Sign in to follow this  
lostphoenix

Rant

I got yet another news letter from senator chuck grasshole...its all about how he is fighting the good fight against voter fraud and wasteful spending on things like pbs.

ya know what the problem is?

The real problem are the politicians themselves...its always been the problem! Some of these hacks have been in power for 50 years! their elections are paid for by corporate kickbacks..very often foreign corporations. they have been bought and paid for over and over for decades now! The media (who are intern run by their own corporate agendas) are just another branch of this completely Un-american practice.

DEMAND TERM LIMITS ON EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL!

2 terms in the executive and legislative branches maximum! then ban them from going within 300 feet of a govt building

something akin to a child molester being banned from a school zone...it is fitting, as these clowns have been raping our country for centuries now

Edited by lostphoenix

I got yet another news letter from senator chuck grasshole...its all about how he is fighting the good fight against voter fraud and wasteful spending on things like pbs.

ya know what the problem is?

The real problem are the politicians themselves...its always been the problem! Some of these hacks have been in power for 50 years! their elections are paid for by corporate kickbacks..very often foreign corporations. they have been bought and paid for over and over for decades now! The media (who are intern run by their own corporate agendas) are just another branch of this completely Un-american practice.

DEMAND TERM LIMITS ON EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL!

2 terms in the executive and legislative branches maximum! then ban them from going within 300 feet of a govt building

something akin to a child molester being banned from a school zone...it is fitting, as these clowns have been raping our country for centuries now

Call his office and ask him if he's so busy fighting the good fight how he has time to send out newsletters. Better yet, ask him what he's doing about climate change. After all, wasting money on PBS really isn't going to be an issue if we're all dead.

I'd like to address two separate issues you brought up.

First, term limits. Representatives serve for only two years. Setting a term limit at 'two' means that you'd get to serve four years total and then gone. This might seem a good thing when looking at bad representatives, but what about good representatives? Do you want them gone as well? What about the fact that you've given a whole new incentive for legislators to be short-sighted, since there's no way they'll still be in office ten years later? I would argue that it would be far better to put an end to the current method of electing representatives, and use a proportional representation method. As for senators... they present a unique issue, since massive states like California and Texas, which also have the two highest populations, are punished with the least proportional representation in the Senate, simply because of a compromise meant to soothe the feelings of those who wanted each state to be a sovereign nation some 220+ years ago. It may be time to revisit having a two-branch legislature, or at least revisit the powers/rules of the Senate.

Second, PBS. PBS is responsible for quality programming like Bill Nye the Science Guy, The Joy of Painting, Reading Rainbow, and Sesame Street. Despite producing good, clean, family-appropriate shows that are educational and informative, the right opposes PBS for two reasons only. One: because it's the most trusted station in America, and they want that to be Fox. Two: because it is educational, and they want children being indoctrinated into creationism, not actual science. They don't approve of children learning, reading, or developing critical thinking skills, so they oppose anything and everything that support these things. For these reasons, people like your Senator are enemies of all humanity, and should be treated as such. (ie, locked up in Spandau Prison like Nazi war criminals were)

I'd like to address two separate issues you brought up.

First, term limits. Representatives serve for only two years. Setting a term limit at 'two' means that you'd get to serve four years total and then gone. This might seem a good thing when looking at bad representatives, but what about good representatives? Do you want them gone as well? What about the fact that you've given a whole new incentive for legislators to be short-sighted, since there's no way they'll still be in office ten years later? I would argue that it would be far better to put an end to the current method of electing representatives, and use a proportional representation method. As for senators... they present a unique issue, since massive states like California and Texas, which also have the two highest populations, are punished with the least proportional representation in the Senate, simply because of a compromise meant to soothe the feelings of those who wanted each state to be a sovereign nation some 220+ years ago. It may be time to revisit having a two-branch legislature, or at least revisit the powers/rules of the Senate.

Second, PBS. PBS is responsible for quality programming like Bill Nye the Science Guy, The Joy of Painting, Reading Rainbow, and Sesame Street. Despite producing good, clean, family-appropriate shows that are educational and informative, the right opposes PBS for two reasons only. One: because it's the most trusted station in America, and they want that to be Fox. Two: because it is educational, and they want children being indoctrinated into creationism, not actual science. They don't approve of children learning, reading, or developing critical thinking skills, so they oppose anything and everything that support these things. For these reasons, people like your Senator are enemies of all humanity, and should be treated as such. (ie, locked up in Spandau Prison like Nazi war criminals were)

Good or bad, it takes the new guys a little bit of time to get used to how the job works. Just like any other job. So no one in 4 years is really going to get much done. Especially since they have to spend the 4 years preparing to run for the Senate, which they are now forced to do if they want to remain in politics. Really it doesn't matter if guys like the mentioned Senator can serve 2 terms or a hundred terms, it comes down to the fact that people need to stop being so ignorant that they can't spot a bad elected official and kick him to the curb. Bad ones will always get into office, but we need to be smart enough to realize when we should throw them back out.

