Sign in to follow this  
anniefey

The Romney Campaign Is In Trouble

Posted by Ezra Klein on September 17, 2012

There are two sure signs a campaign is in trouble. The first is that it begins changing its strategy rapidly and erratically. The second is that it begins attacking its strategists fiercely and anonymously.

The Romney campaign is in trouble.

First came the changes in strategy. It went from doing everything possible to assure a “referendum” election to picking Paul Ryan as the vice presidential nominee and going for a choice election. It went from focusing relentlessly on the economy to cycling among welfare, Medicare and Libya. The latest ad is about manufacturing jobs in China.

Now we’re hearing the calls for a change in strategists. On Sunday night, Politico published a 2,700-word piece mostly dedicated to giving “Romney aides, advisers and friends” space to knife Stuart Stevens, Mitt Romney’s top strategist. “I always have the impression Stuart must save his best stuff for meetings I’m not important enough to attend,” one Romney campaign insider told Politico. “The campaign is filled with people who spend a lot of their time either avoiding him or resisting him.”

Ouch.

MORE: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/09/17/romney-is-behind-and-the-debates-arent-likely-to-save-him/

Romney was in trouble the minute he won the republican primaries. When Mitt Romney is considered the best choice you know you are in trouble. The man thinks that being wealthy somehow makes him qualified to be President.

My brother is going to vote for Romney. When I asked him why he said "Obama's economic policies are going to ruin me!" I stared at him in amazement. There he was, fresh off of a vacation to Disney Land, in his brand new two story house, surrounded by high end electronics of all descriptions, two cars in the driveway, three Gibson guitars ( one of them is a collectors item ) and all of the equipment to go with them, and his two daughters walking around texting on their expensive cell phones.

I asked him how exactly how Obama's policies were hurting him and he said "well, they haven't yet, but they will!"

OK.

In memorial of my brothers logic.

1959-2012

Killed by the Tea Party.

R.I.P.

Romney was in trouble the minute he won the republican primaries. When Mitt Romney is considered the best choice you know you are in trouble. The man thinks that being wealthy somehow makes him qualified to be President.

My brother is going to vote for Romney. When I asked him why he said "Obama's economic policies are going to ruin me!" I stared at him in amazement. There he was, fresh off of a vacation to Disney Land, in his brand new two story house, surrounded by high end electronics of all descriptions, two cars in the driveway, three Gibson guitars ( one of them is a collectors item ) and all of the equipment to go with them, and his two daughters walking around texting on their expensive cell phones.

I asked him how exactly how Obama's policies were hurting him and he said "well, they haven't yet, but they will!"

OK.

In memorial of my brothers logic.

1959-2012

Killed by the Tea Party.

R.I.P.

My brother is a chronic Repub but no fan of the Tea Party. He's very inclined to argue a lost cause to play devil's advocate,to firmly take an irrational stand he does not believe. He's quite aware and smart. He WILL vote Obama again. He may not admit it. He's really got no choice. Eisenhower is dead and the GOP is a scary mix of fools,tools and hypocrites without even the integrity to put their real agenda on the table or to let us see the real guy behind the facade.

For Obama to really have the positive impact we want and need...WE the PEOPLE need to not just elect him, but also toss the teabag cult out of congress.