- - - - -

Why we have Trump

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 leomon

leomon
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

You have Trump because Obama wasnt able to appeal to middle america due to the blocking of the GOP House.

Obama wasnt able to appeal to middle america because globalization and technology are replacing jobs at an unprecedented rate.

Those people who refuse to move or get re-trained continue to blame Obama, when technology and society has made them unemployable.

And then you have the very successful campaigns of Trump and partisan political actions from the FBI.

I bet many of the people who didnt "trust" Hilary were also Sexist and didnt want to be lead by a woman. 

Then you have the Christian ideologies who wont vote for the left based on single issues like abortion. When really like in Canada its to taboo of a topic to touch now anyways.

There are also many other reasons.

Best case. GOP has their way with America and then hopefully Americans will finally see the GOP for their true self.

Or worse case, the divisive politics continues and more home grown extremism grows rampant. Trump mis-places this fear on muslims "again" and convinces the America people to give up more of the "rights" for protection. 

My 2 cents. Bridge the gap with your fellow cons. You need to be united as "divided people are easier to rule" - Trevor Noah

#27 SpyCar

SpyCar
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

We have Trump because Bernie Sanders and his ilk stabbed liberals in the back. Again.

Bill

#28 RollingRock

RollingRock
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

We have Trump because Bernie Sanders and his ilk stabbed liberals in the back. Again.

Bill

That is incorrect.  

Hillary lost because not enough people liked her or trusted her.

Her campaign stabbed Bernie in the back.  Repeatedly.

"Democracy is one person, one vote and a full discussion of the issues that affect us. Oligarchy is billionaires buying elections, voter suppression and a concentrated corporate media determining what we see, hear and read."  -- Sen. Bernie Sanders,   I-VT

#29 SpyCar

SpyCar
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

That is incorrect.  

Hillary lost because not enough people liked her or trusted her.

Her campaign stabbed Bernie in the back.  Repeatedly.

Rubbish. Sanders and his movement spread the same filthy lies as the rightwingers did. It was a page taken directly out of their playbook.

Sanders got a free-pass (that he did not deserve) from Democrats who hoped (wrongly) that he would not bern down the house. Big mistake.

Bill 

#30 RollingRock

RollingRock
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Rubbish. Sanders and his movement spread the same filthy lies as the rightwingers did. It was a page taken directly out of their playbook.

Sanders got a free-pass (that he did not deserve) from Democrats who hoped (wrongly) that he would not bern down the house. Big mistake.

Bill 

Bill, I totally disagree.....but I don't want to argue with you.

Good to see you.  :)

"Democracy is one person, one vote and a full discussion of the issues that affect us. Oligarchy is billionaires buying elections, voter suppression and a concentrated corporate media determining what we see, hear and read."  -- Sen. Bernie Sanders,   I-VT

#31 SpyCar

SpyCar
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Bill, I totally disagree.....but I don't want to argue with you.

Good to see you.   :)

I hope you've been well.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users