Sign in to follow this  
RobCooperX

"country Before Politics" Says Jon Huntsman

So according to the Salt Lake Tribune, former Presidential candidate Jon "The Other Mormon Guy" Huntsman has vowed to no longer attend any Republican Party conventions until the GOP gets its priorties straight and puts the country ahead of politics. This includeds an upcoming event in Florida to gain support for Mitt Romney.

“I will not be attending this year’s convention, nor any Republican convention in the future,” Huntsman said, “until the party focuses on a bigger, bolder, more confident future for the United States — a future based on problem solving, inclusiveness, and a willingness to address the trust deficit, which is every bit as corrosive as our fiscal and economic deficits…

“I encourage a return to the party we have been in the past,” he said, “from Lincoln right on through to Reagan, that was always willing to put our country before politics.”

So other than the tribute to Reagan (who was not a good president but they won't admit this) this is an interesting statement for him to make. Especially since he has been trying to secure a role in the possible Romney administration.

But there is a point to this. The Republicans have not exactly hidden the fact that they are willing to do anything to stop an Obama reelection. Even with the country barely surviving they will risk losing it all to win the White House. Remember the bill that was written by Republicans who later shot it down after President Obama said he agreed with it? Basically, how much of a banned word do you have to be that you would rather the United States come to an end than to be willing to compromise with the guy the American people chose to be their leader? You don't have to like him, you don't have to agree with him. That's why you are Republicans and he is a Democrat. Party affiliation states that you won't agree with him and that's probably why you got the job in that particualar area. BUT when you are so against the idea of working with the man, when he has countless times tried so hard to work with you, it shows that you care nothing about this country. And if that's not a true statement then you should all issue a very public apology to the American people. We will be waiting...

So back to Mr. Huntsman. If he really is willing to risk his own political career by standing by his alleged "country first" principles then good for him. At the risk of sounding cynical, I fear there is probably some other motivation. Don't know what that would be, but we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Also I think that when you consider that Mitt Romney won the Republican candidacy it shows a lot about the Republican party. The Mormon religion is pretty crazy even by the standards of the other religions (scientology probably wins the crazy contest though. Oh and if you're Mormon and this part offends you I...well I really don't care. If God does exist I'm pretty sure he is cool with coffee and normal underwear) (FYI: Mormons are religiously against consuming coffee and wear "magical underwear". Yeah, crazy. I know...) Anyway as nutty as the Mormons are, the Republicans had two of them in the 8 or 9 possablities to choose from. And THEY PICKED THE WRONG ONE! THEY PICKED THE WRONG ONE!

Any thoughts?...

Who?

LOL. Just kiddin'. I don't think the GOP is going to miss Huntsman.

Who?

LOL. Just kiddin'. I don't think the GOP is going to miss Huntsman.

Haha Probably not. But it's still nice to hear someone doing this. Not saying I like the guy cause I don't, but he was better than Romney or Rick Santorum. I swear everytime I heard Santorum talk I just wanted to punch him in the face. The only reason I'm not like that with Romney is that everytime I hear him I immediatly fall asleep :lol: