- - - - -

Comey's Bombshell Opening Statement Confirms Investigation

28 replies to this topic

#1 skews13

skews13
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

GettyImages-533108822.jpg?1467123050

FBI Director James Comey's opening statement during today’s House Intelligence Committee hearing was extraordinary, confirming far more than anyone had expected.

I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counter-intelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. And that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.

Comey has confirmed this statement in conversation with Democrats, but he's said nothing about it to Republicans. Why not?

Because they haven't asked. Despite the explosive nature of Comey's statement, Republicans are suddenly interested in only one topic: low-life leakers. Reps. Devin Nunes, Tom Rooney, and particularly Trey Gowdy demonstrated that they had absolutely no interest in Russia or in wiretapping.

Instead, all three asked Comey over and over (and over) about penalties for leaking. Gowdy—who was so “careful” that he refused to say Michael Flynn’s name, but only referred to him as a “U.S. citizen,” named a list of potential issues including former acting Attorney General Sally Yates, who was ousted and is testifying today. Gowdy stopped just short—by millimeters —of lapping Trump's wiretap claims by directly accusing President Obama of leaking Flynn’s name to the press. 

All three were also blunt in threatening Comey with taking away programs if he wouldn't give them what they wanted. So we're getting the spectacle of a hearing on Russia and wiretapping in which Republicans are interested in neither Russia or wiretapping, but instead are badgering the FBI director to do exactly what Trump wanted by threatening programs the director just declared vital.

Monday, Mar 20, 2017 · 11:53:54 AM EDT · Barbara Morrill

Good Lord. Nunes just asked Comey if FBI would investigate Clinton campaign or foundation for ties with Russia. 

http://www.dailykos....shell-statement

#2 benson13

benson13
  • 14,288 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

I don't trust Comey...he's a f'ing republiKan, but the pressure and spot light are on him and lets hope at least he's honest for a change

#3 Five By Five

Five By Five

Private Eye

• 35,417 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

Trump ain't gonna like it

We're in the PipeScreenshot_2017-05-27_at_5.45.04_PM.png

Peace be with you.

Mission Statement: "To pursue all levels of understanding with all life forms"

#4 benson13

benson13
  • 14,288 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Just how Low will the gop take America this time????.....UnF'ingBelievable

I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counter-intelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. And that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.

Despite the explosive nature of Comey's statement, Republicans are suddenly interested in only one topic: low-life leakers. Reps. Devin Nunes, Tom Rooney, and particularly Trey Gowdy demonstrated that they had absolutely no interest in Russia or in wiretapping.

#5 skews13

skews13
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

I don't trust Comey...he's a f'ing republiKan, but the pressure and spot light are on him and lets hope at least he's honest for a change

He can't lie under oath. He might be a Republican, but he's a law and order kind of guy, and he doesn't like Putin.

He can't give any specific information on the current investigations in a public forum, so what we have learned today is there are ongoing investigations. We won't find out anything else until a later date. 

But because of the information revealed today, it gives Adam Schiff the subpoena power to bring members of the Trump administration to testify under oath, including the Attorney General.

You might want to stock up on pop corn, because this is only the beginning.

#6 evince

evince
  • 32,776 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

will trumpy try to fire him?
why do the cons here run from my economic threads?

because the facts in them kill their idiot ideas dead

In 2003, during the height of the predatory lending crisis, the OCC invoked a clause from the 1863 National Bank Act to issue formal opinions pre-empting all state predatory lending laws,

http://www.chron.com...ime-1775644.php

#7 benson13

benson13
  • 14,288 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

The Dems sure came Prepared...unlike the Bogus benghazi BS the gop pretended to make something of

#8 theLion

theLion
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

I've got the over/under for Friday at 5PM Eastern: right after the markets close for the week.

#9 Z09

Z09
  • 29,169 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

So the FBI told Obama that they were listening in on Flynn?

#10 IndependentSam

IndependentSam
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

Hmmm...

The Russians trying to involve themselves in out elections is ONE thing... THEY are just done what WE have done NUMEROUS times... recently when Obama tried to swing the Israeli elections..

HOWEVER, it is a COMPLETELY different thing to assume that Donald Trump was involved...

ALOS, WHAT did Russian actions do?  They REVEALED to the world the underhanded, and DISHONEST activities of the Democrat Party, in their "behind the scenes" collusion and corruption, in trying THEMSELVES to influence ELECTIONS !!

Personally, although I understand the severity of the actions in general, I'M TRULY torn as to whether the Russians deserve to be PUNISHED or REWARDED because the revealed the DEPTH of CORRUPTION within the American, and SPECIFICALLY the Democrat, Political System

MAKE America GREAT Again !!!

vote-donald-trump-make-america-great-aga

#11 skews13

skews13
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

He can't. The FBI is an independent law enforcement agency free from any influence or authority from the President.

