RobCooperX

Shunned For Political Differences

This morning I happened to be up and have some free time around 8:30am, which usually I'm either off to work or sleeping in depending on my work schedule, but I flipped on Current TV and watched The Stephanie Miller Show (I'm not sure that's the actual title of the program but I know her name is Stephanie Miller) It's basically a liberal radio show filmed for TV. I had never seen it/heard it before but really enjoyed the program.

At one point a lady called in. She used to be a Republican and joined the Tea Party with her friends. However as she began to pay more attention to politics she started leaning more toward the liberal side. Not that she's completely there, but her views were obviously not supported by the Tea Party. Also the group's passionate hate for the left even scared her when she attended local meetings.

So apparently she wanted out of the Tea Party but still wanted to continue her friendships that she had kept for a long time. Well, it wasn't going to work so easy. She said if something was brought up about someone like Nancy Pelosi it would send her friends into a rage. If her oppinions of Obama weren't full of spite, they would be angry at her. They basically told her that she would not be allowed to be both liberal and friends with them. In an effort to keep her friends, she admitted that she continues to pretend like she can't stand Obama and other Dems when she's around those "friends" even though she doesn't feel that way.

Now as I've said before, I grew up in a small town that was mostly Republican. My best friend since I was little, who continues to be my best friend today, is conservative. Not Tea Party though, and he's progressive on things like gay rights but he mostly describes himself as a conservative. We have talked politics too many times to count in heated discussions in which we very much disagree, but we somehow managed to not let it drive a wedge in our friendship. Shocking, right! It's really not that hard.

Of course, many would advise to leave politics out of the friendship but I got the feeling that wasn't an option in this case.

But the basic answer for her is very simple, these are NOT real friends. They are simply people who associated with her based on the idea that she shared their political views, or more simply put, shared in their hatred of the Left. If I could give this woman advice I would advise her to tell these women to shove it.

But seriously, what group is so based on hate and anger that they would define friendships based on that hate. The Tea Party, that's who. This is obviously a group of cowards, they feel brave in numbers. They used their friendship with this woman to attempt to swing her back over to their side by threatening to shun her. If this group of women fit the definition of real friends, then I don't think I want any friends.

For those of you who get Current TV, you should tune into Stephanie Miller's program.

Posted · Hidden by Nancy, December 28, 2012 - CON SOK
Hidden by Nancy, December 28, 2012 - CON SOK

This morning I happened to be up and have some free time around 8:30am, which usually I'm either off to work or sleeping in depending on my work schedule, but I flipped on Current TV and watched The Stephanie Miller Show (I'm not sure that's the actual title of the program but I know her name is Stephanie Miller) It's basically a liberal radio show filmed for TV. I had never seen it/heard it before but really enjoyed the program.

At one point a lady called in. She used to be a Republican and joined the Tea Party with her friends. However as she began to pay more attention to politics she started leaning more toward the liberal side. Not that she's completely there, but her views were obviously not supported by the Tea Party. Also the group's passionate hate for the left even scared her when she attended local meetings.

So apparently she wanted out of the Tea Party but still wanted to continue her friendships that she had kept for a long time. Well, it wasn't going to work so easy. She said if something was brought up about someone like Nancy Pelosi it would send her friends into a rage. If her oppinions of Obama weren't full of spite, they would be angry at her. They basically told her that she would not be allowed to be both liberal and friends with them. In an effort to keep her friends, she admitted that she continues to pretend like she can't stand Obama and other Dems when she's around those "friends" even though she doesn't feel that way.

Now as I've said before, I grew up in a small town that was mostly Republican. My best friend since I was little, who continues to be my best friend today, is conservative. Not Tea Party though, and he's progressive on things like gay rights but he mostly describes himself as a conservative. We have talked politics too many times to count in heated discussions in which we very much disagree, but we somehow managed to not let it drive a wedge in our friendship. Shocking, right! It's really not that hard.

Of course, many would advise to leave politics out of the friendship but I got the feeling that wasn't an option in this case.

