the attempt to nominate Howard Dean.

Who, btw, is suggesting he is moving out of the party.

Even if Warren were to get elected, she would be undone in a number of ways -- ala what they

did to Carter -- or worse. The only presidents who are going to get thru will be corporate/fascists

like Obama ready to do their dirty work.

It's like she's the only one awake in a field of sleeping pods.

Ha! you think after all this gun control crap the dems have a shot in hell of 2016! You must have really believed Obama's 90% thing huh?

Ha! you think after all this gun control crap the dems have a shot in hell of 2016! You must have really believed Obama's 90% thing huh?

Actually with all the evidence based on whats really going on within the general population I personally don't see GOP having any legitimate run at the Presidency until 2024. Given our history no one can seriously believe guns will ever disappear thus all the hocus pocus is just another political dog and pony show designed to appeal to the so called liberal voting base.

As for everything else the far right has crashed GOP into a brick wall of public apathy towards their cause because everyone is sick and tired of all the internet and airwave bullying and badgering to get people to join their side. Their logic is beyond rational thought and even their responsible Leaders are seeing this to mainstream America will stick with the Dems until GOP reasserts control over their own party and rescue it from the far right..

Actually with all the evidence based on whats really going on within the general population I personally don't see GOP having any legitimate run at the Presidency until 2024. Given our history no one can seriously believe guns will ever disappear thus all the hocus pocus is just another political dog and pony show designed to appeal to the so called liberal voting base.

As for everything else the far right has crashed GOP into a brick wall of public apathy towards their cause because everyone is sick and tired of all the internet and airwave bullying and badgering to get people to join their side. Their logic is beyond rational thought and even their responsible Leaders are seeing this to mainstream America will stick with the Dems until GOP reasserts control over their own party and rescue it from the far right..

well said

The GOP's problem is they aren't far enough to the right, they can't energize their own base with the squishy candidates they've been running.

Liberals and Conservatives have got to work together for the overall good of our Country without regard for unrealistic political ideologies that only serve to separate us and destroy everything we both love. Just because we align ourselves with one side or the other doesn't mean we stop being responsible American citizens who place our Country above whatever group we belong to. A Southern Republican said it best when he said "I love my Country more than politics" and he sat down with Dems and they went to work for all of us. This is how it's got to be because we see how too far to the right and too far to the left has gotten us nowhere. It's time for all of us to change and get back to what works because we can still lose this great thing we call America.

Thanks Lost. Every now and then I get lucky and get it right.

I don't know... I think the GOP is going to stop running religious nut jobs for a while and start putting more down to earth canidates up. I think it would be nieve to think that all this gun talk will not effect up coming elections in a negative way for the democrats. I don't know about the rest of you but I know a few people who have jumpe ship over this gun control crap and Obama care. When Obama care finally kicks in and effects a large amount of americans if its not successful right away, which we all know it won't be, I think it will lead to the biggest defeat in the democrats recent history in state governments, congressional elections and presidential elections. I knew you all in person I would wager big money that I am right.

Liberals and Conservatives have got to work together for the overall good of our Country without regard for unrealistic political ideologies that only serve to separate us and destroy everything we both love. Just because we align ourselves with one side or the other doesn't mean we stop being responsible American citizens who place our Country above whatever group we belong to. A Southern Republican said it best when he said "I love my Country more than politics" and he sat down with Dems and they went to work for all of us. This is how it's got to be because we see how too far to the right and too far to the left has gotten us nowhere. It's time for all of us to change and get back to what works because we can still lose this great thing we call America.

Thanks Lost. Every now and then I get lucky and get it right.

Agree 100%, the unrealistic goals of both parties are pulling this country apart, everyone on both sides is drawing battle lines the type that allow for no debate. Guns aren't going any where, gays have the right to be miserable just as much as straight people, the country has way to much debt and it is BOTH PARTIES FAULT, the business as usual healthcare is jacked up from the floor up and this country has got to find its place in the world economy. *steping off soap box now

How about a bipartisan ticket? Maybe Warren and Christie. Two straight talkers who don't really play the political game. That would really piss off the extremists on each side. It definitely would be hysterical to watch people lose their minds over that one, highly unlikely as it may be,