Change The Gun Laws And Gut The Nra

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not to mention a reloading press costs what?...about 100 bucks for a half decent one.   one thing governmental bans excel at is creating "black markets"   you would have toothless people re-occupy

How do we know there are 90 million gun owners if there is no registration to prove such? How many NRA members are there? 4 million? It would seem they are an extreme minority if there are truly 90

If you had a moonshine shed in the mountains somewhere...I assure you, you would not.

Sgt tall,

You misquoted me here? Why is that?

It seems like you are running away from a debate, I wanted to get your attention. I mean you asked for a "rational" conversation about guns in America didn't you? Then I give you FACTS by the numbers and you have no response...Just like Politamom, who throws one liners down and avoids facts and stats like the plague.

Our youth are killing each other in the streets because they have guns. Someone needs to step in and stop all the violence. I think all NRA members should be put on the terrorism watch list.

Our youth are killing each other because they have no direction or motivation to be decent citizens. They are bored because their communities have given up under the guise of racism and income inequality. They are enticed by the "get-money-thug-life" and think they need to shoot someone for stepping on their shoes. The gun is not the problem. Single-parent homes, high taxes, indifference and perceived racism are the problem.

I pose the same question to you and still waiting for Mom to answer as well: What "terrorism" is the NRA "supporting/responsible for"?

Here is the TALE OF TWO CITIES. This tells the real story.

A tale of two cities

This is a great comparison.

Chicago, IL

Houston, TX

Population

2.7 million

2.15 million

Median HH Income

$38,600

$37,000

% African-American

38.9%

24%

% Hispanic

29.9%

44%

% Asian

5.5%

6%

% Non-Hispanic White

28.7%

26%

Pretty similar until you compare the following:

Chicago, IL

Houston, TX

Concealed Carry gun law

no

yes

# of Gun Stores

184 - Dedicated gun stores plus 1500 - legal places to buy guns- Wal-M art , K-m art , sporting goods, etc.

Homicides, 2012

Homicides per 100K

Avg. January high temperature (F)

Here is the TALE OF TWO CITIES. This tells the real story.

A tale of two cities

This is a great comparison.

Chicago, IL

Houston, TX

Population

2.7 million

2.15 million

Median HH Income

$38,600

$37,000

% African-American

38.9%

24%

% Hispanic

29.9%

44%

% Asian

5.5%

6%

% Non-Hispanic White

28.7%

26%

Pretty similar until you compare the following:

Chicago, IL

Houston, TX

Concealed Carry gun law

no

yes

# of Gun Stores

184 - Dedicated gun stores plus 1500 - legal places to buy guns- Wal-M art , K-m art , sporting goods, etc.

Homicides, 2012

Homicides per 100K

Avg. January high temperature (F)

I LOVE IT! I may use this one in the future...wish it was more condensed though

Sgt tall,

You misquoted me here? Why is that?

still running I see...How dedicated are you really to this anti-gun thing....seems to me when actual facts and figures are pulled into the mix you run for the hills

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

perhaps not...there were not 90 million americans not all that long ago.

and they crumbled because the blatant discrimination was slowly phased out over time.

there was huge resistance to giving blacks freedom...huge!...much in the same way as there is huge resistance to giving up the tools that so often are used to kill.

however you cannot wave a magic pen and expect the reasons so many own guns to just vanish....crime is a big problem especially uin urban areas.

poverty breeds crime

thats where the gun control needs to start

So whom exactly should be allowed to possess a firearm? ANY civilians? What about politicians and celebrities? Are they worthy? I would love specifics when It comes to my Constitutional Rights.

1. I cannot define "Liberal" but I know it when I see it.

2. If you don't like the Second Amendment, then pass another amendment to repeal it.

3. I have been on a campaign since 1972 to repeal the 22d Amendment.

So who taught you to drive 777's? Malaysians or Chicoms?