But the basic answer for her is very simple, these are NOT real friends. They are simply people who associated with her based on the idea that she shared their political views, or more simply put, shared in their hatred of the Left. If I could give this woman advice I would advise her to tell these women to shove it.

But seriously, what group is so based on hate and anger that they would define friendships based on that hate. The Tea Party, that's who. This is obviously a group of cowards, they feel brave in numbers. They used their friendship with this woman to attempt to swing her back over to their side by threatening to shun her. If this group of women fit the definition of real friends, then I don't think I want any friends.

For those of you who get Current TV, you should tune into Stephanie Miller's program.

I wonder if I told my homosexual friends I did not believe that homosexuality was moral if they would be friends with me still? Come on! I doubt it. Very difficult to maintain friendships with people who have such a different worldview from yours.

That story brings a Ben Franklin quote to mind, "Politics makes liars of us all". I think most people toe certain lines when it comes to political beliefs in the company of others. It is often a matter of tact. However it shouldn't be a matter of think and speak like me or I won't be your friend anymore. That sounds more like a group of high school gals having a fight rather than adults getting along as adults.

Get your news from the International Freedom Report!!! http://ifr.iblogger.org/

I wonder if I told my homosexual friends I did not believe that homosexuality was moral if they would be friends with me still? Come on! I doubt it. Very difficult to maintain friendships with people who have such a different worldview from yours.

Well I don't know, according to Ann Coulter she has gay friends and she says some evil shit about gay people. Guess it depends rather they would still want to be your friends or not. But to me homosexuality is a different subject altogether because if you were to say that you would be a bigot and they might not want to be friends with a bigot. Same thing if you went and told African-Americans that you wanted segregation. There's a difference between political differences and judging people on something they have no control over.

As I said before, I have friends with very different political views than me, many of whom I discuss politics with often and we manage to keep our friendships through it. So I'm speaking from experience here. It's really not that hard as long as you remember to keep things respectful.

That story brings a Ben Franklin quote to mind, "Politics makes liars of us all". I think most people toe certain lines when it comes to political beliefs in the company of others. It is often a matter of tact. However it shouldn't be a matter of think and speak like me or I won't be your friend anymore. That sounds more like a group of high school gals having a fight rather than adults getting along as adults.

Exactly

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I'll tell a quick story. I'm a senior at a public suburban high school in which I take a class aimed to expose us to all sorts of thinking. I'm also taking Government at this time. Being that it's election season, I have some great advantages on learning my political views, despite the fact I will be unable to vote. I have been taught all about politics by my Tea Party dad since the day I could pronounce "bipartisan." I am not an idiot. Just throwing that out there. Yet, when I attempt to discuss politics with adults, even those who are only 5 or so years older, they consistently verbally harass me for being too stupid to know what I'm talking about. The most hurtful thing was when a young woman I grew up with, who I consider to be my sister, told me she was GLAD I can't vote yet. Being that I'm probably more politically literate than her, it was quite offensive. Especially considering this was a group of people who still believe Obama is a Muslim from Kenya. Suffice to say, I understand how that woman felt/feels. Also, I went to private Christian schools for my first 10 years of school. At the high school I attended up until 10th grade, I was mocked for my view on gay marriage and transgender rights. The harassment was one of the reasons I left. Being persecuted for political beliefs sucks.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I'll tell a quick story. I'm a senior at a public suburban high school in which I take a class aimed to expose us to all sorts of thinking. I'm also taking Government at this time. Being that it's election season, I have some great advantages on learning my political views, despite the fact I will be unable to vote. I have been taught all about politics by my Tea Party dad since the day I could pronounce "bipartisan." I am not an idiot. Just throwing that out there. Yet, when I attempt to discuss politics with adults, even those who are only 5 or so years older, they consistently verbally harass me for being too stupid to know what I'm talking about. The most hurtful thing was when a young woman I grew up with, who I consider to be my sister, told me she was GLAD I can't vote yet. Being that I'm probably more politically literate than her, it was quite offensive. Especially considering this was a group of people who still believe Obama is a Muslim from Kenya. Suffice to say, I understand how that woman felt/feels. Also, I went to private Christian schools for my first 10 years of school. At the high school I attended up until 10th grade, I was mocked for my view on gay marriage and transgender rights. The harassment was one of the reasons I left. Being persecuted for political beliefs sucks.

