Khepra

When Biden Debates Ryan

During the Vice-Presidential debate, Vice-President Biden needs to hammer Paul Ryan for engaging in political hypocrisy—and engaging in deliberate political partisanship for republican political gain.

Paul Ryan is engaging in this type of blatant political partisanship while falsely accusing the Obama administration of engaging in political partisanship. We now have reports from numerous sources that Paul Ryan, was one of several republicans who met before President Obama was even sworn into office, to conspire to undermine his presidency by any political means necessary— even at the expense of hurting America’s economic recovery.

Republicans before President Obama was sworn in— conspired to openly oppose any legislation championed by the president in an attempt to prohibit him from gaining any perceived political victories that would help his re-election.

Paul Ryan’s personal behind the scenes request for Federal Stimulus money, while publicly calling stimulus spending wasteful, is a prime example of this republican obstructionism, and exposes Paul Ryan as a lying, deceitful, and repugnant politician who has no business holding the office of Vice-President.

The Obama campaign, DNC, or a democratic super pack group should run attack ads about Paul Ryan and his hypocritical Federal Stimulus request.

Below is an article many have already seen written by Stephen Lacey for Think Progress:

After Documents Show Paul Ryan Secured $20 Million In Stimulus Grants, He Claims ‘I Never Asked For Stimulus’

By Stephen Lacey on Aug 16, 2012

On Tuesday, the Boston Globe and Associated Press reported on documents showing that GOP Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan had secured more than $20 million in stimulus funds for a local energy efficiency organization.

According to the reports, the documents showed that Ryan also brought in $5.4 million for local bus services. His requests came at the same time he was publicly calling the stimulus a “wasteful spending spree.”

However, in an interview with a local Ohio television news station, Ryan claimed he never secured funding through the program, saying “I never asked for stimulus.

The Associated Press wrote a follow-up story to Ryan’s comments:

Ryan’s statement directly counters the evidence of four letters obtained by the AP which the congressman wrote to Energy Secretary Steven Chu, praising energy programs supported by the stimulus and requesting funds for initiatives in his district.

Ryan’s private praise for Department of Energy programs and his written requests for stimulus funds contradict not only his public criticism of the 2009 stimulus bill, but also many of the budget priorities he has laid out, including cuts to investments in green technologies

Raising further questions about the vice presidential candidate’s claim today that he never sought stimulus money, Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck referred AP to previous explanations by the congressman’s office that by requesting funds Ryan was simply “providing a legitimate constituent service.”

Read the four letters cited in Stephen Lacey’s excellent article at “Think Progress.org” The letters addressed to the U.S. Department of Energy are written in support of, and in obvious concert with constituents. The letters all end in “Thank you for your considering my request”—signed by Paul Ryan.

Vice-President Biden who was in charge of the stimulus spending, should bring the letters to the debate and hold them up for America to see

During the Vice-Presidential debate, Vice-President Biden needs to hammer Paul Ryan for engaging in political hypocrisy—and engaging in deliberate political partisanship for republican political gain.

Paul Ryan is engaging in this type of blatant political partisanship while falsely accusing the Obama administration of engaging in political partisanship. We now have reports from numerous sources that Paul Ryan, was one of several republicans who met before President Obama was even sworn into office, to conspire to undermine his presidency by any political means necessary— even at the expense of hurting America’s economic recovery.

Republicans before President Obama was sworn in— conspired to openly oppose any legislation championed by the president in an attempt to prohibit him from gaining any perceived political victories that would help his re-election.

Paul Ryan’s personal behind the scenes request for Federal Stimulus money, while publicly calling stimulus spending wasteful, is a prime example of this republican obstructionism, and exposes Paul Ryan as a lying, deceitful, and repugnant politician who has no business holding the office of Vice-President.

The Obama campaign, DNC, or a democratic super pack group should run attack ads about Paul Ryan and his hypocritical Federal Stimulus request.

Below is an article many have already seen written by Stephen Lacey for Think Progress:

After Documents Show Paul Ryan Secured $20 Million In Stimulus Grants, He Claims ‘I Never Asked For Stimulus’

By Stephen Lacey on Aug 16, 2012

On Tuesday, the Boston Globe and Associated Press reported on documents showing that GOP Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan had secured more than $20 million in stimulus funds for a local energy efficiency organization.

