colfax

Obama Booed At Boston Fundraiser

I cannot think of anything less serious than this

http://www.theblaze....and-my-mistake/

And why would a President give a speech in Boston and INSULT THE RED SOX

STUPID

Also Boston Fans are some of the MOST DIE HARD FANS IN ALL OF BASEBALL

Hopefully some Red Sox Fans Will Remember This In November

It's a joke. Duh. True sports fans respect another true fan, even of a rival team, more than a phony giving some lame prepared remarks about the local team... or local trees for that matter.

Remember this in November? LOL! What? "He made fun of a baseball team so he ain't getting my vote"

LOL! Sorry, I can't stop laughing. Although, it's really more pathetic than funny.

Just one more reason why we're in such deep doo-doo here in the USA. LOL.

Who cares about Chrysler being on top again, or bin Laden taken out, or Don't ask don't tell a thing of the past, and all the other good things this president has done?

What matters to 'real red blooded Americans' is what kind of comment POTUS said about a baseball team.

@@

Remember this in November? LOL! What? "He made fun of a baseball team so he ain't getting my vote"

LOL! Sorry, I can't stop laughing. Although, it's really more pathetic than funny.

Just one more reason why we're in such deep doo-doo here in the USA. LOL.

Who cares about Chrysler being on top again, or bin Laden taken out, or Don't ask don't tell a thing of the past, and all the other good things this president has done?

What matters to 'real red blooded Americans' is what kind of comment POTUS said about a baseball team.

@@

Yea I used to play wc3 with a alleycat who was a supporter of Obama. What's the odds this is the same person?

I am a Philadelphia Eagles fan. As anybody who knows anything about football will tell you, we are some of the most rabid fans in the NFL. People who wear opposing team colors to a home field Eagles game have been known to come away with serious injuries. We even have a jail complete with a judge at the Link to deal with Eagle fans who get out of control. Speaking as someone who will compare my fan loyalty to ANY Red Socks fan, if Obama made a joke regarding an Eagles trade to the Bears, I would boo him. But that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for a skidmark like Romney.

It was a joke! I'm sure any Red Socks fans that were going to vote for Obama didn't get their minds changed by this. After all, it's just baseball.

I am a Philadelphia Eagles fan. As anybody who knows anything about football will tell you, we are some of the most rabid fans in the NFL. People who wear opposing team colors to a home field Eagles game have been known to come away with serious injuries. We even have a jail complete with a judge at the Link to deal with Eagle fans who get out of control. Speaking as someone who will compare my fan loyalty to ANY Red Socks fan, if Obama made a joke regarding an Eagles trade to the Bears, I would boo him. But that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for a skidmark like Romney.

It was a joke! I'm sure any Red Socks fans that were going to vote for Obama didn't get their minds changed by this. After all, it's just baseball.

People have made voting decisions based on issues even dumber that

Think about it pal

...that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for a skidmark like Romney.

That about covers itlaugh.gif

And why would a President give a speech in Boston and INSULT THE RED SOX

STUPID

Also Boston Fans are some of the MOST DIE HARD FANS IN ALL OF BASEBALL

Hopefully some Red Sox Fans Will Remember This In November

making a mistake is not stupid, but to continue to sit in it is. What is YOUR excuse?

making a mistake is not stupid, but to continue to sit in it is. What is YOUR excuse?

When is Barrack Obama going to stop continuing to SIT IN his predecessors mistakes and admit his policies have failed instead of blaming Bush nearly 4 years later

WHAT'S BARRACKS EXCUSE

What is your excuse for not knowing how to spell the President's name correctly?

What is your excuse for not knowing how to spell the President's name correctly?

Excellent "gotcha" for this GOPper.

When you have no valid argument to make fun of spelling mistakes

That'll really show em

That'll really show em

You're posting in a Liberals only room. Shows how little respect you have for others property.

That'll really show em

Who's arguing? I asked a valid question.

Please remember those on the Far Right don't care about education. Remember, they believe learning is for snobs.

Please remember those on the Far Right don't care about education. Remember, they believe learning is for snobs.

It seems like that, sometimes...

What the right doesn't care about is throwing bad money after good in Education. We spend more per child and have less results than anyone else in the 1st world beside Switzerland (http://mercatus.org/publication/k-12-spending-student-oecd). Why is that? I'm not a educational expert, but it seems money isn't the problem. Maybe it the family, maybe it the teachers, maybe it tests, maybe it the students. Maybe it is all the above. The one thing it isn't about is money.

What the right doesn't care about is throwing bad money after good in Education. We spend more per child and have less results than anyone else in the 1st world beside Switzerland (http://mercatus.org/publication/k-12-spending-student-oecd). Why is that? I'm not a educational expert, but it seems money isn't the problem. Maybe it the family, maybe it the teachers, maybe it tests, maybe it the students. Maybe it is all the above. The one thing it isn't about is money.

