Sign in to follow this  
okcupid19781978

IQ is 75% genetic article says... Education cannot raise iq much myth

Questions for article..

CAN EDUCATION RAISE IQ?

DOES PUMPING MONEY INTO SCHOOLS REALLY MATTER IF KIDS DONT HAVE RIGHT GENETICS FOR GREAT GRADES?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

SCIENTISTS HAVE FOUND GENES FOR INTELIGENCE.. THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND

Was just reading this article about this subject from telegraph.co..

Here are search results for ... "What percentage of IQ is genetic"

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+percentage+of+iq+is+genetic&oq=what+percentage+of+iq+is+genetic&aqs=chrome..69i57.7706j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Highlights from article

1. Iq is 75% genetic

Researchers have believed for some time that intellect is inherited with studies suggesting that up to 75 per cent of IQ is genetic, and the rest down to environmental factors such as schooling and friendship groups.

We know that genetics plays a major role in intelligence but until now haven’t known which genes are relevant,” said Dr Michael Johnson, lead author of the study from the Department of Medicine at Imperial College.

Zaro   

OK, so you got bad genes. Don't sweat it, none of your friends will ever notice

Genetics can play a role in intellect. However, the conflation of so called race genes to intellect is one of them "correlation does not equal causation" things. Probably the greatest factor is good health and proper nutrition of the mother and father. The second most important thing is proper nurturing and environmental interaction in the initial development of a newborn's brain. Also, proper socialization is key. But again, the conflation of the so called race gene and intellect is nothing more than a wet-dream of those who are looking for a reason to justify their racism.

U got to be kidding me.

THE ARTICLE JUST SAID THEY HAVE FOUND THE GENES FOR INTELLIGENCE.

and IQ is 75% genetic u moron.

how on earth can u sit here and still talk about how nutrition can raise iq LOL ITS SO DUMB

THE BIGGEST FACTOR IN A PERSON'S IQ IS THEIR PARENTS IQ..

Wow i can't even belive he says nutrition can raise iq..

Can u show me recent links about your claims..

please show me articles about this.. that are recent and from somewhat credible places please.

Somebody I know today was wondering how to make Usa schools better.. this is impossible since IQ is 3/4 genetic. Thus having great schools will not make anybody a genius .. the main factor is your genetics obviously.

We just had a talk about why Education in Usa and i explained to her that IQ is 75% genetic.

and the reason Grades has dropped in usa is obviously due to diversity and the fact that american use to be white and now that its more non white the Iq average in usa has dropped. yes i know harsh to say BUT ITS THE TRUTH

U got to be kidding me.

THE ARTICLE JUST SAID THEY HAVE FOUND THE GENES FOR INTELLIGENCE.

and IQ is 75% genetic u moron.

how on earth can u sit here and still talk about how nutrition can raise iq LOL ITS SO DUMB

THE BIGGEST FACTOR IN A PERSON'S IQ IS THEIR PARENTS IQ..

Wow i can't even belive he says nutrition can raise iq..

Can u show me recent links about your claims..

please show me articles about this.. that are recent and from somewhat credible places please.

Somebody I know today was wondering how to make Usa schools better.. this is impossible since IQ is 3/4 genetic. Thus having great schools will not make anybody a genius .. the main factor is your genetics obviously.

We just had a talk about why Education in Usa and i explained to her that IQ is 75% genetic.

and the reason Grades has dropped in usa is obviously due to diversity and the fact that american use to be white and now that its more non white the Iq average in usa has dropped. yes i know harsh to say BUT ITS THE TRUTH

Apparently you were denied those intelligence genes. I didn't reference genetics and intelligence. I referenced the race gene and pointed out that it's not tied to intellect. But then again, you need some of those genes to understand the difference. Besides all that, I referenced intellect, not IQ. Because a person's IQ does not equal a person's intellect.

untitled   

Questions for article..

CAN EDUCATION RAISE IQ?

DOES PUMPING MONEY INTO SCHOOLS REALLY MATTER IF KIDS DONT HAVE RIGHT GENETICS FOR GREAT GRADES?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

SCIENTISTS HAVE FOUND GENES FOR INTELIGENCE.. THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND

Was just reading this article about this subject from telegraph.co..

