Al Arafat

What's Your Thinking About Islam?

The word Islam literally translates into peace and this is what Islam is all about . And Quran burning in Afghanistan by the non believer ,what's your thinking about it? What's your thinking about Islam"]Islam[/url]?

The word Islam literally translates into peace and this is what Islam is all about . And Quran burning in Afghanistan by the non believer ,what's your thinking about it? What's your thinking about Islam"]Islam[/url]?

I think....Islam (same root as "Shalom") is a monotheistic religion, based on Judaism, that however reflects the particular culture of its founders and early adherents.

However, whatever else it is, it is not a religion of peace. How many hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, did Mohammed slaughter in his own version of the Crusades?

Not to mention Iraq, where Sunni and Shia are gaily murdering each other in the tens of thousands. Turkey, where Turkish Moslems are bombing Kurdish Moslems...and the Kurds are returning the compliment!

Nigeria, where Moslems have a habit of burning Christian churches with people still inside.

Could go on...and on...and on.

Islam is no different in peacefulness to any other religion, despite its name. No religion that I know of has been particularly peaceful, possibly apart from Buddhism which is more of a Philosophy than a religion.

Just another religion. There's some cool wisdom in the Quran, and the Five Pillars, but aside from that it's not entirely different than any other. My feeling about religions is that they they ALL need to have way more open-minded and happy people in them.

Used to spend a lot of time in Malaysia and Cairo where there are some inspiring and progressive religious people trying to better our world.

I think....Islam (same root as "Shalom") is a monotheistic religion, based on Judaism, that however reflects the particular culture of its founders and early adherents.

However, whatever else it is, it is not a religion of peace. How many hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, did Mohammed slaughter in his own version of the Crusades?

Not to mention Iraq, where Sunni and Shia are gaily murdering each other in the tens of thousands. Turkey, where Turkish Moslems are bombing Kurdish Moslems...and the Kurds are returning the compliment!

Nigeria, where Moslems have a habit of burning Christian churches with people still inside.

Islam is no different in peacefulness to any other religion, despite its name. No religion that I know of has been particularly peaceful, possibly apart from Buddhism which is more of a Philosophy than a religion.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

THIS is what I mean about having more open-minded and happy people in religion.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's like drugs, in the way that one should not overdo it.

My first thought comes from grade school where we had this soft paper back text that said Peace, and spoke about something different, other than anything so-called religious to me.

Religious text itself to me first hand isn't worth killing anyone for. But that's not to say people, any people, and from any religion don't, because they do. Jewish concepts, Muslim concepts, Christian concepts, all that evolution, without people and conscience, misunderstood, myth, lack of allowing morality, fool hearty conquest, all of that which is responsible under any false religion,

as if there is one superior to the next, makes monkeys out of all who suffer, and in every context.

I know why the word Islam was not anything that sounded even obtusely threatening once. And, no, it has nothing to do with Islam itself.

It has more to do with Governments, less to do with real people, but who sees what's going on, what is really happening when it's not happening to them or their own?

Middle East Spring isn't about American Democracy, it's about human evolution, finally, and most especially without any Super Power stepping in.

Moral compass/ Islam, that should transpire, it should be less than a threat. It should be a possibility to real peace.

Where has Egypt been all these years? Real people should only think.

Peace!

Islam is a legitimate religion that has been used by religous fanatics to further their paranoid agenda. Part of the reason this has happened is because Islam has no recognized central authority. This allows every self proclaimed Mullah out there to proclaim themselves the ultimate authority.

Unfortunately this is also why leaderships in countries like Iran can claim legitimacy with their people. Is it a coincidence that once certain Arabic nations decided to adhere to strict Sharia law rather than secular Islam that these civilizations began to stagnate? It is well known that theocracies often stagnate due to repression of creative thought and culture. The leadership decides what is or isn't worthy of their tiny little world view, and the people have no choice but to accept the official dogma.

As I said, Islam as a concept is a very vibrant and philosophical religion. It's just to bad that the more radical elements of Islamic society seem to have the upper hand right now.

