ok so most liberals just go by what sounds good on paper. In real life obamacare will never work, we have the most complex system of medicine out of any country. If you give every CITIZEN of the United States and i strogly repeat CITIZEN you will not have acces to some of the most advanced systems of medical technology ever. This will put our country in more debt than we already are. did you know the United States spends 40 billion dollars a day and .40 cents of every dollar is borrowed? yea, the youth generation is screwed thanks to the spending, spending, and spending, and taxing taxing and taxing. you need to cut cut cut and make our government less controling in our lives. http://www.free-insurance-agent-websites.blogspot.com

where are you getting these numbers? I have a feeling they're incorrect. what makes you think that spending less will help our economy? did you know that during our last economic crisis in the 1930's and 40's FDR pumped out money into the country to build big expensive stuff. all that spending got the money back to the poor people who were hired to build all these things. Now all the rich people hold all the money and all the poor people and the government are broke and in debt; but the rich people are the ones in congress or are the ones funding the people in congress, so the rich keep getting richer with all these tax breaks and federal funding. Dick Cheney was the CEO of a defense contracting company [ http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1117-22.htm] he became vice president? then when we went to war he hired his old company to do the jobs that our military could have done far more effectively. Maybe if we stopped doing stuff like that, we could cut taxes and have the kind of health care system that every other modernized country in the world has. We're the only developed country that doesn't have universal health care. When it comes to health care, we used to be rank near the bottom, just about tied with south africa, then south africa improved its health care and is better than us.

where are you getting these numbers? I have a feeling they're incorrect. what makes you think that spending less will help our economy? did you know that during our last economic crisis in the 1930's and 40's FDR pumped out money into the country to build big expensive stuff. all that spending got the money back to the poor people who were hired to build all these things. Now all the rich people hold all the money and all the poor people and the government are broke and in debt; but the rich people are the ones in congress or are the ones funding the people in congress, so the rich keep getting richer with all these tax breaks and federal funding. Dick Cheney was the CEO of a defense contracting company [ http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1117-22.htm] he became vice president? then when we went to war he hired his old company to do the jobs that our military could have done far more effectively. Maybe if we stopped doing stuff like that, we could cut taxes and have the kind of health care system that every other modernized country in the world has. We're the only developed country that doesn't have universal health care. When it comes to health care, we used to be rank near the bottom, just about tied with south africa, then south africa improved its health care and is better than us.

First off, you asked, "what makes you think that spending less will help our economy?" To that I would like to ask you what has spending MORE done for our economy? I agree with you that FDR's New Deal did work, but that was in the days that America was a major manufacturing nation. That is not the case today. The real answer involves what Trump is saying. "Free" trade is only free to our global competitors. We are getting screwed by most of the world, especially China and until this issue quits being ignored our economy / debt problems will never be fixed.

Forget the numbers, forget the ideologies, just look at the damn bill people. Even liberals should be able to put this together (maybe). I finally finished reading the whole GD thing and it was a damn nightmare.

Let me just sum up the whole train wreck: the government is telling you to buy something. Something that THEY heavily regulate. And if you don't buy that something, of which they heavily regulate, then a TAX will be levied on you. Yes it is a "tax" because the IRS would collect this "insubordination fee" and they have access to wages, bank accounts, etc..

Some would argue "what about buying car insurance? You have to buy car insurance, don't you?" That's correct... if you OWN A CAR. That's like making everyone buy car insurance even though they don't own a car.

Now let's talk about the Interstate Commerce Clause. Do you really think a healthcare bill is covered under the Interstate Commerce Clause? Are we really going to be reduced to numbers and basic economic factors? For Christ's sake, we're people, and this isn't interstate trade this is OUR HEALTH.

This bill came from the same people that say the government has no right to tell a woman she can't get an abortion or use birth control. What ever happened to this supposed argument of "get the government out of my personal health decisions!" Any liberal want to answer me that? Because Obamacare is going to be doing exactly that.

