csbrown28

Let's Have An Honest Discussion About Guns

New to the boards here.

I understand this idea that "We The People" have to be able to protect ourselves from "Government Gone Bad" or any other oppressive force. But I do have issue with how this scenario is often characterized. After all, the government is in fact made of "We The People". There are thousands upon thousands of civil servants, law enforcement personnel, millions of active duty and veterans out there who are all attached in some way to the government. You, me, our friends, sisters, brothers, cousins, uncles, sons, daughters, etc. I guess I see that as protection against some grand conspiracy. And the more informed we can be, the more we can prevent "Government Gone Bad." Quite simply, I think when we get to the point where we need guns to protect our country and keep certain powers in check, then we've probably failed in being a critical, educated, and civic-minded people.

Well said and I agree, education based on evidence is the key...

New to the boards here.

I understand this idea that "We The People" have to be able to protect ourselves from "Government Gone Bad" or any other oppressive force. But I do have issue with how this scenario is often characterized. After all, the government is in fact made of "We The People". There are thousands upon thousands of civil servants, law enforcement personnel, millions of active duty and veterans out there who are all attached in some way to the government. You, me, our friends, sisters, brothers, cousins, uncles, sons, daughters, etc. I guess I see that as protection against some grand conspiracy. And the more informed we can be, the more we can prevent "Government Gone Bad." Quite simply, I think when we get to the point where we need guns to protect our country and keep certain powers in check, then we've probably failed in being a critical, educated, and civic-minded people.

Their seems to be a fallacy that everyone who believe in the 2nd Amendment's defense against tyranny is ready to start shooting the government at the government's fart in the wind.

I do believe that this right is more important than the right for someone to shoot deer. However, we aren't oiling up our guns, loading our magazines, and ready to rock and roll. I'll go back to the example of a cold war. Did the United States need for fire off a nuke to keep the Soviet power in check? No. I'm personally glad that it never came to that. I am however, glad that we matched their power. It just showed them that taking an aggressive stance would result in a responsive attack. No matter who won, the casualties would be high.

Do we 2nd Amendment supporters want it to get that far? No. We love this free country just as much as anyone who fears an armed citizen.

We do however want to keep the right to remind the government that "we the people" put them in place with our consent. "We the people" created a government that is a constitutional republic. "We the people" will always rebel against actions that violate our constitution.

AND NOT JUST THE 2ND AMENDMENT! Many of us stand to defend them all even though there are equally as many who just pick and choose the 2nd Amendment when defending rights. I shake my head at them.....and those that just defend the 1st....or the 4th or the 10th....etc.

I have a present for you. So don't say I never gave you anything. LOL!

Did you think I was a white racist republican? LOL.

No. I hated Bush. Guess what? I really wanted change so I looked to the Democrats to restore civil liberties lost because of the "War on Terror". What did I get? I voted for Obama in 2008 and I got more of the same government abuse.

I am against Obama's trespassing bill which is a violation of the first amendment.

http://rt.com/usa/news/348-act-tresspass-buildings-437/

I didn't vote for Romney because I think the Fed's have no place in abortion or defining a marriage. I think the 10th amendment delegates those powers to the states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

I am vocal and against the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act).

The war against drugs is another form of the government's control over people. I am against the War on Drugs.

I am against raising the debt because it is just another way of taking the American people's liberty.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." – John Adams

I completely agree with you (or Bill Maher). There are those that are fighting for their liberties and only defending the 2nd amendment. I call them hypocrites. I am not one of them. :D

Edited by MrUSPatriot

I think every simi or resembling an automatic rifle or gun should be taken away and replaced with these.

anix%20french%20flintlock%20pistol%201.j

And for hunting.....

Pennsylvania_Long_Rifle_circa_1780._Penn

Whoever hunts with an automatic weapon is an asshole anyway. Plus, the founding fathers weren't thinking about automatic weapons when they wrote the Constitution. This is what they guaranteed people the right to have. (above)

Actually, that's debatable too. A well regulated militia, the first four words implies they wanted a militia armed. And we've already got a well regulated melitia....it's called the National Guard.

Nobody goes hunting with an AUTOMATIC. Seriously, have you ever shot an Automatic? you can't hit anything past 20 yards after the 3-4th shot.

And the Constitution never said that our government was limited to flintlock pistols and muskets either. If I am fighting a tyrannical Government, I'm going to be armed with the same rifle they have.

And finally The National guard is in no way/shape/form a MILITIA. The National guard is controlled by our Government. A Militia is "Military organization of CITIZENS with LIMITED MILITARY TRAINING who are available for emergency service, usually for local defense."-Webster In other words a Militia is used to defend ourselves from an enemy. weather it be China, North Korea, Iran, or even the US National Guard if the National guard was ordered to destroy our own citizens.

Lets say The majority of US forces are over seas fighting Iran, and Oregon is invaded by North Korea so a majority of the National guard is sent to fight in Oregon. who is left to protect us against an assault in lets say Southern California? the police? and how long would it take an oriental army to kill a few hundred cops? then what after? A WELL REGULATED MILITIA would be our last stand. You may be extremely sheltered and not realize how many people in other countries hate us and would enjoy murdering our families house by house. If our government went broke and stopped importing funds from other countries. Then Who is going to fund that "well regulated militia" you call the National guard?...Well?

Did you think I was a white racist republican? LOL.

No. I hated Bush. Guess what? I really wanted change so I looked to the Democrats to restore civil liberties lost because of the "War on Terror". What did I get? I voted for Obama in 2008 and I got more of the same government abuse.

I am against Obama's trespassing bill which is a violation of the first amendment.

http://rt.com/usa/news/348-act-tresspass-buildings-437/

I didn't vote for Romney because I think the Fed's have no place in abortion or defining a marriage. I think the 10th amendment delegates those powers to the states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

I am vocal and against the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act).

The war against drugs is another form of the government's control over people. I am against the War on Drugs.

I am against raising the debt because it is just another way of taking the American people's liberty.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." – John Adams

I completely agree with you (or Bill Maher). There are those that are fighting for their liberties and only defending the 2nd amendment. I call them hypocrites. I am not one of them. :D

I may not agree with everything you believe in but you are definitely ON POINT with the majority of it

Posted · Hidden by lostphoenix, January 27, 2013 - Non liberal/ Troll
Hidden by lostphoenix, January 27, 2013 - Non liberal/ Troll

lIf the communist democrats are going to try to ban guns,I feel we should ban vehicles.veh kill ppl everyday.Im so worried if they take our guns,crazy ppl might come aftre me in their car.Lets us ban cars too.Its back to the horse and buggy days! Oh wait, Our horse might go crazy and kick someone in the head...Lets ban horses too!