You have the right to do what ever you want where ever you want with who ever you want when ever your want and own whatever you want and talk about it as you like. Your rights are only curtailed when it infrenges on the rights of others to do the same. As is said in the West. You have the right to swing your fist but that right stops at the juncture of my nose.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's paint a tyrannical picture to see what some of your feedback would be.

Let's say Rick Santorum won the election for President. Let's say Republicans won a super majority in both the house and senate. Let's say there were legislation and executive orders that explicitly denied the ability to choose an abortion or choose your marriage partner (same sex). In fact, let's say they took it a few steps more and said that it was against the law for people to have same-sex relations. They republicans expanded police forces and identified Occupy Wall Street individuals as militant combatants of the state and in some cases authorized lethal force to disburse some of the gatherings.

As a libertarian, I'm already cringing at how tyrannical this imaginary state would be.

What is the next step for us pro-liberty patriots? If we don't believe in the second amendment, our only recourse would be to do strikes and peaceful rallies. What happens then if a conservative police state label rebellious individuals as enemies of the state and start detaining them indefinitely (NDAA) or executing them?

Would we wait out the conservative political storm and hope that our votes in the next election cycle restore the freedoms of our great republic or do we make a stand against tyranny?

So, while you're taxing your imagination about how "Tyrannical" an imaginary state run by Republicans might be... we CURRENTLY HAVE a Democrat president and an administration, who have the Main Steam media in their pockets...

- Who see no problem with the NSA spying on average Americans, in violation of our Constitutional rights,

- Who encouraged the IRS to harrass Conservative Americans, and effectively discriminate against Conservative groups.

Seems to me, tyranny is ALREADY upon us !!!

The urgency of this issue may be overstated by the media. Nevertheless, gun laws would prevent crime—crime, in a democracy, is always a bad thing—and help keep public places safe. “Thou shalt not kill.” George Zimmerman was the perpretator of a hate crime; his acquittal is on the same plane as measures taken against European Jews before the Holocaust. Simply put: If you don’t want utmost safety and no apprehension for everyone, you’re not a good person.

I LOVE IT! I may use this one in the future...wish it was more condensed though

still running I see...How dedicated are you really to this anti-gun thing....seems to me when actual facts and figures are pulled into the mix you run for the hills

This is an interesting statistical comparison. Do you believe there are any other specifics would you attribute to the enormous disparity other than the availability of weapons and/or CC permit? What is the largest factor that contributes to and/or lowers the murder rate...in your opinion?

• 3 months later...

This is an interesting statistical comparison. Do you believe there are any other specifics would you attribute to the enormous disparity other than the availability of weapons and/or CC permit? What is the largest factor that contributes to and/or lowers the murder rate...in your opinion?

Capital Punishment. In Texas the death penalty is very real. Thats why the crime rate is so low in spite of all the gangsters run out of New Orleans after Katrina.(they all came to Texas)

• 3 months later...

You have the right to do what ever you want where ever you want with who ever you want when ever your want and own whatever you want and talk about it as you like. Your rights are only curtailed when it infrenges on the rights of others to do the same. As is said in the West. You have the right to swing your fist but that right stops at the juncture of my nose.

Liberalism is freedom.

This ^^^ is freedom, until it's encroachment.

That mugger dyng at my feet was encroaching.

KJ

• 2 weeks later...

I would never join the NRA for many reasons, but I do believe in the right to bear arms.

The NRA has had a record of bully tactics to keep sensible reform from happening.

They support Republican candidates, but not Democrats who support the 2nd amendment.

If their fearful claims that "they're coming to take your guns away" ever actually happens, their member list is a great starting point for the "gun confiscators".

As for our country's record of arms sales, it has cause too many problems, and should be severely curtailed, or stopped completely.

"If their fearful claims that "they're coming to take your guns away" ever actually happens, their member list is a great starting point for the "gun confiscators."

A great starting point for the 'gun confiscators'?

I would wonder if a Repube candidate would ever even think that.

Seems like a thrilling prospect to you.

