colfax

Planned Parenthood Nips Back At Romney

As a MSNBC watcher, it seems the Left's major argument against the abortion ban is the abortion ban exception of rape, incests, & the female's health. By default, that makes it appears that the Left is not arguing against the abortion ban for all other reasons. Of course,it is hard to take the pragmatic view of choosing abortion, instead the moral high road involving the high ideals of religion, spirit, & the beginning of life. But this leaves all the arguments for choosing abortion for pragmatic reasons on the pregnant female's shoulders. Let us not forget that it takes a male and a female to start a pregnancy. I would think that the Left should involve the male half of the population, and to start them thinking about the consequences of an abortion ban. Why should the male population think that the female should bear all the consequences of a ban on abortion. Should the male causing the pregnancy be responsible for 1/2 or more of the hospiltal cost of the pregnancy. The pregnant female may not be able to work during a most of the time of the pregnancy. Should it come out of his health insurance. And if he doesn't have health insurance, another argument for universal health care. And after the birth of the child, should the responsible male be responsible for cost for the child up till he/she is 18 years old. Probably back when abortion was first legalized, the male causing the birth could argue that he was not the father. But with the progress of science and DNA testing, that is not a good arguement. But it appears the male population is still of the mindset that a ban on abortion will only cause hardship for the female. If the male population becomes aware of the consequences of a ban on abortion on the male, there may start a significaant shift by the male population against the abortion ban. Even faithfully married men should worried about their sons as their son get to the age of dating. If their sons gets a girl pregnant during a moment of passion or teenage hormones this may destroy their hope for completing their education and getting a good job. This will be a large financial burden placed on their son because of the pregnancy. But there will also be a emotional burden. Will the son ever get happily married to someone he loves, because of this pregnancy due to passion or lust. So this burden as a consequence a ban on abortion will affect the male causing the pregnancy, and all the males related to him, such as the father, brother, friends, coworkers, etc.

(As an aside, the insurance company may have to raise the rates for males to equal to what they would like to apply to females, if the male will be responsible for the cost of an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy. If there is a ban on abortion, the insurance company can't argue that since the women has a choice of whether she can continue the pregnancy or not, she is responsible for the cost of the pregnancy. This may start shifting the health insurance companies toward the side for abortion choice.)

The Right's argument for a ban on abortion involve the high ideals of religion, spirit, & the beginning of life. The Left's counterargument should be "put your money where your mouth is". The Right say that they are saving the life of the unborn. The old Chinese proverb is that if you save a life, you are responsible for the life. If the pregnant female does not want the pregnancy, but a government mandate forces her to complete the pregnancy, does this make the government responsible for the baby. Is the Right only concerned about human life while it is within the female body? Does this concern stops after it exits the female body? Could the female who did not want the pregnancy, give the baby to the government after she is forced to complete the pregnancy. If the Right is going to take the high road of the high ideals of religion & spirit, & the beginning of life, how will they answer this question while remaining on the high road.

As a MSNBC watcher, it seems the Left's major argument against the abortion ban is the abortion ban exception of rape, incests, & the female's health. By default, that makes it appears that the Left is not arguing against the abortion ban for all other reasons. Of course,it is hard to take the pragmatic view of choosing abortion, instead the moral high road involving the high ideals of religion, spirit, & the beginning of life. But this leaves all the arguments for choosing abortion for pragmatic reasons on the pregnant female's shoulders. Let us not forget that it takes a male and a female to start a pregnancy. I would think that the Left should involve the male half of the population, and to start them thinking about the consequences of an abortion ban. Why should the male population think that the female should bear all the consequences of a ban on abortion. Should the male causing the pregnancy be responsible for 1/2 or more of the hospiltal cost of the pregnancy. The pregnant female may not be able to work during a most of the time of the pregnancy. Should it come out of his health insurance. And if he doesn't have health insurance, another argument for universal health care. And after the birth of the child, should the responsible male be responsible for cost for the child up till he/she is 18 years old. Probably back when abortion was first legalized, the male causing the birth could argue that he was not the father. But with the progress of science and DNA testing, that is not a good arguement. But it appears the male population is still of the mindset that a ban on abortion will only cause hardship for the female. If the male population becomes aware of the consequences of a ban on abortion on the male, there may start a significaant shift by the male population against the abortion ban. Even faithfully married men should worried about their sons as their son get to the age of dating. If their sons gets a girl pregnant during a moment of passion or teenage hormones this may destroy their hope for completing their education and getting a good job. This will be a large financial burden placed on their son because of the pregnancy. But there will also be a emotional burden. Will the son ever get happily married to someone he loves, because of this pregnancy due to passion or lust. So this burden as a consequence a ban on abortion will affect the male causing the pregnancy, and all the males related to him, such as the father, brother, friends, coworkers, etc.

(As an aside, the insurance company may have to raise the rates for males to equal to what they would like to apply to females, if the male will be responsible for the cost of an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy. If there is a ban on abortion, the insurance company can't argue that since the women has a choice of whether she can continue the pregnancy or not, she is responsible for the cost of the pregnancy. This may start shifting the health insurance companies toward the side for abortion choice.)

The Right's argument for a ban on abortion involve the high ideals of religion, spirit, & the beginning of life. The Left's counterargument should be "put your money where your mouth is". The Right say that they are saving the life of the unborn. The old Chinese proverb is that if you save a life, you are responsible for the life. If the pregnant female does not want the pregnancy, but a government mandate forces her to complete the pregnancy, does this make the government responsible for the baby. Is the Right only concerned about human life while it is within the female body? Does this concern stops after it exits the female body? Could the female who did not want the pregnancy, give the baby to the government after she is forced to complete the pregnancy. If the Right is going to take the high road of the high ideals of religion & spirit, & the beginning of life, how will they answer this question while remaining on the high road.

First, I agree with you Sky Hawk 7A. And second, MSNBC, for what it's worth, isn't even liberal in my view of thinking, it's way too politically bent. Where Liberalism is about discussion, Greek perhaps in its origin considering Socrates and Plato or all, sic. Liberalism is in no way a political party or partisan, nor for that matter is conservatism some type of a thought. You can't compare the two like apples to apples, they are indeed both part of the same, one is fabric of discovery, and the latter is pragmatic thought regarding a specific thing. The terms Liberal and Conservative aren't intended to be juxtapose/ that is/ such as, the Liberal might think its important to be conservative on the use of fossil fuel means, don't waste it.

The fact is, we are all Liberal to some varying degree, no one, or no group is "conservative". You could be very much lugubrious in your liberal political nonsense, surely you could. That means you should be a bit more conservative in what you pragmatically propose.

I don't think there's really such a thing as a conservative mind in the sense that it dominates any Liberal mind. I think that is all made up by partisans who like very much to build agendas for one thing or another --- which is not on its face a bad thing at all.

Cable news of course is lazy partisanship even if I might agree more with MSNBC easily over what Roger Ales developed, you know the Republican Channel, aka FOX NEWS.

What I mean to say is sometimes the digest on the liberal side can be almost as bad. As for PP, I support them, and I'm a male not happy with abortion only being discussed as a female decision. Yes, I agree, the male counter part is at least fifty percent to blame --- most times even more so, to a much higher degree. Abortion needs to stop being a political wedge every four years.

Peace!