Obama claims you can still keep your doctors and still do your own thing, but what he doesn't tell you is the amount of government regulation and bullying that is inevitably going to occur, basically ridding our medical community of private medical providers.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly: if the government can tell me I have to buy something regarding something so private such as my own healthcare, then what else can they tell me I must buy? Where does this slippery slope end up? Any liberal want to answer for this unconstitutional activity?

Don't even get me started with Obama confronting and challenging the Supreme Court, FDR tried it and failed. For the sake of our Constitution and the freedom of our people, this must not pass.

What is different between Obamacare and Medicare? I'll tell you what it is... Those that benefit from Medicare are organized under AARP and have heavy political influence. Why is Medicare Constitutional and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care not? With "Obamacare," everyone pays and can receive. With Medicare, which requires all working people to pay into it (aka a MANDATE), an 18 year old can't receive benefits for nearly fifty years. How Constitutional is that?

Americans are already paying for the uninsured. People without insurance pile up huge medical bills and file bankruptcy, negotiate payoffs for pennies on the dollar, etc. This shortfall is made up with higher health insurance premiums for everyone.

Neither political party has a solution to this problem. What Obamacare does is get the government more heavily involved in the entire process. Once government gets involved, things will change through regulations. Medical care providers do not want this. These providers still want to continue selling a service to buyers that absolutely have no clue what the cost is beforehand, with the exception of ordinary physician office visits. It's a joke and any form of consumer protections are non-existent at the current time.

Should Obamacare get struck down by the Supreme Court, it would set precedent to nullify Medicare and Social Security.

ok so most liberals just go by what sounds good on paper. In real life obamacare will never work, we have the most complex system of medicine out of any country. If you give every CITIZEN of the United States and i strogly repeat CITIZEN you will not have acces to some of the most advanced systems of medical technology ever. This will put our country in more debt than we already are. did you know the United States spends 40 billion dollars a day and .40 cents of every dollar is borrowed? yea, the youth generation is screwed thanks to the spending, spending, and spending, and taxing taxing and taxing. you need to cut cut cut and make our government less controling in our lives.

Sure, I agree that Obamacare is not what the United States should be worrying about right now. They've got more important problems to tend to, but I think that it should be the opposite. If the US government is going to get out of debt it needs to take more control. If programs like Obamacare are going to work at all we need higher taxes. In the end all the money you spend on taxes goes back to you in some way. I live in Canada, and i do understand were not doing to hot either, we have free healthcare for the majority of medicine and surgeries. Even in Cuba you can get top notch medical surgeries and procedures done and they're basically a third world country. The point is that the US needs to take a little more to give a lot back.

I think christians shuld get health care cus they bleive in god. other people like blacks shuld work 4 money 2 get health care.

Republicans just dont get it. The country is failing because of inaction from congressional republicans which are being led by John Boehner. Not because of the Affordable Care Act, in which you can read all the information online. Republicans everywhere are saying that the Act requires everyone to get healthcare by 2014. Why wouldn't you want healthcare? Why wouldnt you want your neighbor to have access to healthcare? Its selfish and incompetent and those are the ways that are keeping the US economy poor. The top 10 % now control over 50% of the country's wealth. Crunch those numbers! With failing republican HOPEFUL Mitt Romney and do nothing Boehner, we can certainly look forward to a future of uncertainty. If you dont have insurance you must get it by 2014, if you dont want it then pay a fine, if you cant afford BASIC which can run you as low as 10.00 a month, you can tell them you dont make enough and they will leave you alone. All of it is in the legislation. There are options

ok so most liberals just go by what sounds good on paper. In real life obamacare will never work, we have the most complex system of medicine out of any country. If you give every CITIZEN of the United States and i strogly repeat CITIZEN you will not have acces to some of the most advanced systems of medical technology ever. This will put our country in more debt than we already are. did you know the United States spends 40 billion dollars a day and .40 cents of every dollar is borrowed? yea, the youth generation is screwed thanks to the spending, spending, and spending, and taxing taxing and taxing. you need to cut cut cut and make our government less controling in our lives.