"False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Cesare Beccaria

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon - so long as there is no answer to it - gives claws to the weak." - George Orwell "You and the Atom Bomb", 1945

"A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie." - Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

"I have one simple request ... and that is to have sharks with fricking laser beams attached to their heads!" - Dr. Evil

KJ

A great starting point for the 'gun confiscators'?

I would wonder if a Repube candidate would ever even think that.

Seems like a thrilling prospect to you.

You so misread my meaning there.... What I was saying is that I don't believe "they" are ever going to come take our guns away, but if "they" try to, against the will of the people, the NRA's member rolls would be where "they" would likely start. That is one of the reasons I would never join the NRA.

People in this country overwhelmingly support our right to bear arms. Political affiliation is not a determining factor in that. Political affiliation is a factor in who the NRA supports. That is another reason I don't support the NRA.

I own guns, my family, and friends own guns. I believe we have that right.

I do support background checks to keep those with mental illness, and those who have convictions for committing acts of violence, from owning guns. I support laws that allow a waiting period to do those background checks. I also wouldn't mind seeing limits on the availability of "weapons of war". No dear hunter, or person protecting their property needs an automatic that can fire a hundred rounds a minute. The NRA fights these types of sensible reforms. That is another reason I don't support the NRA.

You so misread my meaning there.... What I was saying is that I don't believe "they" are ever going to come take our guns away, but if "they" try to, against the will of the people, the NRA's member rolls would be where "they" would likely start. That is one of the reasons I would never join the NRA.

People in this country overwhelmingly support our right to bear arms. Political affiliation is not a determining factor in that. Political affiliation is a factor in who the NRA supports. That is another reason I don't support the NRA.

I own guns, my family, and friends own guns. I believe we have that right.

I do support background checks to keep those with mental illness, and those who have convictions for committing acts of violence, from owning guns. I support laws that allow a waiting period to do those background checks. I also wouldn't mind seeing limits on the availability of "weapons of war". No dear hunter, or person protecting their property needs an automatic that can fire a hundred rounds a minute. The NRA fights these types of sensible reforms. That is another reason I don't support the NRA.

I so totally did.

Pardon my suspicions.

I support background checks based on federal law and no other restrictive state or local laws that are not federal laws.

Marriage is not in the constitution ... weapons for defending yourself against the gov't is.

I too think that hunting 'Dear' does not require an automatic rifle, but sometimes 'he/she' can make you wish you had one. :)

These, however, are very special, rare and requires a special license making you 'pants down' to the gov't and subject to searches and seizures w/o notice.

Military caliber or weapon construction or configuration restrictions has not proven to be meaningful.

Even 50 caliber rifles are not being used in rampaging psychotic murders.

Death by mayhem is cause enough for capital punishment.

I am not on their list either, for the same reason of the list itself ... registered independent also ... but I do contribute.

KJ

I so totally did.

Pardon my suspicions.

I support background checks based on federal law and no other restrictive state or local laws that are not federal laws.

Marriage is not in the constitution ... weapons for defending yourself against the gov't is.

I too think that hunting 'Dear' does not require an automatic rifle, but sometimes 'he/she' can make you wish you had one. :)

These, however, are very special, rare and requires a special license making you 'pants down' to the gov't and subject to searches and seizures w/o notice.

Military caliber or weapon construction or configuration restrictions has not proven to be meaningful.

Even 50 caliber rifles are not being used in rampaging psychotic murders.

Death by mayhem is cause enough for capital punishment.

I am not on their list either, for the same reason of the list itself ... registered independent also ... but I do contribute.

KJ

:P Love your response to my mistake.

I agree that restrictions on "military grade" weapons haven't been meaningful. Though I don't like having them available to every Tom, Dick, and Sally. If we ever have to defend our country, I may think otherwise. I just don't see anyone foolish enough to try to invade our country outright, because they know most of us are packing heat.

The type of attacks that we do have to worry about, from other nations, groups, or even our own government, aren't ones that we can shoot away with guns. Our best defense from the attacks that are real threats to this country is the ballot box.