I heard in a movie one time, I forget which one, that "religion is a good thing . . . . when taken in moderation."

I heard in a movie one time, I forget which one, that "religion is a good thing . . . . when taken in moderation."

Paraphrasing Buddha (uh, not the title of a film, just a way of life).

IMO Marx was wrong about religion; it's not the "Opiate of the masses." It's more like the "Methamphetamine of the masses."

I studied the religion seriously considering conversion in the 1990s. I can say with all confidence it's a horrid religion that promotes little positivity but instead stagnation and encourages cultural imperialism and mistreatment of women.

It's also patently false.

As I said, Islam as a concept is a very vibrant and philosophical religion. It's just to bad that the more radical elements of Islamic society seem to have the upper hand right now.

If that's the case, then why are countries ruled by Muslim law and/or populated by a Muslim majority so dysfunctional?

Meh... Some Muslims are good people, some are jerks. Pretty much like everyone else.

Your quote should be on a T-Shirt. I saw one unique T-Shirt quote the other day, it read --- "friends don't let friends bomb innocent people", but that should go without saying.

Peace!

Any religion can be kidnaped by those who want to use it for political purposes. Islam is neither better nor worse than religions I know.

Yes, anyone who disagrees with Islam gets blown to peaces.

Islam is the most accepting religion of the big three but, due to extremist groups like the taliban and al-quaeda (sorry if i spelled that wrong :D) they're viewed as violent. There are extremists of most groups of people like the kkk for protestants, the taliban for islamics and many others here is a link about extremists http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremist_Groups.

Any religion can be kidnaped by those who want to use it for political purposes. Islam is neither better nor worse than religions I know.

ALL religions were founded for political purposes, that is, they were the justificaion of state power, just as state power was the physical manifesting of the power of religion. The idea of a separation of Church and State is actually very new in the world, dating back only to the Declaration of Independence (which derived the sovereignity of the US from secular sources alone) and the US Constitution

Islam is neither better nor worse than most other religions in this regard, however, some of the countries where it is dominant have not caught up to this idea yet, or have tried to moderenize it, with varying degrees of success.

Islam is a barbaric - perverted cult thinly veiled as a religion. When Jews and Christians climbed from the sewer of ignorance ( all major movements have gone through dark periods in their histories ), Islam just continued ( from it's beginning to the present day ) to drag the world in. Islam operates with the same 6th century mind set it was founded on. Honor killings, suicide bombings, female genital mutilation, child brides, stonings, systematic destruction of any and every other religion, sex with children and animals; and the list of perversions and depravities goes on and on. I ask you, does this fit into the 21st century? Now remember , we are now in the 21st century; and here is a best seller, in the Muslim community, from a ( so called ) respected Islamic cleric. This alone should make the rational thinking world reel with revulsion; and this is barely the tip of the degenerate Islamic iceberg.

Ayatollah Khomeini: Sex with Children and Animals - Apostates ...safe.gif

What do I think about Islam? Not much. Not in the way you think, not much, either. I studied it a bit. I have friends that are Muslim. That's their thing. I do believe there's a bit of truth to everything too. So I will not slam another's religious beliefs. Unless they are Mormon or a Scientologist.

So what is this one? Another bash a religion thread?

What I posted concerning Islam are documented facts. Doctrines handed down from Moe the pedophile when he founded the cult. True Christians follow the teachings of Christ ( and that's a hard road ). True Muslims follow the teachings of Moe the pedophile. If you want a movement that caters to the degenerates of the world, Islam is the way to go. DOCUMENTED FACTS. Behavior that would have revolted Christ, is the foundation of Islam.

What do I think about Islam? Not much. Not in the way you think, not much, either. I studied it a bit. I have friends that are Muslim. That's their thing. I do believe there's a bit of truth to everything too. So I will not slam another's religious beliefs. Unless they are Mormon or a Scientologist.

So what is this one? Another bash a religion thread?

jimsouth:

I posted the truth. Sometimes truth is hard to digest; but regardless, it's still the "TRUTH". All that degenerate behavior is part of Islam; and has been from it's founding right up to the present day. DO SOME RESEARCH. Next thing , I'll be hearing, the only slaves in America were black. Our liberals love to skirt truth and reality.

I think Islam is just another religion. I mean, that's really all it is. Radical Islam and evangelical Christianity are also the same sotrs of practices. Radical Christians have made their mark on history as radical Islam has made its mark on history. Today, what we have going on is another case of the two radical sides fighting each other again, with both sides using patriotism and God to further their cause. The same thing happened prior to the crusades: Christianity was losing popularity and the Pope and the magnates made the decision to popularize Christianity again.

Today, it's all about furthering the radical right cause. I'm not forgetting about 911 and other such acts, however, when we condsider those things, we must take a long look into "the Troubles" of Northern Ireland as well; we see there the very same dynamic: cause and effect. The trouble teh British had was that their enemy was no longer afraid of them, and so we see the attitude of moder radical Islam. I applaud the way that presdient Obama has chosen to deal with it, and as "fire with fire" is an effective offense, we must also consider that the president's policy is extremly narrowed down to one at atime for the safety of others, and it appears to be working.

I think that it's a shame that law abiding Musims are being made to pay a ridiculous price for the sins of the brethren, and it's also a shame that we cannot control our racist out of control ethnocentric xenophobic chauvanistic radical right nay better than we have: not through censorhsip or silencing, but through a louder and more noticable truth.

I personally have no problems with people of faith, any faith. I just think the devout of all religions need to relax and not take things so seriously. The burning of a holy book, while offensive, doesn't need to be a call to arms.

I personally have no problems with people of faith, any faith. I just think the devout of all religions need to relax and not take things so seriously. The burning of a holy book, while offensive, doesn't need to be a call to arms.

I will certainly agree with that. The burning of a book, although a show of profound ignorance, is just an opinion, just like the burning of a flag is just a political opinion.

I will certainly agree with that. The burning of a book, although a show of profound ignorance, is just an opinion, just like the burning of a flag is just a political opinion.

jimsouth:

Islam - Muslims - 6th century mind set. You cannot be a devout Muslim without following the teachings of Mohammed to the letter. Jews and Christians do not thrive on ignorance ( ignorance being the very foundation of Islam ); and the pathetic few who use Christianity as the foundation for their screwball behavior are not true Christians. The law abiding - moderate ( so called moderate ) Muslim is the one who stands by and watches while the radical Muslim murders an unbeliever; but the moderate Muslim does nothing to stop the murder. To even compare off the wall evangelical Christians to Muslims is rediculous. See what happens if and when a Muslim publicly criticizes Islam. It's a flat out DEATH SENTENCE. This is the result of the Islamic mind set: Open anyone you like; and then you post the list of what you consider the behavior of radical evangelical Christians.Even the most insane phony Christians rarely resort to this barbaric behavior.

In fact, don't even pay attention to me. Take the time to check headerpic-full.jpg

Who are we?

We are a group of Muslim apostates, who have left Islam out of our own conviction when we discovered that Islam is not a religion at all. Most of us took a prolong period of time to study, evaluate, and contemplate on, this religion of our birth. Having meticulously scrutinized Islam, we concluded that it is not a religion of peace at all, as touted by smooth-talking, self-serving Muslims and their apologists from non-Muslim from backgrounds. The core of Islamthat is, the Qur'an, Hadis and Shariais filled with unbounded hatred for the unbelievers, unbelievably intolerant toward them and extremely cruel and merciless to Muslims, who dare to deviate from its doctrine.

We also realized that Islam is beyond alteration, because Muslimswho attempt to modernize and reform its unremitting bigotry, irrational rituals and its cruel and draconian punitive measuresare targeted for annihilation. Our verdict was that the only way to escape from the tyranny of Islam is to leave it altogether. We have, therefore, discarded Islam from our lives so that we can be free to enjoy a normal, pleasant and humane life in complete harmony with all peoples on earth, irrespective of their religion, race or creed.

Having thoroughly understoodthrough our meticulous investigation of Islam, lasting years to decadesthat Islam was nothing but a lie, most of us have left Islam silently because of the fear for our lives. As Islamic terrorism and violence overwhelms the world, particularly in the post-9/11 years, we felt that it's a responsibility upon us to make world's 1.4 billion Muslims aware of the falsity of their religion and its cruel nature so that they can make informed choice and leave Islam to live with love, respect and harmony with rest of humanity.

We also felt it incumbent upon us to make the non-Muslim world aware of the reality of Islam and take timely precautionary measures against this religion of terror, hate and mayhem. We tell the world that the ongoing terrorism, unleashed by Islamic militants, is not an aberration from the so-called 'peaceful religion of Islam'; instead, it is the real Islam preached and practiced by its founder, Prophet Muhammad. A thorough study of the Qur'an and prophetic tradition (Hadith, Sunnah) makes it clear.

We, therefore, have launched this website to expose the "real Islam"—the Islam that is determined to replace the modern civilization with the 7th-century Arab Bedouin barbarism, peddled as the true Islamic Civilization. Let the world watch Islam through www.islam-watch.org and be warned.

'Islam Watch' is founded by a few Muslim apostates. Hailing mainly from South Asia, some of us left Islam after the 9/11; others have been apostates since prior to that. We aim to establish that Islam is false. We feel that it needs to be emasculated, marginalized or eliminated altogether, if the Muslim world wants to come out of its current backwardness and quagmire, characterized by poverty, corruption, illiteracy, violence, misrule and tyranny, in which they have been thrown in due to Islamic indoctrination.

Founders & members:

• M. A. Khan (USA, Editor)
  • Abul Kasem (Australia)
  • Dr. Ali Sina (USA)
  • M. A. Hussain (Australia)
  • Sher Khan (USA)
  • Syed Kamran Mirza (USA)
  • Mumin Salih (UK)

Our Challenge

We challenge Muslims to debate on these assertions.

<LI style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify" class=BoldText>We assert that Islam is not a religion of peace, but quite the contrary.
    <LI style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify" class=BoldText>We affirm that Islam is a false religion.
  • We conclude that Islam is responsible for rampant corruption, widespread misrule, implausible tyranny, mindless terrorism, unrelenting violence and pervasive social injustice in the Muslim world.

Our Mission (Why This Site)

Our ultimate aim is to guide Muslims out of the fold of Islam. We also expect that critical voice against Islam will render it somewhat benign.

We plan to achieve our goals in the following manners:

• We will criticize and expose the real truth about Islam without minding about any political correctness, whatsoever.
  • We will establish that Islam is false, that it is not revealed by any God, but was created by Prophet Muhammad himself to fulfill his greed, ego and ambition.
  • We will prove that Islam has nothing to do with peace; instead, it is a dangerous cult founded through violence, terror, plunder and extreme injustice by its founder, Muhammad.
  • We will prove that Islam is incompatible with the modern world. Islamic precepts stand in contravention to the concept of democracy, tolerance, human rights and gender equality and hence is dangerous for modern civilization.
  • We will demonstrate that Islamic terrorism, as witnessed today, is sanctioned by Islam. Terrorists did not hijack Islam; instead, Islam itself has hijacked some otherwise good human beings and turned them into machines for terror, murder and destruction.
  • We will also awaken the non-Muslim world, especially the West, about the short-term and long-term dangers Islam to their good and benevolent society.
  • As nontheistic humanists, we strongly affirm that human life should be guided by human conscience, wisdom and judgment based on the Golden Rules. This is an ever-changing, dynamic, process; as people gain new experience, scientific knowledge and insights into the workings of the world and human life, our ethical wisdom would change. Opposed to religious doctrines, no particular set of rules or values should be considered absolute and universal. We propagate that 'Live your own life and let other live theirs, as long as they don't harm and cause nuisance to others'.
  • "Islam Watch" will be dominated by ex-Muslim and moderate Muslim writers. We will make some room for non-Muslim authors to help us gauge how the non-Muslim world grasps the truth about Islam.
  • To create a critical mass of critics of Islam from Muslim backgrounds, one of our missions will be to create new writers, critical of Islam, from amongst Muslims. We will put maximum effort in nurturing these nascent talents. To this end, we will urge Muslim writers to pen their critical thoughts on Islam, regardless of how good they are, and we will try to accommodate them in our website.
  • Although "Islam Watch" has been launched by ex-Muslims coming mainly from South Asia, we aim to connect to Muslim apostates and critics from all corners of the world. We encourage them from all parts of the world to voice their opinions through "Islam Watch".
  • "Islam Watch" will publish a comprehensive daily news concerning Islam from all corners of the world so as to keep our readers updated with the state of affairs of Islam worldwide. This, we hope, will transform "Islam Watch" into a unique hub for readers interested in the truth and reality of Islam from all corners of the world.
  • We will publish a select number of Op-Ed/Articles of non-Muslim authors of strongly secular conviction. Selection of articles by non-Muslim authors would be solely at discretion of the editors.

