Sign in to follow this  
L&J

Businessmen And Liberals

Hello everyone. I am new here and recently I started reading about liberal ideas.

I have a question about the relation between businessmen and liberalism.

Is it possible for business people who own/work for corporations to support liberal and anticroyism ideas?

I am asking this because companies continuously try to use government for their benefit in expense of their competitors and consumers, which is definitely cronyism and anti-liberal. In other words, are there any "good" corporations and businessmen or the current good ones are the next corrupted?

Thank you in advance.

Bill Gates is considered a Liberal.

Bill Gates is a opportunist. Just take a look at the history of Microsoft's campaign contributions. A study in how to keep both sides greased.

Bill Gates is a opportunist. Just take a look at the history of Microsoft's campaign contributions. A study in how to keep both sides greased.

That can't be disputed.

I firmly believe that one can make an honest dollar without exploiting others. Not everyone does.

Hello everyone. I am new here and recently I started reading about liberal ideas.

I have a question about the relation between businessmen and liberalism.

Is it possible for business people who own/work for corporations to support liberal and anticroyism ideas?

I am asking this because companies continuously try to use government for their benefit in expense of their competitors and consumers, which is definitely cronyism and anti-liberal. In other words, are there any "good" corporations and businessmen or the current good ones are the next corrupted?

Thank you in advance.

The answer in short is a definite yes. Liberalism and private business growth ideally are on the same side. Today we live in a politicized propaganda world, the idea that business folk aren't liberal is nonsense. In a word, there are a lot of business people who disagree, and they disagree because of nonsensical political foolishness.

Equality allows for all business to not just become but to also thrive. Look at the highway system, look at California, and all that a one time Governor Brown (Pat) once built in that State with public funds. Steve Jobs - he was liberal, and he was given much by the technology that was developed by your government. That's not to say that Government isn't corrupted, it is. Both Democrats and Republicans today rely on big money donors. Activism isn't about being anti-business. We need good government, not no government. We need thinkers and doers. You can be conservative and liberal all at the same time. To be one without the other is folly. BTW - the highway system we now enjoy was the idea of businessmen. But without government it never would have transpired. Same thing regarding the railroads before that.

Now, people propose a faster rail system for consumer travel. Today we are way behind other developed nations regarding that type of system - yet, regarding railways and transport of commerce, we are still light years ahead. In fact, to this day, our railway freight system is the envy of the world. And it was put together with Business and Government working together. So forget all the bull hockey about liberalism being anti-business, because it's a lie.

Peace!