One thing is we need to dismantle the Department Of Education and put schools back into State and Local control where needs can be addressed at the local level

What works in Kansas doesn't necessarily work in New Jersey or what works in Ohio doesn't necessarily work in Arizona and so forth the DC Beltway ONE SIZE FITS ALL approach has been disastrous to our Public Education System

Also most of the money is foolishly pissed away

In my area they CONSTANTLY BUILD NEW SCHOOL BUILDINGS

But the buildings they replace are often perfectly adequate

Take the High School millions of dollars for a fancy new building and not just the basics but fancy architecture and landscaping

The old high school opened in 1974 not necessarily out of date or falling apart

The district has grown since 74 so they needed more room

Why Not Add An ADDITION TO THE 1974 BUILDING to accommodate the growth

WAS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO BUILD BRAND NEW EVERYTHING EVEN THE FOOTBALL FIELD

BUT every time there's a referendum the fools vote to spend and raise taxes

I also forgot to mention that part of the problem is POOR PLANNING AND POLICY CHOICES in reclassified grade assignment

PRIOR to 1999/2000 school year our district ran a system of K-6 elementary school 7-9 Jr High School and 10-12 High School

Now it's K-5 elementary 6-8 middle school and 9-12 high school

Half of the PROBLEM is these RETARDS added an Entire Grade to a building designed to accommodate three

Edited by KarlChilders

What the right doesn't care about is throwing bad money after good in Education. We spend more per child and have less results(can't help myself: 'fewer' results) than anyone else in the 1st world beside Switzerland (http://mercatus.org/publication/k-12-spending-student-oecd). Why is that? I'm not a educational expert, but it seems money isn't the problem. Maybe it the family, maybe it the teachers, maybe it tests, maybe it the students. Maybe it is all the above. The one thing it isn't about is money.

Go to a local high school and ask to see the graduation requirements.

Research what those classes entail.

Realize that fewer and fewer parents are able, or willing, to actually help with homework--kids should have homework every night at high school.

Now, add in the ever-increasing numbers of special-needs kids (kids on an I.E.P.) in classes--one teacher-friend this year had 13 I.E.P kids in one of her classes.

In addition, give some thought to the kids who just don't give any size shit about their education, and who, therefore, fail the standardized tests, time after time, which pulls the data information down, down, down.

And, yes, there are some teachers who should retire or be fired.

So, with what are we left?

A situation that, unless parents, teachers, and students are all on board, spirals downward into failure.

I would also suggest that people research deeper into the systems that, on paper anyway, appear to be superior to the U.S. and find out about their discipline and attendance policies.

It is simply too easy to blame 'the system' or 'the teachers' or 'the kids'. It takes all of us to make this work better.

I am SO over the 'bash American education' bullshit.

Go to a local high school and ask to see the graduation requirements.

Research what those classes entail.

Realize that fewer and fewer parents are able, or willing, to actually help with homework--kids should have homework every night at high school.

Now, add in the ever-increasing numbers of special-needs kids (kids on an I.E.P.) in classes--one teacher-friend this year had 13 I.E.P kids in one of her classes.

In addition, give some thought to the kids who just don't give any size shit about their education, and who, therefore, fail the standardized tests, time after time, which pulls the data information down, down, down.

And, yes, there are some teachers who should retire or be fired.

So, with what are we left?

A situation that, unless parents, teachers, and students are all on board, spirals downward into failure.

I would also suggest that people research deeper into the systems that, on paper anyway, appear to be superior to the U.S. and find out about their discipline and attendance policies.

It is simply too easy to blame 'the system' or 'the teachers' or 'the kids'. It takes all of us to make this work better.

I am SO over the 'bash American education' bullshit.

Raising property taxes year after year and more SPENDING HAS NOT IMPROVED EDUCATION infant it's DECLINED despite record spending

More money doesn't make better students or parents

Infact much of it never reaches the classroom instead it's WASTED ADMINISTRATIVELY my previous post is a prime example of excessive waste

We are spending more than enough money on schools

RATHER our elected and appointed schools officials are POOR STEWARDS of the taxpayers generous contribution

Lets put everything else aside for a moment. How do we get parents involved in their education? I don't know a way to get parents involved in the process again that wouldn't break a lot of people's hearts on both sides of the political spectrum.

Lets put everything else aside for a moment. How do we get parents involved in their education? I don't know a way to get parents involved in the process again that wouldn't break a lot of people's hearts on both sides of the political spectrum.

It is a big issue, in my opinion. Parents don't have the time to come to school, or they feel intimidated about showing up. They simply take their child's word that they 'don't have any homework', or they are truly unable to help with homework when the kids bring it out.

At our high school, we have 'Parent Access'. Parents can log on and view homework assignments, read a class syllabus, see their child's grades and what work is missing/late.

I don't know how much more a school can do.

It is a big issue, in my opinion. Parents don't have the time to come to school, or they feel intimidated about showing up. They simply take their child's word that they 'don't have any homework', or they are truly unable to help with homework when the kids bring it out.

At our high school, we have 'Parent Access'. Parents can log on and view homework assignments, read a class syllabus, see their child's grades and what work is missing/late.

I don't know how much more a school can do.

Making assignments more accessable is a step in the right direction. I guess we need to find a carrot and a stick. Obviously their children failing at school and then life isn't too big of a concern for those that don't care.