jimsouth:

Islam - Muslims - 6th century mind set. You cannot be a devout Muslim without following the teachings of Mohammed to the letter. Jews and Christians do not thrive on ignorance ( ignorance being the very foundation of Islam ); and the pathetic few who use Christianity as the foundation for their screwball behavior are not true Christians. The law abiding - moderate ( so called moderate ) Muslim is the one who stands by and watches while the radical Muslim murders an unbeliever; but the moderate Muslim does nothing to stop the murder. To even compare off the wall evangelical Christians to Muslims is rediculous. See what happens if and when a Muslim publicly criticizes Islam. It's a flat out DEATH SENTENCE. This is the result of the Islamic mind set: Open anyone you like; and then you post the list of what you consider the behavior of radical evangelical Christians.Even the most insane phony Christians rarely resort to this barbaric behavior.

In fact, don't even pay attention to me. Take the time to check headerpic-full.jpg

Who are we?

We are a group of Muslim apostates, who have left Islam out of our own conviction when we discovered that Islam is not a religion at all. Most of us took a prolong period of time to study, evaluate, and contemplate on, this religion of our birth. Having meticulously scrutinized Islam, we concluded that it is not a religion of peace at all, as touted by smooth-talking, self-serving Muslims and their apologists from non-Muslim from backgrounds. The core of Islamthat is, the Qur'an, Hadis and Shariais filled with unbounded hatred for the unbelievers, unbelievably intolerant toward them and extremely cruel and merciless to Muslims, who dare to deviate from its doctrine.

We also realized that Islam is beyond alteration, because Muslimswho attempt to modernize and reform its unremitting bigotry, irrational rituals and its cruel and draconian punitive measuresare targeted for annihilation. Our verdict was that the only way to escape from the tyranny of Islam is to leave it altogether. We have, therefore, discarded Islam from our lives so that we can be free to enjoy a normal, pleasant and humane life in complete harmony with all peoples on earth, irrespective of their religion, race or creed.

Having thoroughly understoodthrough our meticulous investigation of Islam, lasting years to decadesthat Islam was nothing but a lie, most of us have left Islam silently because of the fear for our lives. As Islamic terrorism and violence overwhelms the world, particularly in the post-9/11 years, we felt that it's a responsibility upon us to make world's 1.4 billion Muslims aware of the falsity of their religion and its cruel nature so that they can make informed choice and leave Islam to live with love, respect and harmony with rest of humanity.

We also felt it incumbent upon us to make the non-Muslim world aware of the reality of Islam and take timely precautionary measures against this religion of terror, hate and mayhem. We tell the world that the ongoing terrorism, unleashed by Islamic militants, is not an aberration from the so-called 'peaceful religion of Islam'; instead, it is the real Islam preached and practiced by its founder, Prophet Muhammad. A thorough study of the Qur'an and prophetic tradition (Hadith, Sunnah) makes it clear.

We, therefore, have launched this website to expose the "real Islam"—the Islam that is determined to replace the modern civilization with the 7th-century Arab Bedouin barbarism, peddled as the true Islamic Civilization. Let the world watch Islam through www.islam-watch.org and be warned.

