A Few Words For Republicans And The South.

spam the South. spam 'em. We should have let them go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they'd stay part of our special Union. Fighting for the right to keep slaves - yeah, those are states we want to keep.

And now what do we get? We're the banned word Arrogant Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

Cause we banned word founded this country, [butt openings]. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? All that bad word about what you think they meant by the Second Amendment giving you the right to keep your assault weapons in the glove compartment because you didn't bother to read the first half of the banned word sentence? Who do you think those wig-wearing lacy-shirt sporting revolutionaries were? They were banned word blue-staters, dickhead. Boston? Philadelphia? New York? Hello? Think there might be a reason all the banned word monuments are up here in our backyard?

No, No. Get the spam out. We're not letting you visit the Liberty Bell and banned word Plymouth Rock anymore until you get over your real American selves and start respecting those other nine amendments. Who do you think those banned word stripes on the flag are for? Nine are for banned word blue states. And it would be 10 if those Vermonters had gotten their banned word Subarus together and broken off from New York a little earlier. Get it? We started this [excrement], so don't get all uppity about how real you are you Johnny-come-lately "Oooooh I've been a state for almost a hundred years" dickheads. spam off.

Arrogant? You wanna talk about us Northeasterners being banned word arrogant? What's more American than arrogance? Hmmm? Maybe horsies? I don't think so. Arrogance is the banned word cornerstone of what it means to be American. And I wouldn't be so banned word arrogant if I wasn't paying for your banned word bridges, [female canine].

All those Federal taxes you love to hate? It all comes from us and goes to you, so shut up and enjoy your banned word Tennessee Valley Authority electricity and your fancy highways that we paid for. And the next time Florida gets hit by a hurricane you can come crying to us if you want to, but you're the ones who built on a banned word swamp. "Let the Spanish keep it, it’s a [excrement]hole," we said, but you had to have your banned word orange juice.

The next dickwad who says, "It’s your money, not the government's money" is gonna get their ass kicked. Nine of the ten states that get the most federal banned word dollars and pay the least... can you guess? Go on, guess. That’s right, [incestuous act], they're red states. And eight of the ten states that receive the least and pay the most? It’s too easy, [butt opening], they’re blue states. It’s not your money, [butt openings], it’s banned word our money. What was that Real American Value you were spouting a minute ago? Self reliance? Try this for self reliance: buy your own banned word stop signs, [butt openings].

Let’s talk about those values for a banned word minute. You and your Southern values can bite my ass because the blue states got the values over you banned word Real Americans every day of the goddamn week. Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate you marriage-hyping dickwads? Well? Can you guess? It’s banned word Massachusetts, the banned word center of the gay marriage universe. Yes, that’s right, the state you love to tie around the neck of anyone to the left of Strom Thurmond has the lowest divorce rate in the banned word nation. Think that’s just some aberration? How about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are banned word blue states, [butt opening], and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? Care to banned word guess? 10 of the top 10 are banned word red-ass we're-so-banned word-moral states. And while Nevada is the worst, the Bible Belt is doing its banned word part.

But two guys making out is going to banned word ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you're ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. Oh, but that's ok because you go to church, right? I mean you do, right? Cause we banned word get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time. Yes, we're fascinated by how you get up every Sunday morning and sing, and then you're banned word towers of moral superiority. Yeah, that's a workable formula. Maybe us banned word Northerners don't talk about religion as much as you because we're not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that, you self-righteous [butt openings]? No, you're too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the Ten Commandments in buildings paid for by the banned word Northeast Liberal Elite. And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain't us up here in the North, [butt openings].

Well this gravy train is banned word over. Take your liberal-bashing, federal-tax-leaching, confederate-flag-waving, holier-than-thou, hypocritical bad word and shove it up your ass.

And no, you can't have your banned word convention in New York next time. spam off.

Damm...let that rage out man.

It is funny the correlation between the south and conservatism....and to extend that coloration even farther to the fact that their ancestors were slavers.

(I wont even get into the inbreeding thing)

spam the South. spam 'em. We should have let them go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they'd stay part of our special Union. Fighting for the right to keep slaves - yeah, those are states we want to keep.

And now what do we get? We're the banned word Arrogant Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

Cause we banned word founded this country, [butt openings]. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? All that bad word about what you think they meant by the Second Amendment giving you the right to keep your assault weapons in the glove compartment because you didn't bother to read the first half of the banned word sentence? Who do you think those wig-wearing lacy-shirt sporting revolutionaries were? They were banned word blue-staters, dickhead. Boston? Philadelphia? New York? Hello? Think there might be a reason all the banned word monuments are up here in our backyard?

No, No. Get the spam out. We're not letting you visit the Liberty Bell and banned word Plymouth Rock anymore until you get over your real American selves and start respecting those other nine amendments. Who do you think those banned word stripes on the flag are for? Nine are for banned word blue states. And it would be 10 if those Vermonters had gotten their banned word Subarus together and broken off from New York a little earlier. Get it? We started this [excrement], so don't get all uppity about how real you are you Johnny-come-lately "Oooooh I've been a state for almost a hundred years" dickheads. spam off.

Arrogant? You wanna talk about us Northeasterners being banned word arrogant? What's more American than arrogance? Hmmm? Maybe horsies? I don't think so. Arrogance is the banned word cornerstone of what it means to be American. And I wouldn't be so banned word arrogant if I wasn't paying for your banned word bridges, [female canine].

All those Federal taxes you love to hate? It all comes from us and goes to you, so shut up and enjoy your banned word Tennessee Valley Authority electricity and your fancy highways that we paid for. And the next time Florida gets hit by a hurricane you can come crying to us if you want to, but you're the ones who built on a banned word swamp. "Let the Spanish keep it, it’s a [excrement]hole," we said, but you had to have your banned word orange juice.

The next dickwad who says, "It’s your money, not the government's money" is gonna get their ass kicked. Nine of the ten states that get the most federal banned word dollars and pay the least... can you guess? Go on, guess. That’s right, [incestuous act], they're red states. And eight of the ten states that receive the least and pay the most? It’s too easy, [butt opening], they’re blue states. It’s not your money, [butt openings], it’s banned word our money. What was that Real American Value you were spouting a minute ago? Self reliance? Try this for self reliance: buy your own banned word stop signs, [butt openings].

Let’s talk about those values for a banned word minute. You and your Southern values can bite my ass because the blue states got the values over you banned word Real Americans every day of the goddamn week. Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate you marriage-hyping dickwads? Well? Can you guess? It’s banned word Massachusetts, the banned word center of the gay marriage universe. Yes, that’s right, the state you love to tie around the neck of anyone to the left of Strom Thurmond has the lowest divorce rate in the banned word nation. Think that’s just some aberration? How about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are banned word blue states, [butt opening], and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? Care to banned word guess? 10 of the top 10 are banned word red-ass we're-so-banned word-moral states. And while Nevada is the worst, the Bible Belt is doing its banned word part.

But two guys making out is going to banned word ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you're ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. Oh, but that's ok because you go to church, right? I mean you do, right? Cause we banned word get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time. Yes, we're fascinated by how you get up every Sunday morning and sing, and then you're banned word towers of moral superiority. Yeah, that's a workable formula. Maybe us banned word Northerners don't talk about religion as much as you because we're not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that, you self-righteous [butt openings]? No, you're too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the Ten Commandments in buildings paid for by the banned word Northeast Liberal Elite. And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain't us up here in the North, [butt openings].

Well this gravy train is banned word over. Take your liberal-bashing, federal-tax-leaching, confederate-flag-waving, holier-than-thou, hypocritical bad word and shove it up your ass.

And no, you can't have your banned word convention in New York next time. spam off.

You will never believe that I do not mean this to be offensive, and instead you will only come back with more hate-filled ranting. But I really do not care. Your post was possibly the most ridiculous, erroneous, pathetic, misinformed, inaccurate thing I have ever seen someone post on a political forum. Far above my urge to laugh at what you seem to think facts are, is an overwhelming feeling of sadness that you probably represent a large number of liberals. It honestly makes me sad to realize that there are that many people out there who have apparently never picked up a history book. That is just plain willful ignorance on display. I feel sorry for you to an extent, but at the same time it is people like you that must be overcome if we are to get this country back on track.

You people are fighting the WRONG WAR

outside of major cites Northern States have quote unquote far more "Stereotypical Rednecks"

Though the North has more major. Cities than the South yet nobody bothered to INVESTIGATE OBVIOUSLY

While I share many of the same sentiments of the OP, this kind of divisive language is likely to do liberal causes more harm than good. It’s times like this when the more strictly regimented ranks of the political right have an advantage. We all really have a responsibility to think about what we say; modern media’s ability to propagate messages more quickly and thoroughly, and the human tendency to be attracted to negative imagery can do real damage to a cause I feel needs serious attention. We have to out-think the political right with messages that do the cause more good – that shouldn’t be too hard to do.

I was born in the South. Southerners pride themselves on respecting honesty and integrity, saying what you mean and standing by your word. Inexplicably, these same people vote Republican and make excuses for a generation of Republican lies. I think if Southerners look deep inside themselves, they will discover they have more in common with Democrats than Republicans.

Man, what is your problem? I am from the south and I am a liberal democrat. You are just as much a "redneck" as the people you demonize. Can we have more light and less heat please?

lol great post!

Dont forget their two best and brightest sons... Lyndon Johnson and George W. Bush.