According to the reports, the documents showed that Ryan also brought in $5.4 million for local bus services. His requests came at the same time he was publicly calling the stimulus a “wasteful spending spree.”

However, in an interview with a local Ohio television news station, Ryan claimed he never secured funding through the program, saying “I never asked for stimulus.

The Associated Press wrote a follow-up story to Ryan’s comments:

Ryan’s statement directly counters the evidence of four letters obtained by the AP which the congressman wrote to Energy Secretary Steven Chu, praising energy programs supported by the stimulus and requesting funds for initiatives in his district.

Ryan’s private praise for Department of Energy programs and his written requests for stimulus funds contradict not only his public criticism of the 2009 stimulus bill, but also many of the budget priorities he has laid out, including cuts to investments in green technologies

Raising further questions about the vice presidential candidate’s claim today that he never sought stimulus money, Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck referred AP to previous explanations by the congressman’s office that by requesting funds Ryan was simply “providing a legitimate constituent service.”

Read the four letters cited in Stephen Lacey’s excellent article at “Think Progress.org” The letters addressed to the U.S. Department of Energy are written in support of, and in obvious concert with constituents. The letters all end in “Thank you for your considering my request”—signed by Paul Ryan.

Vice-President Biden who was in charge of the stimulus spending, should bring the letters to the debate and hold them up for America to see

You make a wonderful point, many actually. Ryan, the wisdom of his understanding of spending is supposed to be legend almost, but, and this is important, thankfully nothing he's done has actually gone into law thus far.

So Obama puts this bipartisan commission together, and Ryan is on it, and he's clearly against the commissions recommendation, so it never becomes something the Congress has agreed to debate. Then, he callously, and clearly wrongly right afterwords decries that Obama fails to act. The commission was supposed to be bipartisan and as non-political as can be, but he (Ryan) clearly uses it as a political wedge.

Then later on, in a crazy debacle regarding raising the debt ceiling, during I might add, a financial meltdown the likes of which have never been realized since the Great Depression, incredible congressional uncertainty causes our credit rating to be downgraded.

It was a wide eyed spectacle of dizzying stupidity, a real time when policy makers should come together to work through a critical issue, and Ryan led the way to yet more uncertainty, like a bunch of bozo's were indeed running the show.

Did you see the T Party Slogans at the Republican Convention? Clint Eastwood, what the hell man, why couldn't you have talked to the empty chair when Bush W sat at the helm, look around Clint, or maybe, you didn't see the big bunch of bull right in front of you when you spoke? Your speech old Clint was ten years too late dude!

Peace!

biden will likely lose the debate...

the guy cannot help jamming his foot in his mouth consistently.

biden nor ryan are not going to be president, so I dont really care.

You make a wonderful point, many actually. Ryan, the wisdom of his understanding of spending is supposed to be legend almost, but, and this is important, thankfully nothing he's done has actually gone into law thus far.

So Obama puts this bipartisan commission together, and Ryan is on it, and he's clearly against the commissions recommendation, so it never becomes something the Congress has agreed to debate. Then, he callously, and clearly wrongly right afterwords decries that Obama fails to act. The commission was supposed to be bipartisan and as non-political as can be, but he (Ryan) clearly uses it as a political wedge.

Then later on, in a crazy debacle regarding raising the debt ceiling, during I might add, a financial meltdown the likes of which have never been realized since the Great Depression, incredible congressional uncertainty causes our credit rating to be downgraded.

It was a wide eyed spectacle of dizzying stupidity, a real time when policy makers should come together to work through a critical issue, and Ryan led the way to yet more uncertainty, like a bunch of bozo's were indeed running the show.

Did you see the T Party Slogans at the Republican Convention? Clint Eastwood, what the hell man, why couldn't you have talked to the empty chair when Bush W sat at the helm, look around Clint, or maybe, you didn't see the big bunch of bull right in front of you when you spoke? Your speech old Clint was ten years too late dude!

Peace!

