Sign in to follow this  
TheOldBarn

The Clandestine Fiscal Milieu

Science as a definition seeks to understand how the physical universe operates. This includes everything. Economics is not political, nor is any anything people carefully study. Not even political science, one would hope.

Today as a Nation as the common notion goes, we in the US are heading toward a fiscal collapse because our government is increasingly getting further and further into debt. And this theme is truly based in fact, we all seem to agree. Or do we?

Well, there are projections based upon current spending, and upon revenue, and the lack of balance between the two, as well as reasonable expectation regarding future growth of the economy.

People point to Cities and Counties declaring bankruptcy here in the US, or to Countries that are a part of the EU, chiefly that of Greece, or Italy.

There are all these States in desperate straights, each one fighting on two fronts --- balance the budget, versus, bring in more business/jobs/ reliable revenue.

But something is oddly missing here. What does it mean to cut spending wisely, what does it mean to tax appropriately? Now you can move from state to state, but most are unlikely to want to move to another country unlike Gerard Depardieu, the currently green card Russian thespian who fled France for some place far more civilized regarding taxation.

We've got the T Party now which holds sway. We've got no action we can all agree makes the most sense. We've got poverty, surely not nearly enough sustainable good jobs, and increasing uncertainty about a whole lot of social constructs, and it's not just about us all here, in the good old USA, we now all seem to say.

Corporations are people, Workers Unions are too. Food is food? Well maybe not the latter.

Like the fat guy stresses about healthcare as he eats fast food and smokes sticks, wakes up to smell the coffe and then drinks, because he's stressed from working his ass off, and for what, he sometimes thinks?

There must be a better way that so far has not yet been disclosed.

I dunno. Maybe It's Science!

Peace!

I know that president George w gump was the only one to sign a tax reduction while going to war.

I wonder how much support there would have been for iraq/afganistan if they imposed a 10% "war tax" on everything back in 2002...food, cars, gas..ect

I suspect that this iraq war would have lasted about as long as the last one

good point lostphoenix. even now in the Senate and the house you can't talk about peace or a different way without sounding weak. I'm thinking about all the crass statements and questions that were posed in Chuck Hagels confirmation hearings the other day.