Both idiots who started wars (like their grandfathers) that they couldn't finish!

I agree with you. The best thing America could do right now is let the South go and watch how fast they deteriorate to a second class country.

(Although poor black people. They still may as well be slaves down here)

lol great post!

Dont forget their two best and brightest sons... Lyndon Johnson and George W. Bush.

Both idiots who started wars (like their grandfathers) that they couldn't finish!

I agree with you. The best thing America could do right now is let the South go and watch how fast they deteriorate to a second class country.

(Although poor black people. They still may as well be slaves down here)

The South is also capable of giving America the very best....I give you Bill Clinton and Martin Luther King

I was born in the South. Southerners pride themselves on respecting honesty and integrity, saying what you mean and standing by your word. Inexplicably, these same people vote Republican and make excuses for a generation of Republican lies. I think if Southerners look deep inside themselves, they will discover they have more in common with Democrats than Republicans.

I am married to a gentleman of the South--he doesn't vote Republican, so there is hope! As a matter of fact, I believe that both of his brothers are on the liberal side of things, as well.

The South is also capable of giving America the very best....I give you Bill Clinton and Martin Luther King

Wow, just wow. Comparing clinton to king? A man who stood up against oppression vs a man who stood up to get a hummer in the oval office......that is the level of your thought process....wow.

Also, the civil war was fought over freedom for the southern states, not neccesarily slavery. Slavery was a part of it, but not so much as the southern states wanting their state sovereignty apart from the federal government. The 13th amendment wasn't adopted until Dec 1865, 8 months after Lee's surrender. If the North really felt slavery was wrong, why did they let it go on for so long?

Ah, partisan politics. Dontcha just love it?

Actually, most of it makes me sick -- especially when the rhetoric is exaggerated, unfairly biased, misleading, or blatantly deceptive, as so much of it is.

I think Republicans and Democrats are guilty of that, whether they call themselves conservative or liberal, or traditional or progressive.

However, I happen to think that, as partisan parties go, Republicans are more guilty, and that Democrats are the "lesser of two evils" that divide us.

As for the OP's rant, it makes some valid points about the South.

Neil Young's song "Southern Man" was very appropriate in 1970, as was Neil's song "

." and the Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd fired back 1974 in the song "Sweet Home Alabama," devoting a whole verse saying they didn't want Neil around. No wonder. Lynyrd Skynyrd also said in the song that they loved Richard Nixon and said they "didn't mind Watergate." It's the old "My country right or wrong," or "My state right or wrong."

Today the partisan political conflict and division is as sharp and deep as ever. The partisan political rhetoric has become horribly mean and nasty, and in my view that is largely because of the hate speech spewed by right-wing extremists who claim to be religious and patriotic -- and many are from the South. Certainly not all, but many.

On the other hand, it has to be said that there have been and are many great, progressive people in the South, and we cannot make blanket statements.

In the final analysis, it's not North against South, or East against West. It's right vs wrong, and two wrongs don't make a right. As Stephen Stills sang back in the 1960s in the song

, "Nobody's right when everybody's wrong."

I just long for the day when people acknowledge that it is wrong to regard one's self or race or religion or culture as superior -- when people realize they belong to one family of nations, races, religions and cultures. That why I try to spread the word about The Try Try Again Project.

Bad as this may initially sound, the idea of breaking up the US is very sound. The Balkanization and polarization cannot be stopped, anyway. Like the old USSR, ideology has trumped economy, information, law, and sanity. Breaking up the US is not a bad way to go if portions of the former empire wish to remain viable.

Very well stated :)

I would say this, and I would mean this. People in the South can be very rational. There is a huge disconnect in horse wits some of these folk depend on and the otherwise bull Republicans profess, but frankly speaking, both sides do suck --- and I'm speaking about the media and lack of discussion - both political parties as well/ not individuals!

A lot of people in the South are smart and savvy. Not all to be sure. Go to the West Side Chicago, or some places in Detroit City or New York, or even San Francisco, you will find some very sad minded folk nobody much seems to care about.

Systematic devaluation of common folks is what has transpired in places like these. And yes, these people are used as pawns to get the vote out, on both sides --- mostly on the Right BTW. But, even if they are used as pawns for the right reasons, it still sucks.

It sucks because it doesn't change them. It hasn't changed much. It's not even funny, it's so damn true.

Prisons instead of good schools. Dangerous streets. Left behinds in rural lands, because of mills dead, or coal minds dead, or because of huge EPA toxic waste zones.

None of it discussed in the media, none of this stuff that rots on, discussed by politicians.

Think about it. Who the heck seems to care? Certainly not the Democrats, and most certainly not the Republicans.

Hell, why don't those people move away from such dire straights? Why do you think they don't? I'd love to hear what all you people think is the answer to that seemingly simple question.

Peace!