colfax

Lonely Texas Liberal

I am a lonely liberal who lives in rural East Texas in the Piney Woods. It’s a beautiful, relaxing life compared with the metropolitan

area I fled once I retired, but I think I am the only liberal within 100 miles of here. My neighbors are very suspicious of me since I

support Obama and, even worse, I am not Christian.

East Texas is like the “Old South”. To the south, about 250 miles, is Houston, and there must some be liberals there too. I have also

heard there are a few in Dallas, 100 miles east of here, but none other. Texas is a very “red” state. Our Governor, Rick Perry, is

slightly right of Genghis Khan.

In the Republican Primary Elections here, the candidates try to make a candidate undesirable

by penning the label, “moderate” on him.

It’s good to have a place on the net that I feel comfortable and am not attacked for every opinion I express.

Is anyone else here in East Texas?

Posted · Hidden by Chuck!, June 14, 2012 - non-Lib posting in the LO
Hidden by Chuck!, June 14, 2012 - non-Lib posting in the LO

I am a lonely liberal who lives in rural East Texas in the Piney Woods. It’s a beautiful, relaxing life compared with the metropolitan

area I fled once I retired, but I think I am the only liberal within 100 miles of here. My neighbors are very suspicious of me since I

East Texas is like the “Old South”. To the south, about 250 miles, is Houston, and there must some be liberals there too. I have also

heard there are a few in Dallas, 100 miles east of here, but none other. Texas is a very “red” state. Our Governor, Rick Perry, is

In the Republican Primary Elections here, the candidates try to make a candidate undesirable

It’s good to have a place on the net that I feel comfortable and am not attacked for every opinion I express.

When you say there must be some liberals in Houston, well of course there are. It's called the Fifth Ward and it's wall-to-wall n!ggas. They aren't exactly liberals... in fact they would relieve you of your car at gunpoint if they get the chance but they will vote with you and your ilk.

And your assumption that there are liberals in Dallas. Of course! They're called F-A-G-G-O-T-S. Again, it may not be your cup of tea to troll truck stops looking for a gentleman to mount you but they vote exactly like you do.

You're in great company. I'm sorry to say that unless you have a proclivity for car-jacking or pole smoking, you're probably going to remain lonely in this state. The good news is that we have buses that go to California every day.

Just sayin'.

Not from Texas, but I live in lower Delaware. What a lot of people laughingly call "slower Delaware". VERY RED. I joined a local discussion group sponsored by the local newspaper and got regularly insulted by the local Tea Party wanna-be's. You know the type, right about everything because Rush Limbaugh says so. No thoughts of their own, just what Bill O'Rielly and Glen Beck force feed them. Most of them think Duh-bayuh and his storm troopers Cheney and Rumsfeld were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This is the state where the republicans actually nominated Christine "masturbation should be illegal" O'Donnell as their candidate for Governor. You remember her right? The Sarah Palin look alike?

The scary thing is, most republicans say they'll nominate her again next time.

So although I'm not from Texas,I know what you're going through colfax.

Courage!

Edited by The Scrutinizer

Well, I think Austin is the only place in Texas that actually lives in this centuary, Sometimes I wish they would secede. Let's see if they can make it withough taking more in government money than they pay in.

Would you say that much of the problem is centered on lack of education, or propaganda, or both? I have always felt that religion or the right to practice it is not the same thing as democracy. If your religion teaches you how to practice morality and tolerance for other ideas, then that's a great thing, but religion itself has no right in our democracy --- whether or not there is one or ever truly was.

You could say by head count the country is divided, but I don't know how true that is either. What I think, living in the large mostly blue state of California, most people are basically cynical when it comes down to their government and the way it works. I'm liberal, but I don't like over-the-top spinning when it comes down to how or government does or truly does not work so well.

I bet in a small town you have to let things slide quite a lot. Since you are retired, I'm sure you remember more moderate Republicans.

Look at the recently retired justice Paul Stevens. I think he would agree very much with your viewpoints.

Peace!

Well, I think Austin is the only place in Texas that actually lives in this centuary, Sometimes I wish they would secede. Let's see if they can make it withough taking more in government money than they pay in.

I used to live in Austin during my conservative period and even liked it back then! I was then a young single man and found many things about a liberal city pleasing.

Central Texas here

Where in Texas are you? Anyplace you're living, you are likely a lonely liberal too

I live in East Texas between Houston and Dallas and i'm a registered Democrat.

What town do you live in?

Not from Texas, but I live in lower Delaware. What a lot of people laughingly call "slower Delaware". VERY RED. I joined a local discussion group sponsored by the local newspaper and got regularly insulted by the local Tea Party wanna-be's. You know the type, right about everything because Rush Limbaugh says so. No thoughts of their own, just what Bill O'Rielly and Glen Beck force feed them. Most of them think Duh-bayuh and his storm troopers Cheney and Rumsfeld were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This is the state where the republicans actually nominated Christine "masturbation should be illegal" O'Donnell as their candidate for Governor. You remember her right? The Sarah Palin look alike?

Courage!

Courage!

I have learned something new: Delaware has conservative areas, but I doubt they're like the toothless, torch and pitchfork bunch like around here.

I still cannot imagine they nominated O'Donnell. Her politics would go over well here, except she's a "Damn Yankee". I'll bet my conservatives are more stupid than yours! There's actually a bill in Texas Legislature, likely to pass a sure to be signed by Gov. Rick Perry that students and professors can carry concealed weapons on campus!

http://ksfa860.com/lawmakers-ready-to-legalize-concealed-guns-on-college-campuses/

Imagine a shoot-out between a professor and the angry student who got an "F" on his exam!

Where in Texas are you? Anyplace you're living, you are likely a lonely liberal too

What town do you live in?

Would rather not give an exact location.

Would you say that much of the problem is centered on lack of education, or propaganda, or both?

Peace!

I don't see that propaganda is involved. These people are quite uneducated and xenophobic too. Dark-skinned people are especially vilified by them.

Would rather not give an exact location.

I certainly understand

I don't see that propaganda is involved. These people are quite uneducated and xenophobic too. Dark-skinned people are especially vilified by them.

That's strange seeing as how the dark skinned folks were there first. It's the same here in Delaware. We've got a local indigenous people actually known as the Delaware. A native American people who were here for generations before the europeans showed up with smallpox and dysentery. But for some reason the local conservative groups look down their noses at them. One group actually re-enacts the campaign led by William Henry Harrison that almost wiped the Delaware tribe out.

Just good old fashioned fun for the whole family up here in Delaware!