look.its only a matter of time before we have some type of universal health care.less and less employers offer medical benefits fewer and fewer jobs that pay a livable wage are available.if you cant pay the rent and buy food your not going to buy health ins.most americans dont want anything to do with universal,socialized or government health care.but,reality will force them to choose it,especially if it means coverage for thier childeren.you dont have to be that smart to figure this out.just like you dont have to be that smart to figure out that if export good paying jobs and import cheap labor without creating good job opportunities the middle class disappears.when the middle class disappears so does that life blood of out tax base,which inevitablly leads to higher taxes.out politicians know and understand this,but they dont care.see the idea of public service is crap.it is really self service.watch out the worst is yet to come.it cant be stopped because most american are stupid and gullible.

Amen to that, brother. Getting re-elected is all that matters to the political class. They don't know how to lead us through the hard choices ahead. They just like to promise, promise, and promise. The president hasn't made any tough choices, and not once has he opposed his base from the left. He just keeps kicking the can down the road.

As a member of the youth generation I do not agree with the spending of our country. It concerns me to think how much in debt our country is and how the kids growing up in this era are going to have to find the ways to pay it all off. However I think that it is worth it to spend on obamacare. Ultimately the goal of this new healthcare system has a goal of making healthcare cheaper for the citizens as well as the government. I believe that obamacare will lead to more citizens being covered and the health care costs will be cheaper in the end.

aye people people stop arguing over whether obama is better than romney or if romney is better than obama im 17 years old and i can tell the they are 2 heads to the same damn coin, but yet ignorance is bliss? if u would read between the lines you would realize that elections are rigged, your vote truly dosent matter, how do u kno that america's choice in leader is even honored, you dont but you wud like to believe it is. i love my home and i will do ANYTHING to defend it, but not in its current state, i wud rather it burn to the ground to be rebuilt, than to lay my life down for the forgotten american dream, we r mislead and misunderstood as a ppl. as its november 5 i do my duty to get the message out. one month till the end of the world... as we know it. a non-apocalyptic revolution for those who have distracted the american ppl. wat wrong with kids today? not a damn thing teen have always been rebellious that is nothing new, but we are exposed to a world that make everything a joke, a world that we want nothing more than sex fame and drugs. only reason i can write as i do is i have been taken out of the american matrix, but its not limmted to good ol'usa its a world wide phenomenon that end with the rfid, one world goverment and the pain, suffering, and oppression of millions upon millions of ppl

Republicans just dont get it. The country is failing because of inaction from congressional republicans which are being led by John Boehner. Not because of the Affordable Care Act, in which you can read all the information online. Republicans everywhere are saying that the Act requires everyone to get healthcare by 2014. Why wouldn't you want healthcare? Why wouldnt you want your neighbor to have access to healthcare? Its selfish and incompetent and those are the ways that are keeping the US economy poor. The top 10 % now control over 50% of the country's wealth. Crunch those numbers! With failing republican HOPEFUL Mitt Romney and do nothing Boehner, we can certainly look forward to a future of uncertainty. If you dont have insurance you must get it by 2014, if you dont want it then pay a fine, if you cant afford BASIC which can run you as low as 10.00 a month, you can tell them you dont make enough and they will leave you alone. All of it is in the legislation. There are options

Affordable health care is something we as American's should strive for. However, the affordable health care act has gone about it completely in the wrong manner. Doctors will be so flooded with patients, you won't need to worry about your free health care because IT WILL BE MONTHS BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN SEE A DOCTOR. And yes, for your information you are not "required" to get the health insurance, you can keep your preexisting insurance and pay an OUTRAGEOUS FINE EVERY YEAR for choosing to forego this government handout.The fine grows every year, and despite what you may believe not all Republicans are made of money. I have no idea where you got 10 dollars, it begins in the hundreds and can span to thousands. Did you ever wonder how they wealthy become rich? They aren't out to exploit the poor,they believe in hard work. It is ridiculous to assume that they are responsible to pay out of pocket for someone who does not work. Crunch your numbers sir, 47% of American's are on the government's pay roll. They wealthy are already supporting almost half of our entire country!