Thank you for your story. For what my oppinion is worth, I could tell right off by the way you constructed this post that you are not an idiot. Had you not told me, I would have no idea if you were still in highschool. Like you, I developed an interest in politics at an earlier age. The majority of the people I went to school knew nothing about any of it other than what they may have overheard their parents say. But they simply didn't care. This never made sense to me. Not that everyone has to graduate and become political science majors, but how could someone not care at all. Or even seem proud of the fact that they didn't even know the basic differences between liberal and conservative!

That's right, I yelled at a lot of people in my highschool :lol:

So I know how it feels. When you're that young, many older adults brush you off as too young to know what you're talking about. Hell, even in your 20s a lot of older people will still brush you off. "Why should I take advice from her? I'm 60!" Well yeah you're an old man, but you still get your news from Rush Limbaugh! Haha

Also like you I was raised in a Republican home. My parents still to this day consider Reagan and George Bush to be Jesus 2 & 3. And also like you I attended a Christian school, although I got out in the 7th grade. This is suprising to many people given my current thoughts on religion. But I did what everyone should do, I studied the issues and went with my brain and heart, which caused me to become liberal instead of being conservative like my family.

I'm sorry they treated you like that, but it comes down to their ignorance. This is a good example of people that call themselves Christian but they are not Christ-like. While I may not believe in the Bible, I have read many stories from it. I really don't remember the part where Jesus picked on people for having different ideas. I do remember something about not judging people, which seems to be all they can do.

Anyway thanks for the post and I look forward to reading more from you.

That's it Rational Mind, keep trying to troll and start fights.

Even though you were warned not to post in the LO. How soon we forget.

That's it Rational Mind, keep trying to troll and start fights.

Even though you were warned not to post in the LO. How soon we forget.

I'm a Liberal. check my profile. cleary says Liberal.

I'm a Liberal. check my profile. cleary says Liberal.

If it says liberal now it's because you changed it. Before it said Libertarian, not Liberal. And you post anti-liberal stuff in the NHB. So unless you have daily changes of heart, you are not a Liberal.

And if you don't want to take my word for it, take it from the moderator who just suspended you.

Now I'm gonna go do a happy dance!

PEACE! :P

Rob, very cool thread. The message you are trying to convey was very well articulated.

The main ingredient in the complexity of the Conservative/Liberal thing is "morality". Being a redeemed soul is no excuse to be immoral. Like it or not, stoning to death a rebellious child to death is biblical. And Yahushua didn't come to do away with the law.

I use that as an example. The point being that a moral society has to draw a line somewhere. The sins of the world were nailed to a cross, and all men have been reconciled to YAH in spite of our sin. I don't like to single out sins and sinners, since sin is sin.

That said: People are right to have an aversion to certain things that they find offensive. Homosexuality, though paid for on the cross, which doesn't give us a license to sin, is PERVERSION BY DEFINITION. Perversion, adultery, evil children, publicly funded recreational abortion, and all immorality is something we should be able to seperate ourselves from.

Yahushua said "resist not evil", so obviously, I don't want to be around evil. I'd like to avoid it.

But, in the end, satans last stand has to be the "Soul" of YAH. And satan will challenge YAH to honor Holiness, which no man can achieve, and reject YAH's own sacrifice of YAH's word made flesh.

Don't forget, Yahushua never said "Be thou Holy", he said "Be perfect, even as your Heavenly Father is perfect". Only YAH is good, and only YAH is Holy. We can only be perfect by admitting mistakes, and repenting [do you know what that is?], and atoning for our mistakes. So, when the Holiness of YAH is challenged, he will choose his sacrifice over holiness, the sinner over the "saint"- those who THINK they are Holy. The "saints" are the redeemed filthy sinners of YAH, through his word made flesh, Yahushua.

