Sign in to follow this  
DeNova

Feeding Of 5000

So how could a person that didn't even have a place to lay his head feed five thousand with just five loaves and a couple of fish? IDEAS?

So how could a person that didn't even have a place to lay his head feed five thousand with just five loaves and a couple of fish? IDEAS?

Any rational person would agree, this could not happen.

Any rational person would agree, this could not happen.

But many rational people do agree that this could happen. It is called faith.

But many rational people do agree that this could happen. It is called faith.

and faith in a lie is beneficial how exactly?

and faith in a lie is beneficial how exactly?

Do you know it is a lie? Were you there personally? You know someone who was? Of course you don't no more than I know it really did happen. There a whole of host of things we don't know about though we certainly have a lot of theories running around we like to claim is the "truth."

I think of it as wonderful parable. A giant is one individual, an idea that transcends. It's not about greed, beyond greed, there's something called the Gift we human beings are all quite capable of bestowing. Purpose transcends ideas. Always has. Truth is about opening up your mind. For you religious folk, Soren Kierkegaard, the Danish existential philosopher who was critical of the Christianity of his time said --- Truth is given only to God, given to human beings is only the pursuit of truth - not an exact quote, just the general meaning.

Wonderful parable, mythology, I think, is a condensed comedy shared and passed down in a pursuit to find truth. Religion, faith, secularism, all ideas, can fatalistically diminish the strongest of human spirit. This is the lesson one can take from the good book. This is who Jesus was in my humble fascination of his greatness.

Peace!