Could not agree with you more--Clint Eastwood unfortunatley, as we all will, has aged.--Tea baggers are nuts. Peace

People underestimate Biden--Biden is extremely smart, he is a grass roots guy--he comes from the streets--he has street smarts, and he relates to working class people with his rhetorical delivery. Biden is no Sarah Palin--his gaffes are not from ignorance, they come from speaking from the heart--working class people relate to that--Biden is not afraid to tell it like it is. Paul Ryan is a empty wagon who is a flat out liar, he is not as smart as people think he is. Biden was in charge of the stimulus money, and had to know and approve of the millions that went to Ryans district--money that Ryan requested--and Biden knows he requested it. Don't underestimate Biden. He does not jam his foot into his mouth consistently--people in the media try and create that impression--Biden has been an excellent Vice-President, and his rhetorical delivery and street smarts are the perfect compliment to President Obama.

People underestimate Biden--Biden is extremely smart, he is a grass roots guy--he comes from the streets--he has street smarts, and he relates to working class people with his rhetorical delivery. Biden is no Sarah Palin--his gaffes are not from ignorance, they come from speaking from the heart--working class people relate to that--Biden is not afraid to tell it like it is. Paul Ryan is a empty wagon who is a flat out liar, he is not as smart as people think he is. Biden was in charge of the stimulus money, and had to know and approve of the millions that went to Ryans district--money that Ryan requested--and Biden knows he requested it. Don't underestimate Biden. He does not jam his foot into his mouth consistently--people in the media try and create that impression--Biden has been an excellent Vice-President, and his rhetorical delivery and street smarts are the perfect compliment to President Obama.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that defends Biden. It seems people try to make him out to be the liberal George Bush because of mistakes he has made when speaking. Not everyone can be a world-class speaker, especially if you're going off the cuff. And I even gave George some slack with some of the less stupid speech mistakes he made. The differnece between Biden and Palin is that Biden might make a mistake with a detail but he does actually know the answer. He's straight-forward, to the point and seems like a no bullshit kinda guy when it comes to the important stuff. And it was so stupid when the media was on his case when the microphone picked him up saying "This is a big fucking deal" to Obama. Remember that crap? Are we really going after this guy for talking the same way most of us do everyday? If Biden says fuck it's a national crises, but If Bush said fuck it woulda made him a Washington outsider. And c'mon, how old is the man? I'm pretty sure he is old enough to use all the naughty words he wants without having to sit in the timeout chair.

I agree that Biden is a good compliment to President Obama and after Obama finishes his next term I would like to see President Biden.

Since we're talking about Biden, I just read about an interview with MSNBC host Chris Matthews where he talked about Joe with fellow MSNBC host Chuck Todd. Here's the conversation copied from mediaite.com:

He’s good,” said Matthews of his documentary in which he interviewed Biden.

“It’s the most elusive interview now to get,” said Todd. “Are they keeping him too bottled up?”

“I think so,” said Matthews. “They seem to want him to stay on topic. They seem to not want him to stray at all into his the best of Joe.” Matthews said that Biden’s rhetorical skills always come “with a little bit of trouble.”

“He’s so honest, he’s so unscripted. But, you know, you get a real person there,” said Matthews. “What’s the problem with [Mitt] Romney? You wonder if there’s a man behind the curtain.”

“Romney and I would say, to some extent, Paul Ryan don’t have a lot of personality,” said Matthews. He said that he agreed with a piece in TIME Magazine this week which claimed that Biden was a key component to the Obama team’s reelection efforts because “he’s the mensch part of it.”

“They don’t use him enough,” asked Todd.

“Remember I said about four years ago that he put the apostrophe in Obama because he made him sort of ethnic and Irish and fun,” said Matthews. He said that Bill Clinton was going to have to play much of the role that Biden could have played for Obama’s reelection effort.

I completely agree with him. Hopefully they will unleash Biden soon.

Biden is a loose cannon--sometimes, not in the good way. I do think that he's being kept on a short leash right now--the Republicans have a shot at this election, and the Democrats don't want voters to have ANY reason to not support Obama. Biden can give voters that reason if he isn't very careful.

Kinda fascinating, right?