Agree with the 2 PBS points but you're missing the 3rd and, in my oppinion, the main one. What they really want, why they keep bringing up PBS, is that the right needs 2 things: a boogeyman and a scapegoat. That's how the right in this country gets stuff done. A boogeyman to scare you and a scapegoat to distract you. We saw the boogeyman theory in action with Bin Ladin. It wouldn't have been so easy to invade Iraq if 9/11 didn't happen. But it did and then Be afraid! Bin Ladin is out there to get you! They got people in such a panic that it made it a lot easier to do what they wanted. Thanks to their boogeyman.

So now they use PBS as their scapegoat. They make it out like PBS is what caused all our financial problems. Not two wars, not the fuck-ton of money in defense spending. Nope! It was PBS. Honestly I don't think the Republicans want PBS to go away, cause then they lose their scapegoat. Just like I think they were glad that Bin Ladin was still out there in the caves during the Bush years. Then they had their boogeyman. George himself said he didn't spend much time thinking about Bin Ladin. Don't know what was distracting him though, Honey Boo Boo wasn't on TV at the time.

One of the numerous issues that we have out here in California has to do with term limits. Put simply, by the time that a representative manages to learn the ropes of the legislature and build positive relationships with people across the aisle, he or she is termed out of office. This has led to amateur legislators unable to pass workable legislation, and is one of a number of reasons that California is largely ungovernable.

One of the numerous issues that we have out here in California has to do with term limits. Put simply, by the time that a representative manages to learn the ropes of the legislature and build positive relationships with people across the aisle, he or she is termed out of office. This has led to amateur legislators unable to pass workable legislation, and is one of a number of reasons that California is largely ungovernable.

Exactly.

I do not think I can agree with the second point. Do you honestly believe the Right has the capacity for self-reflection necessary to see a difference between "education" and "indoctrination"? The Right despises PBS/NPR/CPB because of the one common letter in those abbreviations: P (for public). For the Right, capitalism and privatization are the foundations of every issue they pursue (minus the pseudo-religious issues of abortion, evolution, etc.). If a broadcaster is PUBLICLY owned and operated, it is viewed as a propaganda tool of whatever government happens to be in power. Because the Right is becoming louder and more influential with each new day, there will never be satisfaction with whatever government is in power. The government will keep moving farther right (just as Obama, Bush, and Clinton moved it right) but will never catch up to the loudest voices in the ultra-orthodox conservatives. It will always be too far left for their taste, and, as such, public media will continuously be vilified as a propaganda tool for whoever might be even the slightest bit more progressive than the conservative loudmouths.

what's in their lox. Gypsies no less. Strewn from lox magical socks, and voices with big heads.

Clashing threw the snow. Dashing in the mud. Mythical Santa with Satanical propagandist ill will, with ill equipped

mechanical mechanisms, parts distributed in warehouses, in no orderly way, no inventory, no way whatsoever to oblige the needed

quota of needed service to what has been sold on any given day. Disjointed, the ill reputed mechanical minded one is left with no way to

make it somehow work. The union like the zircon coated fastening belt tightening nut is now dead.

Who the hell purchased this? It doesn't fit, it couldn't fit. You could hammer the heck out of it.

They propose to make bridges and roads and fast trains with it, yet no one believes it could ever one day work, why would they.

Peace!

Edited by TheOldBarn

I do not think I can agree with the second point. Do you honestly believe the Right has the capacity for self-reflection necessary to see a difference between "education" and "indoctrination"? The Right despises PBS/NPR/CPB because of the one common letter in those abbreviations: P (for public). For the Right, capitalism and privatization are the foundations of every issue they pursue (minus the pseudo-religious issues of abortion, evolution, etc.). If a broadcaster is PUBLICLY owned and operated, it is viewed as a propaganda tool of whatever government happens to be in power. Because the Right is becoming louder and more influential with each new day, there will never be satisfaction with whatever government is in power. The government will keep moving farther right (just as Obama, Bush, and Clinton moved it right) but will never catch up to the loudest voices in the ultra-orthodox conservatives. It will always be too far left for their taste, and, as such, public media will continuously be vilified as a propaganda tool for whoever might be even the slightest bit more progressive than the conservative loudmouths.

Agree with some of this. But lets not fool ourselves into thinking that the Republicans hate PBS because they consider it propaganda. They LOVE propaganda! Ever seen the Repulican Propaganda Network (aka: FOX News)? And they have no problem with government propaganda as long as they are in charge. Rather or not they consider NPR propaganda, they dislike it because it counters THEIR propaganda. Unfortunatly not on the same scale.

Clinton got things more to the center, which I dislike but I do understand his reasoning. Bush obviously moved things to the right but that's not a shocker when you consider that he is a Republican. I disagree that Obama has moved us to the right though. I also disagree that the right is becoming more influential, they're just yelling louder because they're scared. America as a whole is slowly moving closer to the left. And there are calls from the slightly smarter Republicans to make their platform more progressive when it comes to things like gay rights so they can keep up.

America isn't moving to the right, that's just more GOP propaganda.

Edited by RobCooperX