THE HOLY PEOPLE ARE "NOT" THE JESUS PEOPLE, JUST BECAUSE THEY "THINK" THEY ARE HOLY, DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE.

THE JESUS PEOPLE HAVE THE WORLD DECIEVED. THEY HAVE THE WORLLD THINKING THAT THE JESUS PEOPLE ARE HOLY. THE HOLY PEOPLE ARE THE REDEEMED SINNERS. THE SATANS ARE CONSIDERED "HOLY" BY THE WORLD.

THE BATTLE WIL COME DOEN TO "THE REDEEMED SINNERS" VS. "THE HOLY PEOPLE". YAH WILL CHOOSE THE REDEEMED BECAUSE HIS SACRIFICE WAS FOR HIM TOO. YAH REPENTED FOR MAKING MAN - BECAUSE ALL THE IMAGINATIONS OF MENS HEARTS ARE WICKED. OUR WICKED NESS CAUSED YAH TO REPENT AND HIS WORD MADE FLESH TO ATONE. THAT MAKES THE REDEEMED SINNER THE SAINT IN YAH'S EYES, AND THE HOLY PEOPLE ARE LYING SATANS WHO ARE PRESENTING THEMSELVES AS ANGELS OF LIGHT AND SHEEP IN WOLF'S CLOTHES.

IN HEAVEN, THE HOLY ANGELS ARE THE ONES WHO ARE IN SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF YAH, THAT ALL FLESH WAS ATONED FOR. AND THE UNHOLY ANGELS ARE THE ONES WHO WANT THE WILL OF YAH TO BE HOLINESS, SO NO MAN CAN ENTER HEAVEN.

SO, THE ONES YOU CALL HOLY ARE YOUR ENEMY. THE TRUE HOLY ARE THE REDEEMED SINNERS. THE HOLY PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN BE GOOD ENOUGH TO ENTER HEAVEN ON THEIR OWN HOLINESS. THEY ARE DELUSIONAL.

PLEASE REMEMBER, YAHUSHUA ATONED FOR THE WORK OF YAH'S HANDS. SATAN DOESN'T LIKE THE IDEA OF YAH ATONING FOR THE WORK OF HIS HANDS. HE DOESN'T LIKE YAH REDEEMING HIMSELF OR ANYBODY ELSE. HE LIKES TO HOLD MAN AGAINST YAH.

Consider that.

Edited by toofamoustonameus

Rob, very cool thread. The message you are trying to convey was very well articulated.

The main ingredient in the complexity of the Conservative/Liberal thing is "morality". Being a redeemed soul is no excuse to be immoral. Like it or not, stoning to death a rebellious child to death is biblical. And Yahushua didn't come to do away with the law.

I use that as an example. The point being that a moral society has to draw a line somewhere. The sins of the world were nailed to a cross, and all men have been reconciled to YAH in spite of our sin. I don't like to single out sins and sinners, since sin is sin.

That said: People are right to have an aversion to certain things that they find offensive. Homosexuality, though paid for on the cross, which doesn't give us a license to sin, is PERVERSION BY DEFINITION. Perversion, adultery, evil children, publicly funded recreational abortion, and all immorality is something we should be able to seperate ourselves from.

Yahushua said "resist not evil", so obviously, I don't want to be around evil. I'd like to avoid it.

But, in the end, satans last stand has to be the "Soul" of YAH. And satan will challenge YAH to honor Holiness, which no man can achieve, and reject YAH's own sacrifice of YAH's word made flesh.