'Islam Watch' is founded by a few Muslim apostates. Hailing mainly from South Asia, some of us left Islam after the 9/11; others have been apostates since prior to that. We aim to establish that Islam is false. We feel that it needs to be emasculated, marginalized or eliminated altogether, if the Muslim world wants to come out of its current backwardness and quagmire, characterized by poverty, corruption, illiteracy, violence, misrule and tyranny, in which they have been thrown in due to Islamic indoctrination.

Founders & members:

• M. A. Khan (USA, Editor)
  • Abul Kasem (Australia)
  • Dr. Ali Sina (USA)
  • M. A. Hussain (Australia)
  • Sher Khan (USA)
  • Syed Kamran Mirza (USA)
  • Mumin Salih (UK)

Our Challenge

We challenge Muslims to debate on these assertions.

• <LI style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify" class=BoldText>We assert that Islam is not a religion of peace, but quite the contrary.
    <LI style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify" class=BoldText>We affirm that Islam is a false religion.
  • We conclude that Islam is responsible for rampant corruption, widespread misrule, implausible tyranny, mindless terrorism, unrelenting violence and pervasive social injustice in the Muslim world.

Our Mission (Why This Site)

Our ultimate aim is to guide Muslims out of the fold of Islam. We also expect that critical voice against Islam will render it somewhat benign.

We plan to achieve our goals in the following manners:

• We will criticize and expose the real truth about Islam without minding about any political correctness, whatsoever.
  • We will establish that Islam is false, that it is not revealed by any God, but was created by Prophet Muhammad himself to fulfill his greed, ego and ambition.
  • We will prove that Islam has nothing to do with peace; instead, it is a dangerous cult founded through violence, terror, plunder and extreme injustice by its founder, Muhammad.
  • We will prove that Islam is incompatible with the modern world. Islamic precepts stand in contravention to the concept of democracy, tolerance, human rights and gender equality and hence is dangerous for modern civilization.
  • We will demonstrate that Islamic terrorism, as witnessed today, is sanctioned by Islam. Terrorists did not hijack Islam; instead, Islam itself has hijacked some otherwise good human beings and turned them into machines for terror, murder and destruction.
  • We will also awaken the non-Muslim world, especially the West, about the short-term and long-term dangers Islam to their good and benevolent society.
  • As nontheistic humanists, we strongly affirm that human life should be guided by human conscience, wisdom and judgment based on the Golden Rules. This is an ever-changing, dynamic, process; as people gain new experience, scientific knowledge and insights into the workings of the world and human life, our ethical wisdom would change. Opposed to religious doctrines, no particular set of rules or values should be considered absolute and universal. We propagate that 'Live your own life and let other live theirs, as long as they don't harm and cause nuisance to others'.
  • "Islam Watch" will be dominated by ex-Muslim and moderate Muslim writers. We will make some room for non-Muslim authors to help us gauge how the non-Muslim world grasps the truth about Islam.
  • To create a critical mass of critics of Islam from Muslim backgrounds, one of our missions will be to create new writers, critical of Islam, from amongst Muslims. We will put maximum effort in nurturing these nascent talents. To this end, we will urge Muslim writers to pen their critical thoughts on Islam, regardless of how good they are, and we will try to accommodate them in our website.
  • Although "Islam Watch" has been launched by ex-Muslims coming mainly from South Asia, we aim to connect to Muslim apostates and critics from all corners of the world. We encourage them from all parts of the world to voice their opinions through "Islam Watch".
  • "Islam Watch" will publish a comprehensive daily news concerning Islam from all corners of the world so as to keep our readers updated with the state of affairs of Islam worldwide. This, we hope, will transform "Islam Watch" into a unique hub for readers interested in the truth and reality of Islam from all corners of the world.
  • We will publish a select number of Op-Ed/Articles of non-Muslim authors of strongly secular conviction. Selection of articles by non-Muslim authors would be solely at discretion of the editors.

I'll make sure I ignore you too.