Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KarlChilders

How To Fight Corporate America And Inflict Pain On Big Buisness

Are you sick of Big Buisness And Greedy Corporations Buy as little as possible from them and hit them where it hurts

I've only been driving to and from work and consolidating my errands to buy less gasoline and stick it to big oil if I am off work and need stuff I walk cause its good exercise and again saves gas which also Saves Me Money while sticking it to oil companies

Stop shopping at big box retailers

Walmart and Others are only successfull because people shop they're in large numbers

Find small family owned retailers to buy your stuff sure you might pay a little more but at the same time your helping a local buisness a neighbor and often the goods are of much better quality and last longer than walmart junk so actually a savings overtime

Buy used stuff I get a lot of my clothing at thrift stores and garge sales and even tools and house goods often its like a treasure hunt never know what you'll find also try craigslist cause often you can even bargain with people and they'll take much less than they were asking

What I'm saying is if you do not agree with Big Buisness Principles the solution is to spend as little as possible with them

Starve off they're cash and they'll change they're ways

Hit them where it hurts

It is doubtful that you will ever get enough people to make a real difference. Who does not consolidate all of their driving? If one would shop at the local stores the price difference over a long period of time would amout to a substantial amount. I have a supermarket within a quarter mile of my house. I shop there. The nearest Walmart superstore is about 5 miles away. I shop locally for food because the cost of fuel to drive to the Walmart would offset any savings in the cost for the food. There is a local hardware store. I buy my hardware at walmart. The difference in the cost of hardware is so much it is worth it to drive to the Walmart. The difference in quality is not great enough to make me buy locally. If enough people did not purchase at big box stores these stores would just lay off or part time their workforce. Notice every time a new Walmart opens thousands of people apply for employment.

So now it's corporate America's fault? How about blaming whoever is in charge in D.C. at whatever particular moment? It always amazes me that some folks have a problem with a corporation making profits but god forbid someone have an issue with that person trying to make a living. I buy local whenever possible, I support small business but it's the attitude of the OP here that hurts small business as well. Because once small business gets some legs all of a sudden the not so small business is the bane of the community. If you really want to make a difference then do something about local government and lowering taxes. And giving incentives for startup small businessess. Fact of the matter is that small business is still the single largest employer in this country. I own a small business, I could type for an hour how government makes it difficult for small businesses to stay in business.

I buy local as much as possible. If it costs more, I buy as much as I can afford - I would rather make do than feed corporate greed . Unless I have absolutely no choice, I do not buy WalMart ever and I live in the land of WalMart.

I try to avoid big box stores with one exception. Produce I cannot get locally I purchase from Kroger. Their produce is excellent and for someone who is vegan a lot of the time and vegetarian most of the time, you need what you need. Meats, if and when I buy them, come from local humane farmers, eggs come local humane chicken owners. Only use butter once a year for family at winter holidays. Personally, I prefer olive oil.

It is damned hard and expensive to do the right thing - and I don't have much money. But right is right and considering the financial difficulties of my parents and grandparents, I am doing fine. As long as I have a roof over my head, food on the table, bills paid and a little left over to buy a book or two a few times a year, I am doing damned fine. I am rich.

Have a great day. I hope to.

I think the best way to inflict pain on big business or business in general is if people try to start moneyless societies. Thats what I'm trying to do now. That way, people would no longer be dependent on business for supplies and food or for employment. I hope business dies a painful death.

I say stop driving and let the even lower price of gas hurt the oil and gas companies. The shale oil companies are already hurting because of the lower prices. If the oil markets collapse, that will hurt big business and won't require boycotting any particular retailer. Look at all of the people (lots of conservatives and libertarians) who bought gold during the bad fiancial times. Now, gold prices have dropped so low that gold mines can barely afford to mine it and purify it. Any more and the markets for gold will collapse. Americans need to speak with their dollar, and the best way to do that is by stopping fossil fuel use.

I've been buying used whenever I could for years for that very reason.

I agree completely.....I bought a used car recently and everyone should do that. Look at the Ford Motor Company. They have been overcharging for new cars for years compared to other auto makers. If you want a Ford, you should definitely buy used to reduce the depreciation you'll suffer on a new car. This is true moreso when you buy from overcharging companies.

Pharwood, Why do you hate oil companies? For the most part, gasoline prices are market-driven. I agree that markets can be manipulated by OPEC and other political sources. When oil prices are up, people believe the oil companies are corrupt because they make profits. Well, oil companies haven't been too profitable recently, and not because they don't wish to be: if it costs them more to refine oil than they can get when they sell it. they reduce production and people get laid off from their jobs. Two close friends are engineers(one mechanical, one a petroleum engineer) and their companies have already begun to lay off employees. The vast number of oil-company employees are engineers, skilled workers, people like you and me. It's the executives who rake in the huge take-home paychecks festooned with stock options. People hate them because they see them as costing them money at the pumps for an essential purchase(gasoline). It's strange that the same consumers don't hate on the actors, entertainers, artists, movie directors/producers for driving up the cost of discretionary items, especially since these entertainers often make much more for doing much less than the executives who run large corporations and who are responsible for managing thousands of humans. Why doesn't the media blast Elton John, McCartney, Nicholson and the like for $100 mil paydays for single films when such unconscionable salaries force consumers to pay $15 for a movie ticket instead of $5? Just wondering......

If ya really want to "stick it" to the big corporations, then you need to hire a President and Congress that will get rid of most of the restrictions on business. Big business loves those that wish to add more and more rules and regulations on business. Why? It mostly just restricts small/medium businesses thereby ending most competition in the market place.

End regulations, most of them, and you will see the competition of smaller companies force the big businesses to pay attention to the consumers.

So now it's corporate America's fault? How about blaming whoever is in charge in D.C. at whatever particular moment? It always amazes me that some folks have a problem with a corporation making profits but god forbid someone have an issue with that person trying to make a living. I buy local whenever possible, I support small business but it's the attitude of the OP here that hurts small business as well. Because once small business gets some legs all of a sudden the not so small business is the bane of the community. If you really want to make a difference then do something about local government and lowering taxes. And giving incentives for startup small businessess. Fact of the matter is that small business is still the single largest employer in this country. I own a small business, I could type for an hour how government makes it difficult for small businesses to stay in business.

Because the corporate leaders purchased those in charge in D.C. The corporate leaders get to write whatever legislation they want and they want to make sure you don't compete with them, thus the maze of regulations to make it hard for small business owners. Small businesses can't afford the high price of congress so they don't get the same support that big corporations get.

There is no point in blaming congress for the work of corporations. It would be better to identify who is hurting you and make them stop, rather than tilting at windmills.

Damn this old piece of shits still rolling..

There Lewstherin like ya told one of my SOKS get a "thread" going down here for "experience"

Are you sick of Big Buisness And Greedy Corporations Buy as little as possible from them and hit them where it hurts

I've only been driving to and from work and consolidating my errands to buy less gasoline and stick it to big oil if I am off work and need stuff I walk cause its good exercise and again saves gas which also Saves Me Money while sticking it to oil companies

Walmart and Others are only successfull because people shop they're in large numbers

Find small family owned retailers to buy your stuff sure you might pay a little more but at the same time your helping a local buisness a neighbor and often the goods are of much better quality and last longer than walmart junk so actually a savings overtime

Buy used stuff I get a lot of my clothing at thrift stores and garge sales and even tools and house goods often its like a treasure hunt never know what you'll find also try craigslist cause often you can even bargain with people and they'll take much less than they were asking

What I'm saying is if you do not agree with Big Buisness Principles the solution is to spend as little as possible with them

Hit them where it hurts

Don't buy big pharma's expensive epi pens.....tough it out.

I do not shop at Walmart..I go to the local Mom n Pop shops. I get my work clothes from Goodwill..I live in a really rich city so GW gets the good stuff. I get my gas at the locally owned stations. Small deeds but I do what I can. Ect..

Hit them where it hurts

Big business provides Millions and millions of jobs to Americans. Why is that a bad thing?

Okay Karl, good discussion and I'd like to have a debate with you on this. Seriously, no name calling or anything like that. I'd just like to get your perspective.

Big oil is not your enemy. Serious discussion here Karl... How much do think big oil is really making? Why do you think they're making so much?

What kind of phone do you have?

I do try to support my local businesses when I can. But I'll stop there for now until I get your reply.

Americans cannot fight Corporate America for they control you. Your Constitution is worthless, your Bill of Rights is worthless for you are controlled by corporations. Americans are losers. Long live CHINA Long Live PUTIN...to hell with Trump !