Don't forget, Yahushua never said "Be thou Holy", he said "Be perfect, even as your Heavenly Father is perfect". Only YAH is good, and only YAH is Holy. We can only be perfect by admitting mistakes, and repenting [do you know what that is?], and atoning for our mistakes. So, when the Holiness of YAH is challenged, he will choose his sacrifice over holiness, the sinner over the "saint"- those who THINK they are Holy. The "saints" are the redeemed filthy sinners of YAH, through his word made flesh, Yahushua.

THE HOY PEOPLE ARE "NOT" THE JESUS PEOPLE, JUST BECAUSE THEY "THINK" THEY ARE HOLY, DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE.

THE JESUS PEOPLE HAVE THE WORLD DECIEVED. THEY HAVE THE WORLLD THINKING THAT THE JESUS PEOPLE ARE HOLY. THE HOLY PEOPLE ARE THE REDEEMED SINNERS. THE SATANS ARE CONSIDERED "HOLY" BY THE WORLD.

THE BATTLE WIL COME DOWN TO "THE REDEEMED SINNERS" VS. "THE HOLY PEOPLE". YAH WILL CHOOSE THE REDEEMED BECAUSE HIS SACRIFICE WAS FOR HIM TOO. YAH REPENTED FOR MAKING MAN - BECAUSE ALL THE IMAGINATIONS OF MENS HEARTS ARE WICKED. OUR WICKED NESS CAUSED YAH TO REPENT AND HIS WORD MADE FLESH TO ATONE. THAT MAKES THE REDEEMED SINNER THE SAINT IN YAH'S EYES, AND THE HOLY PEOPLE ARE LYING SATANS WHO ARE PRESENTING THEMSELVES AS ANGELS OF LIGHT AND SHEEP IN WOLF'S CLOTHES.

IN HEAVEN, THE HOLY ANGELS ARE THE ONES WHO ARE IN SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF YAH, THAT ALL FLESH WAS ATONED FOR. AND THE UNHOLY ANGELS ARE THE ONES WHO WANT THE WILL OF YAH TO BE HOLINESS, SO NO MAN CAN ENTER HEAVEN.

SO, THE ONES YOU CALL HOLY ARE YOUR ENEMY. THE TRUE HOLY ARE THE REDEEMED SINNERS. THE HOLY PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN BE GOOD ENOUGH TO ENTER HEAVEN ON THEIR OWN HOLINESS. THEY ARE DELUSIONAL.

PLEASE REMEMBER, YAHUSHUA ATONED FOR THE WORK OF YAH'S HANDS. SATAN DOESN'T LIKE THE IDEA OF YAH ATONING FOR THE WORK OF HIS HANDS. HE DOESN'T LIKE YAH REDEEMING HIMSELF OR ANYBODY ELSE. HE LIKES TO HOLD MAN AGAINST YAH.

Consider that. The redeemed "perfect" vs. The "holy" blasphemers of the Holy Spirit". Perfect vs. Holy. Thats right, the holy people are the enemy or YAH and man. The true Holy are the Redeemed. Man can't be holy, only redeemed and perfect, even as YAH is perfect.

I just tried to edit that post, and it showed up framed.

Edited by toofamoustonameus

THE HOLY PEOPLE ARE "NOT" THE JESUS PEOPLE, JUST BECAUSE THEY "THINK" THEY ARE HOLY, DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE.

THE BATTLE WIL COME DOEN TO "THE REDEEMED SINNERS" VS. "THE HOLY PEOPLE". YAH WILL CHOOSE THE REDEEMED BECAUSE HIS SACRIFICE WAS FOR HIM TOO. YAH REPENTED FOR MAKING MAN - BECAUSE ALL THE IMAGINATIONS OF MENS HEARTS ARE WICKED. OUR WICKED NESS CAUSED YAH TO REPENT AND HIS WORD MADE FLESH TO ATONE. THAT MAKES THE REDEEMED SINNER THE SAINT IN YAH'S EYES, AND THE HOLY PEOPLE ARE LYING SATANS WHO ARE PRESENTING THEMSELVES AS ANGELS OF LIGHT AND SHEEP IN WOLF'S CLOTHES.

Consider that.

