I admit it, I am a fan of quotes :)

So just for the hell of it, I'm making a topic where you can posts quotes. Quotes of any kind. They can be thought-provoking, funny, serious, silly, stupid, political, non-political, from a world leader, from the hobo that lives in a cardboard box down your street. I really don't care.

Just whatever you feel is worth your time to type or copy and paste, feel free to do so. I just ask that you provide the person that said the quote, if you know that information.

Don't hesitate to participate. Participate many times if you want. And feel free to comment on the quotes given. I'll start with a couple...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

"If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But...if it's real, you'll FEEL it!" -Kid Rock

What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.

Kurt Vonnegut

I'm a quote nut as well so I just might be a bit piggish on this thread.

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield now pass the damn bottle ..

Mack Bryant town drunk.

I think I heard that one at Lucys Lounge years ago.

“The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”- Marcus Aurelius

"You wanna cry? I'll GIVE you something to cry about!"

My father.

"That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."

Aldous Huxley

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!" - George Carlin

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death." - George Carlin

Edited by The Scrutinizer

"You wanna cry? I'll GIVE you something to cry about!"

My father.

That's interesting...my father used to say the EXACT SAME THING :huh: LOL

I'm a quote nut as well so I just might be a bit piggish on this thread.

Hey, that's perfectly fine with me! Great quotes, keep em comin.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!" - George Carlin

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death." - George Carlin

Ya gotta love and miss George Carlin. One of the funniest men that will ever walk the planet.

"Why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna fuck in the first place?" -George Carlin

"Conservatives are all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own...if you're pre-born, you're fine. If you're preschool, you're fucked. Conservatives don't give a shit about you til you reach military age...Conservatives want live babies so they can raise em to be dead soldiers."

-George Carlin

"Here's a bumper sticker I'd like to see: We are the proud parents of a child whose self-esteem is so sufficient that he doesn't need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car." -George Carlin

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield now pass the damn bottle ..

Mack Bryant town drunk.

Half the things I say end with "now pass the damn bottle" Haha

What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.

Kurt Vonnegut

Love this one!

One of my favorite quotes ever:

"As I have said before, the ever more sophisticated weapons piling up in the arsenals of the wealthiest and the mightiest can kill the illiterate, the ill, the poor and the hungry, but they cannot kill ignorance, illness, poverty or hunger."

-Fidel Castro

"That's okay, son--you can run from Mama now, but sooner or later I'll catch you at the refrigerator or the toilet, and then your ass is MINE."

Me to either one of my sons growing up.

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich." - John F. Kennedy

The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.

Charles Bukowski

"For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible." .(fits the cons to a tee)

Every work of art is an uncommitted crime.

Adorno.

Free election of masters does not abolish the masters or the slaves.

Marcuse.

Edited by Aboriginal

For those about to rock we salute you.

Brian Johnson

I'M ON THE HIGHWAY TO HELL! B)

Awesome, gotta love AC/DC!

"That's okay, son--you can run from Mama now, but sooner or later I'll catch you at the refrigerator or the toilet, and then your ass is MINE."

Me to either one of my sons growing up.

Love it!

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich." - John F. Kennedy

Great quote!

Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand.

Thomas Aquinas, Italian Theologian born 1225.

I saw this on a T-Shirt recently, don't know who came up with it but it's snappy.

I support the right to arm Bears.

Haha. I could imagine that. A hunter goes out in the woods. He tracks a bear and starts to raise his gun. Suddenly the bear pulls out an AK and sticks it in the dude's face. "What now bitch?" :lol:

Hunting armed animals? Awesome reality show idea. I vote Ted Nugent goes first.

Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it.

Noam Chomsky

Perfect :)

I saw this on a T-Shirt recently, don't know who came up with it but it's snappy.

I support the right to arm Bears.

Wait, are we talking about the animals or the Chicago football team? Cause the latter might not be such a good idea...

:D

"Man must work for his bread and meat,

if he don't work, he don't eat!"

An old boss

"Hey John, ya hungry?" (John replies "starving.") "Eat shit and get back to work!"

-A friend of mine's boss. Actual quote.

PRETEND TO WORK!

They only pretend to pay us after all.

-Redd Dawg

Love it!

Edited by RobCooperX