If you look at the facts FDR"s programs didn't work they actually kept us in depression longer. This myth has so many people siding with big government and it's just not true. We will continue to ruin America if we continue with these leviathan policies.

According to the CBO, most of the savings in the ACA makes sure 95% of citizens have health care insurance. This lowers health care costs by making preventative health care affordable for most of the 33 million Americans who have no health insurance. They don't have to wait until their illness becomes so critical that they wind up using the hospital emergency room as their primary care provider. That lowers national health care costs for everyone.

I think christians shuld get health care cus they bleive in god. other people like blacks shuld work 4 money 2 get health care.

First off I'd like to state that I am a fellow Christian as well as a republican and it's statements like those that people hear and it gives them a preconceived and untrue thought about Christians and makes them dislike us all. But how does that have any logic behind it at all? As I've noticed there are MANY black Christians out there so are you saying they shouldn't get healthcare either as your fellow brother in Christ? Now I believe that yes, people should work for their health insurance and this country should not have universal health care but now I'm just starting to see that statement was just discrimination against the blacks. It's not segregation era anymore.

But here's the thing, being a nursing student I know that people in this country can NOT be refused HEALTHCARE (in general, not private physicians) when coming in to an emergency room. Whether they are black, white, Christian, atheist, legal or illegal they can not be turned away. Now yes many of those people may not have a private physician but let's look at the facts because that's what matters. Under this new ridiculous thing called Obamacare, not only will we be forced to pay for it out of our tax dollars (and will be charged a hefty fine if we don't), but we will be paying for less sufficient medical care. Patients will sped less than the average 8 minutes face-to-face time with their doctors, and for the number of people that will be coming into the private sector for medical care, and the number of doctors we will have, our number of doctors would need to increase by I believe the source said 32% in order to compensate and be sufficient to our needs. As of now, since Obamacare passed, it shows too that our number of physician students is dropping drastically. The government even considered offering raising the pay but then refused to do so. So as our number of patients is about to increase GREATLY the number of physicians is only continuing to decrease which is not going to help matters. Also touching up on the point the guy up there made about people saying the government can't/shouldn't impose on their personal medical decisions like abortion and birth control, well this is the government getting more involved with it than ever before, not only that but your paychecks. You wanted big government well now you got it and it is about to royally screw us all over.

How can you says that Obamacare is bad? I gots 8 kids and we can barly get by. I can't afford the doctor, what should I do? Obama gonna fix everythign!!

I bet you have health care; The US should be ashamed, it's the single most desired thing from government’s around the world. You want to cut cut cut then try your defence budget!

Health care is a basic human right, everybody is entitled to it.

Prove it.

It may be something we strive to acheive as a society, and it may be something we're all in favor of, but this has nothing to do with human rights.

Prove it.

It may be something we strive to acheive as a society, and it may be something we're all in favor of, but this has nothing to do with human rights.

I'm sorry, but we have "the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," as our forefathers intended. There's proof.

cottontop

I'm sorry, but we have "the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," as our forefathers intended. There's proof.

That's not proof that people have the right to healthcare.

President Obama needs to CUT and DESTROY ALL GOP Insurance, it is ALL PREMIUMS and NO COVERAGE.

The LAZY REPUBLICAN wants to return to the days when they could routinely genocide any American through health insurance default, get over it, the President needs to do even more to STOP the neo con from undermining everything we have worked for, in favor of the ungodly absolution, torture, sanctions and blacklistings of neo con fascism.

The GOP Insurance Corporation NEEDS TO PAY UP, stop using insurance premiums to fund their political ideologies and above all STOP WHINING!

NO AMNESTY for the GOP/Tea Party Socialists.