Thank you. And by begining with a compliment I know that you know how to argue your point very well. I can respect that.

Okay, so here's my point. I don't believe in any god, but for the sake of my argument let's say that god, or as you call it Yahushua, exists. Isn't it enough then, that they receive an eternity of punishment? Must they be outcasted by society so long as their crime isn't harmful to society? I do remember something in the Bible about not judging people. So doesn't it make sense for society to work on what's best for society and to let those who are sinful be judged by whichever god exists when their time of judgement comes?

People should just respect others for their political differences (as well as religious ones). I am a liberal (kida obvious since I am posting in this part of the forums) and I show respect for my conservative peers (although the level of respect varies on how much they respect me).

btw, I am new and this is my first post.

People should just respect others for their political differences (as well as religious ones). I am a liberal (kida obvious since I am posting in this part of the forums) and I show respect for my conservative peers (although the level of respect varies on how much they respect me).

Welcome to the board, there's always room for a logical liberal here, nice first post......

Respect is the key...

"Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them. - Michelle Obama

I've had many conservative friends, and I can't remember the last Thanksgiving that didn't have members of at least four political parties present, including both Democrats and Republicans. If someone is so far off the deep end that they cannot accept you as a friend because of differing political beliefs, then maybe it is time to ask yourself why you are 'friends' with that person. If you have to lie and pretend to continue the relationship, then it is clearly all a lie, as they don't like you for who you are, and thus don't regard you as a friend.

Thank you for your story. For what my oppinion is worth, I could tell right off by the way you constructed this post that you are not an idiot. Had you not told me, I would have no idea if you were still in highschool. Like you, I developed an interest in politics at an earlier age. The majority of the people I went to school knew nothing about any of it other than what they may have overheard their parents say. But they simply didn't care. This never made sense to me. Not that everyone has to graduate and become political science majors, but how could someone not care at all. Or even seem proud of the fact that they didn't even know the basic differences between liberal and conservative!

That's right, I yelled at a lot of people in my highschool :lol:/>

So I know how it feels. When you're that young, many older adults brush you off as too young to know what you're talking about. Hell, even in your 20s a lot of older people will still brush you off. "Why should I take advice from her? I'm 60!" Well yeah you're an old man, but you still get your news from Rush Limbaugh! Haha

Also like you I was raised in a Republican home. My parents still to this day consider Reagan and George Bush to be Jesus 2 & 3. And also like you I attended a Christian school, although I got out in the 7th grade. This is suprising to many people given my current thoughts on religion. But I did what everyone should do, I studied the issues and went with my brain and heart, which caused me to become liberal instead of being conservative like my family.

I'm sorry they treated you like that, but it comes down to their ignorance. This is a good example of people that call themselves Christian but they are not Christ-like. While I may not believe in the Bible, I have read many stories from it. I really don't remember the part where Jesus picked on people for having different ideas. I do remember something about not judging people, which seems to be all they can do.

Anyway thanks for the post and I look forward to reading more from you.

i was at a chat site called live citizen they just went offline today... they were mainly repubs... the majority of them i noticed did not seem to use common knowlege or logic.. but i think they have so much hate for obama and the demos it was like the 1950 south.. also i thought the prejudice was fairly gone but it really flared up again... even the confederates seem to be back...the ones talking about breaking away from the united states...i told them they were not patriotic and boy did that hit a nerve i was called certain names on the site and they are very disrespectful and childish..i did not know their were so many ignorant people out their,,,also parinoid ... it seemed when the demos were chating they were alot calmer and more intelligent i alsot old them if the demos and the prez were commies...everyone would be working by force and their would be no welfare for the elderly and unfortunate...so that shut them up for a little while.....my first time at this site

i was at a chat site called live citizen they just went offline today... they were mainly repubs... the majority of them i noticed did not seem to use common knowlege or logic.. but i think they have so much hate for obama and the demos it was like the 1950 south.. also i thought the prejudice was fairly gone but it really flared up again... even the confederates seem to be back...the ones talking about breaking away from the united states...i told them they were not patriotic and boy did that hit a nerve i was called certain names on the site and they are very disrespectful and childish..i did not know their were so many ignorant people out their,,,also parinoid ... it seemed when the demos were chating they were alot calmer and more intelligent i alsot old them if the demos and the prez were commies...everyone would be working by force and their would be no welfare for the elderly and unfortunate...so that shut them up for a little while.....my first time at this site

its really not much different in the NHB forums...many right wingers.