Biden is a loose cannon--sometimes, not in the good way. I do think that he's being kept on a short leash right now--the Republicans have a shot at this election, and the Democrats don't want voters to have ANY reason to not support Obama. Biden can give voters that reason if he isn't very careful.

Kinda fascinating, right?

It is fascinating. The thing is though, I think Biden can get away with saying a lot more than President Obama can. Sure the Republicans will jump on it, but it'll be a lot worse coming from Obama. With Biden a lot of people automatically write it off as "crazy old Joe" being a wild card. This allows things to be said that will actually help the Obama campaign but that Obama can't say himself.

Personally I think Biden is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He speaks from the heart which allows room for mistakes but it makes him more personable like Bill Clinton. Don't get me wrong, Obama is a very likeable guy but Clinton had a way of going into the crowd and immediatly connecting personally with everybody he came into contact with. In my mind, Biden is the Bill Clinton of the Obama campaign.

And let's be blunt, it calms the racists down a little to remember that at least there still is one old white guy in office :lol:

Biden will mop the floor with Lyin Ryan.

Biden is a hardcore Catholic and all he has to say is that he follows the philosophy of Jesus Christ and that they are his guiding principles and then point to Lyin Ryan the Ayn Rand disciple. Ryan loses the Catholic vote in one fell swoop.

Biden will goad Lyin Ryan into losing his temper. If Joe play his cards right it will be a blood bath.

Biden is a hardcore Catholic and all he has to say is that he follows the philosophy of Jesus Christ and that they are his guiding principles and then point to Lyin Ryan the Ayn Rand disciple. Ryan loses the Catholic vote in one fell swoop.

Biden will goad Lyin Ryan into losing his temper. If Joe play his cards right it will be a blood bath.

Biden should mention his undying faith in God every second he can. I may not believe in God, but it would be hillarious to see the look on Republican faces. That's usually their BS game, they wouldn't know what hit em!

I agree, Biden should do whatever he can to push Ryan's buttons. Biden can make Romney & Ryan angry and crazy then Obama can swoop in like the Messiah with all the answers!

Yea Biden gave a good speech yesterday, he really appeals to the average joe, (well maybe not joe wilson or joe the plumber, but those are way below average joe's)I think people instinctively like him, there is no pretense in him, and many people like myself can appreciate that

Biden will eat Ryan for dinner. let face it...had Ryan ran the Kamikaze, they would of missed the boat 100 times out of 100.

a moron can't "hammer" a genius. this whole election will resemble Reagan v. carter. Romney and Ryan are superior in every way. Plus, they are both white which will add some fun post election. Oh, if you feel that is racist then tell the dems to stop pushing the buttoms that say "once you black you never go back". Romney/Ryan the Great White Hope to save America.

you need a doctor badly. please do tell us what the Republican economic policy so I can have a good laugh at it once more.

I think you are underestimating VP Biden. The man has made a career out of people underestimating him. The thing about a national debate is that Ryan will be exposing his crackpot ideas to a national audience . . . not just the republican faithfull. This time he will have to sell his wacked out policy theories to rational people, not the Rush Limbaugh led zombies of the republican party.

What will be Ryan's game plan? Will he start out by telling the nation how he intends to destroy Medicare and Social Security? I doubt it. Will he tell the women of the nation that their concerns don't matter and men have the right to tell them what to do with their bodies? I doubt it. Will he tell the Latino community how he firmly believes that Jan Brewer and the republi-nazis in Arizona are right to demand that all people of Latino heritage be prepared to "show your papers" at a moments notice? I doubt it.

Ryan's whole selling point will be "We're not Obama and Biden". That's it! His whole game plan.

If he were to actually tell anyone his real plans he knows ( or at least his handlers do ) that he wouldn't stand a chance in hell of getting elected, so he will instead try to convince us that we would be better off under an administration that wants to decimate the middle class.

I think Biden might surprise you.

Joe's no Shmoe. he was some kind of atty before he went into politics, who's ever seen one of his debates and thought he was a lightweight? He'll have Lyin' Ryan, stammering and stumbling all over himself, while Joe sits there with the Cheshire grin.