Here are search results for ... "What percentage of IQ is genetic"

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+percentage+of+iq+is+genetic&oq=what+percentage+of+iq+is+genetic&aqs=chrome..69i57.7706j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Highlights from article

1. Iq is 75% genetic

Researchers have believed for some time that intellect is inherited with studies suggesting that up to 75 per cent of IQ is genetic, and the rest down to environmental factors such as schooling and friendship groups.

We know that genetics plays a major role in intelligence but until now haven’t known which genes are relevant,” said Dr Michael Johnson, lead author of the study from the Department of Medicine at Imperial College.

You obviously could not be educated.

Apparently you were denied those intelligence genes. I didn't reference genetics and intelligence. I referenced the race gene and pointed out that it's not tied to intellect. But then again, you need some of those genes to understand the difference.

Can u show me some links on this.

Do u deny that Races get different scores on IQ tests? The past 5000 of world's largest IQ tests are all wrong?

Please explain this one to me.

If IQ is 75% genetic, then it is 25% not genetic.

And of course, in the world in general, and the US in particular, people are rarely 100% "pure" anything.

All people should be given the opportunity to get an education based on their own individual merits. This okcupid imbecile wants to automatically place members of "inferior races' where they can learn to be 'hewers of wood and bearers of water', as descendents of Noah's son, Ham were placed, according to the Bible.

'

Do u deny that Races get different scores on IQ tests? The past 5000 of world's largest IQ tests are all wrong?

No, I do not deny that there is a statistical pattern in IQ scores when compared to race. However, the same genetics that determine race are not the same genetics that influence intellect. Environmental factors play a much greater role in intellect and in IQ scores. Especially when we consider the fact that a genius who can't read would get a score on an IQ test based on randomly picking the correct answer out of multiple choices. An IQ test does not measure intelligence. I don't care how much they claim it does or how much you want it to. Otherwise an illiterate person who has the intellect of a genius could still take the test and get an accurate score. But we know that's not possible.

There is not just one single type of intelligence. Some people are great writers and suck at math. Others are great mathematicians and cannot write anything coherent. People with the same IQ scores can vary widely in their abilities and talents.

There is not just one single type of intelligence. Some people are great writers and suck at math. Others are great mathematicians and cannot write anything coherent. People with the same IQ scores can vary widely in their abilities and talents.

Absolutely true.

My dad cannot write anything coherent to save his life. He can't add 1+1 without the help of common core math and he will still get 4 as the answer. But when it comes to building mechanical things or fixing/repairing things, he's brilliant.

IQ as determined by current test5s used, are not very useful in predicting success in a career or in life.

Nicolai Tesla was an electrical and engineering genius, but he was so lacking in social skills that he died a penniless bum. He obviously had huge abilities in some things, but was clearly inferior to, let us say, Kanye West, in social skills.

Watch the video i posted

PEOPLE WHO SCORE WELL WELL ON ONE SECTION OF IQ TEST ALSO DO WELL ON OTHER PARTS

MATH, GRAMMAR ETC

Its not true that high iq'd people score low on math but brilliant on another part of IQ test.

Smart people tend to do very well on all sections of Iq testing.

Most of u have never put any study time into this.. i can tell.

I believe that showing a picture of Albert Einstein in a discussion about the IQ od this nation is absurd.

Einstein was born in Germany and was a citizen of Switzerland, I think. And he was Jewish.

He was not an American.

IQ may matter, but IQ is only a part of the description of intelligence, and it is individual, not racial phenomena

kfools   

Hard to say.

Have you ever taken an IQ test? Most people who boast they have actually have not. It is a long test a real one.

Mine IQ is average. I scored highest in mechanical aptitude and Logical deduction.

What would actually be a better comparison would be to take all of the IQ tests from the different races and not judge them based purely on the overall score but also on individual criteria within the tests.

So, If Hispanics for instance did not do as well with an overall score did they test higher than whites some of the sub groups? That would make a better or worse case for you.

Yes i've taken one..

I tried to find longest one possible on Internet and scored about 130 on it..

Was not a mensa test..

If anybody has a link to a credible Mensalike test i'd like to take it.

I can't be the best poker player in my local area and won 500,000 bucks playing online poker and be dumb .. at least my reasoning.

Poker takes complex study of books and Poker theory.

Nice graph Arlet showed..

that graph is pretty accurate..

As said the IQ in africa is around 70.. no diversity there.

The iq average in usa has gone down dramatically because of diversity..

same with all other white countries... as we become more diverse. and whites go extinct . IQ averages will go down bigtime.

Diversity has put whites into a breeding war for the vote.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this