and if some site went offline I suspect some of them will gravitate to this site...we get no shortage of weirdos

the liberals only room is just that...be courteous and respectful and you will have no problem with anyone in this particular room...welcome

I think I'm allowed to post here.

Anyway, I don't let willfully stupid people get to me. There's no harm in learning both sides of the story. Stupid people don't care to do that.

First, or second, or third, or when, and then... nobody's stupid, unless, we're all in. Now now, don't be alarmed, this isn't in any way meant to be a egalitarian or altruistic or any or all of the above, since we all know we've heard or know or think we might know a construct or two, etc...

Yeah, it's the old baggage we carry, yeah, you've been there, seen it, done it. Yeah, we forget on purpose. We're bought or sold on likes and dislikes that suit us, remove us in an imaginary way from some so-called known fear. Yeah, if you just say get a job, you mean, damn you're a real Prickly pear of a son of a gun, not a racist, or any sort of dude or other who means something else. Personal responsibility and Liberty of course casually lacking from the regime, by so the so honorably unmentioned, the so honorably put aside --- oh yeah, now your talking...

One manager works the other one doesn't. One knows all the so called tricks in the books and is really smart, but somehow he or she lacks a certain something. What is that something that is not discussed in the mildew, or is it the milieu, could it be the the opposite of the intimidated mind. Animation, pizazz, collaboration, snoring, waking, alarm signals wake up, don't want to, and then you grasp for a book or a magazine or some tool, reality, ain't she grand? No, nope, you're on the wrong track again, always were you see.

Transparency, why do you tease me, what is your ulterior motive not yet expressed?

Peace!

Some people just don't understand that you don't have to have respect for a person's oppinion to still show respect to them. As an atheist I don't have much respect for religion but I still show respect for religious individuals. Or at least those who deserve it.

Welcome to the site, by the way. More liberals here = more sanity here.

If someone is so far off the deep end that they cannot accept you as a friend because of differing political beliefs, then maybe it is time to ask yourself why you are 'friends' with that person. If you have to lie and pretend to continue the relationship, then it is clearly all a lie, as they don't like you for who you are, and thus don't regard you as a friend.

Exactly.

Our President was elected for his first term and then we all applauded and sat back and forgot that Mr. Obama said he could not do it alone. That it would take all of us. But we sat on the couch and let the righties take the house. NOW President Obama has been elected for his 2nd term. We have a very good quarterback in him. Now we must get out there and work very hard to build a team around him that will be a winning team. In other words our job is not done yet . Don't just go home, set on the couch and glote.

I'm retired now. I lived in and helped build Denver for the last 50 years. It got too big and changed so fast, that on my 65th birthday, I asked my foreman at my union carpenter’s job to lay me off. I worked as a cement mason out of the Denver local for 37 years and then joined the carpenters for my last few years. I came from a small town in Illinois. 350 pop. My newly acquired wife came from a small town in Neb. We decided we wanted to retire in a small town. So we moved to a town in western Neb.140 pop. My wife told me that I was locating in one of the most right wing , nonunion, fundamentalist Christian area there is . And she said I had to become a Huskers fan. Well I did the later, but I'm still a very progressive thinking, retired, and still supporting unions. And my faith is in God but not too fundamental. I still go to the church in Denver whenever I can of my choice. I don't know if I should mention it here. I have found out that my wife and my votes don’t have much clout here but we still support the progressives as long as they are fair to labor and the middle class and reach down and help pull those up that can’t do it themselves.