Yea Biden gave a good speech yesterday, he really appeals to the average joe, (well maybe not joe wilson or joe the plumber, but those are way below average joe's)

:lol::lol::lol: True!

When Biden "messes up" it tends to be him going a bit over the top,not him flat lying, not him contradicting his "under the table" real agenda. Ryan is selling a toxic agenda with a candy coating....along with an avalanche of fluff and cliches and some carefully crafted "talking points" that are sort of something that on face value would not be a blatant lie,but are designed to deceive, not enlighten.

Ryan is stuck on the Mitt strategy treadmill where he's supposed to talk but say nothing. His sole bit of Resume is the " Ryan Budget" which upon closer inspection is a bit of a Con Job, it that it omits many key details,hides others in the fine print and then jumps to a conclusion based on fuzzy generalities. Biden can,probably will, get blunt,get at the Mitt/Ryan Class Warfare agenda that just got exposed. He probably will try to lay out a few SPECIFICS on various policy issues and dare Ryan to get specific on SOMETHING besides Roe V Wade. Even there.....Biden and Ryan are both Catholic. I don't subscribe to any religion but was raised Catholic. I get it. The point Biden can and probably will make is that one can be Anti-Abortion and Pro Choice, that the first amendment does not allow the USA to impose law based on the Dogma of a religion. Roe V Wade does not compel a Catholic to have an abortion or not,to use contraception or not. I also take the position that as a male...it's none of my damn business. I have no right to insist a woman on the other side of town must be pregnant against her will. I like babies. My niece had one last week, great little guy. His parents want to be parents and will be good parents. There's an excess of parents who never were willing and able,are not responsible,are not sensible. As Mitt noted...he does not want his aristocrat and tycoon pals to be taxed to fund a lot of little bastards who once born...depreciate rapidly in value in his eyes.

Foreign Policy will probably pop up. Biden has a pretty nice resume. Obama has a solid track record,and Hillary is on the team too...and has been very good. Mitt has no on the job experience. In business...his resume would not indicate he's qualified at anything but getting his hands on money. Ryan's Koch bro./Ayn Rand thing...reflects no light on dealing with realities here or elsewhere. Ryan is a narrow,tunnel vision guy,and that's no perspective when it comes to foreign affairs. Obama/Biden...on foreign affairs gets to say...been there,done that. Romney/Ryan have yet to show they even can keep up with the current headline stuff.

I think you are underestimating VP Biden. The man has made a career out of people underestimating him. The thing about a national debate is that Ryan will be exposing his crackpot ideas to a national audience . . . not just the republican faithfull. This time he will have to sell his wacked out policy theories to rational people, not the Rush Limbaugh led zombies of the republican party.

What will be Ryan's game plan? Will he start out by telling the nation how he intends to destroy Medicare and Social Security? I doubt it. Will he tell the women of the nation that their concerns don't matter and men have the right to tell them what to do with their bodies? I doubt it. Will he tell the Latino community how he firmly believes that Jan Brewer and the republi-nazis in Arizona are right to demand that all people of Latino heritage be prepared to "show your papers" at a moments notice? I doubt it.

Ryan's whole selling point will be "We're not Obama and Biden". That's it! His whole game plan.

If he were to actually tell anyone his real plans he knows ( or at least his handlers do ) that he wouldn't stand a chance in hell of getting elected, so he will instead try to convince us that we would be better off under an administration that wants to decimate the middle class.

I think Biden might surprise you.

Biden is the old pro vs the rookie. If you took a guy a bit smarter than average and put him in a roomful of drunken,drooling baboons, he looks pretty sharp....relatively. However...put that same guy among a bunch of wise,experienced experts...and he's a fish on dry land...trying to ride a bicycle. Ryan ,typical of the wave of Tea guys...looks good on camera. Unlike Mitt, he can LOOK concerned,thoughtful. Mitt....tends to look automated, a bit of a cartoon generated by a computer,going through the rituals...but awkwardly. Ryan is,meanwhile, so off on the far right fringe,that he will face a real challenge of whether to stick to who he is or try to pose as someone else. That's a dilemna Mitt's had big problems with. Mitt is all about the Hostile takeover,the big bait and switch and may have dozed off during High School Civics.