#12 Hex2

Hex2
  • 10,549 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

GettyImages-533108822.jpg?1467123050

Instead, all three asked Comey over and over (and over) about penalties for leaking. Gowdy—who was so “careful” that he refused to say Michael Flynn’s name, but only referred to him as a “U.S. citizen,” named a list of potential issues including former acting Attorney General Sally Yates, who was ousted and is testifying today. Gowdy stopped just short—by millimeters —of lapping Trump's wiretap claims by directly accusing President Obama of leaking Flynn’s name to the press. 

All three were also blunt in threatening Comey with taking away programs if he wouldn't give them what they wanted. So we're getting the spectacle of a hearing on Russia and wiretapping in which Republicans are interested in neither Russia or wiretapping, but instead are badgering the FBI director to do exactly what Trump wanted by threatening programs the director just declared vital.

Another reason AG Sally Yates was fired?

#13 Golfboy

Golfboy
  • 51,816 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

He can't. The FBI is an independent law enforcement agency free from any influence or authority from the President.

Of course he can fire him, we had this discussion when you wanted Obama to fire him.

The problem for you moonbats is that they have been "investigating" this for months and have found NOTHING. 

When Caught Changing his Own Posts, ES wasn't man enough to admit the truth.
Just like STILL refuses to admit he posts as "Reasonable" on the other side. 

ES will always be my bitch .

So you have no money to bet. Just what I thought.
Fine loser goes away forever ...
but I'm going to miss mocking your inane childlike stupidity.
I got a good hunch you're no man of your word and you won't honor the bet.

#14 BeAChooser

BeAChooser
  • 28,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

I don't trust Comey...

I don't trust Comey either ... for the reason that he demonstrably lied under oath to Congress during his testimony explaining why he didn't recommend indicting Hillary.

So true …

https://twitter.com/...701471999864833

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt

#15 benson13

benson13
  • 14,288 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

and the WH after all this is STILL denying everything....

Watch the Tramps poll #s go to 25% soon!

#16 crimsongulf

crimsongulf

Capitalista

• 38,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

lib piss in their pants moment.

carry on

#17 Hex2

Hex2
  • 10,549 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

I don't trust Comey either ... for the reason that he demonstrably lied under oath to Congress during his testimony explaining why he didn't recommend indicting Hillary.

Can we expect any indictments soon?

LOL

#18 jimjc

jimjc
  • Validating
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Of course he can fire him, we had this discussion when you wanted Obama to fire him.

The problem for you moonbats is that they have been "investigating" this for months and have found NOTHING. 

ah here's the PAID FOR POSTS SLUG PAID FOR BY THIS FASCIST UNDERGROUND FORUM CONSTANTY DRAGGING EVERYONE TOWARD FASCISM...HEY DID YOUR S.T.D. GET ANY WORSE? LET ME KNOW IF I CAN BE OF HELP

RUMP AND HIS WIFE ARE COMMUNISTS

HIS WIFE IS A PROSTITUTE, HE HAS SEX

WITH HIS DAUGHTER

#19 Arris

Arris
  • 759 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Bumb

#20 crimsongulf

crimsongulf

Capitalista

• 38,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

Did ya use some Johnsons baby oil to jack off to that<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Moron

#21 Five By Five

Five By Five

Private Eye

• 35,417 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Did ya use some Johnsons baby oil to jack off to that<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Moron

FBI is investigating Russian interference in the election..

The cloud will hang over Trump forever

Peace be with you.

#22 ConservativeUprising3

ConservativeUprising3
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

So where is the evidence Trump colluded with Russia?   Trump was being investigated, but not "wiretapped."   So convincing.  Looks like Trump wins again.

God,  I get tired of winning so much.

FUCK NO DNC!  WE WON'T VOTE FOR HILLARY!

#23 JTZilla

JTZilla

Welfare People Suck!

• 55,498 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

Comey has obamas cum in his ass,,, he is a democrat.

WillFranklin writes on the bathroom walls, & rolls his shit into little balls, Bludog reads these writings of witt & Eats the little balls of

SHIT !!!!

#24 Five By Five

Five By Five

Private Eye

• 35,417 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Comey has obamas cum in his ass,,, he is a democrat.

Then why did Trump keep him on as director asshole?

Fool for not replacing Comey.. but Comey probably would have sung like a canary if Trump didn't keep him

Comey did stab Hillary in the back two weeks before election day

Peace be with you.

#25 Zaro

Zaro
  • 24,317 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

The asterisk will stick to his orange ass

*illegitimate
biting the hand that feeds my mojo

Reply to this topic