- - - - -

Shock And Aw....WTF?

21 replies to this topic

#1 skews13

skews13
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

GettyImages-630359414.jpg?1486748202

Let's start with a basic rundown of Donald Trump's comments Thursday about the demise of his national security adviser, Michael Flynn: Flynn resigned; he fired him; Flynn's great, he was just doing his job; his resignation is all the media's fault; and, finally, if Flynn hadn't made those Russia calls, Trump would have told him to do it anyway.

Confused? Let's unpack Trump's full panoply of conflicting statements.

1. Flynn resigned at Trump's request

“Mike Flynn is a fine person, and I asked for his resignation. He respectfully gave it.”

Ok, so Flynn resigned.

2. Trump fired Flynn

“No, I fired him because of what he said to Mike Pence.”

Ok, so Flynn was fired.

3. Flynn didn't do any thing wrong

“Mike was doing his job. He was calling countries and his counterparts.”

Ok, so Flynn’s only fireable offense (for which he resigned, ahem) was lying to Pence. Otherwise, he was just doing his “job” by talking to Russian officials—except that he didn’t exactly have a “job” yet because Barack Obama was still president (i.e. the Logan Act/one president rule)

4. Trump didn't tell Flynn to make the illegal calls, but he would have if he had thought of it

“No, I didn't direct him, but I would have directed him if he didn't do it.”

The Dons always hires the best!

5. Flynn's fate is all the media's fault

“What was wrong was the way that other people, including yourselves in this room, were given that information, because that was classified information that was given illegally. That's the real problem.”

Trump's schizoid version of events all squares nicely with White House press secretary Sean Spicer's inane explanation of Flynn’s resignation/firing Tuesday, which all boils down to this:

Flynn didn't do anything wrong but he lied to Mike Pence about it.

So again, why exactly did Michael Flynn lie to Pence if everything he did was above board? In fact, forget Pence—why did Flynn lie to the FBI about his Russian convos if they were so on the up and up? 

#2 Chongo

Chongo
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Let's start with a basic rundown of Donald Trump's comments Thursday about the demise of his national security adviser, Michael Flynn: Flynn resigned; he fired him; Flynn's great, he was just doing his job; his resignation is all the media's fault; and, finally, if Flynn hadn't made those Russia calls, Trump would have told him to do it anyway.

“Mike Flynn is a fine person, and I asked for his resignation. He respectfully gave it.”

Ok, so Flynn resigned.

2. Trump fired Flynn

Ok, so Flynn was fired.

Ok, so Flynn’s only fireable offense (for which he resigned, ahem) was lying to Pence. Otherwise, he was just doing his “job” by talking to Russian officials—except that he didn’t exactly have a “job” yet because Barack Obama was still president (i.e. the Logan Act/one president rule)

4. Trump didn't tell Flynn to make the illegal calls, but he would have if he had thought of it

“What was wrong was the way that other people, including yourselves in this room, were given that information, because that was classified information that was given illegally. That's the real problem.”

Trump's schizoid version of events all squares nicely with White House press secretary Sean Spicer's inane explanation of Flynn’s resignation/firing Tuesday, which all boils down to this:

So again, why exactly did Michael Flynn lie to Pence if everything he did was above board? In fact, forget Pence—why did Flynn lie to the FBI about his Russian convos if they were so on the up and up? 

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine

#3 doodsaq

doodsaq
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:52 AM

Judging by Chongo's flaccid response, it looks like Chobgo got spanked.

08-trump-baldwin.w529.h529.jpg

"Very, very stupid. Beautiful, tremendous."

#4 Five By Five

Five By Five

Private Eye

• 31,671 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

Ok, so Flynn resigned.

2. Trump fired Flynn

Ok, so Flynn was fired.

Nobody else wants Flynns job either.  Signs of an Iceberg for the Trumptanic

Working for Trump must be like working in a gulag

We're in the Pipehigh-five10.gif

Peace be with you.

Mission Statement: "To purse all levels of understanding with all life forms"

Space for Rent

#5 Zaro

Zaro
  • 21,307 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

Come on Golfie. This thread is for you
biting the hand that feeds my mojo

#6 personreal

personreal
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

2/16/2017...

"Today WikiLeaks drops a bombshell exposing President Obama and Hillary Clinton using the CIA to manipulate the outcome of the 2012 election in France"

https://wikileaks.or...lease (english)

whRjG9qZnS-2.png

#7 theLion

theLion
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

Trump offered Flynn's old job to a retired admiral.

Too bad for Trump that admirals have some skill at spotting sinking ships: and this one was smart enough not to climb on board.

#8 Five By Five

Five By Five

Private Eye

• 31,671 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

2/16/2017...

"Today WikiLeaks drops a bombshell exposing President Obama and Hillary Clinton using the CIA to manipulate the outcome of the 2012 election in France"

https://wikileaks.or...lease (english)

JajO7.gif

So governments do try to interfere in other countries elections.. Not Russia though

I am not going to argue our country is so innocent

Peace be with you.

Space for Rent

#9 personreal

personreal
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:02 AM

JajO7.gif

So governments do try to interfere in other countries elections.. Not Russia though

I usually am...TU.   

whRjG9qZnS-2.png

#10 Five By Five

Five By Five

Private Eye

• 31,671 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:04 AM

I usually am...TU.   

You keep us on our toes p

Peace be with you.

Space for Rent

#11 RollingRock

RollingRock
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

Trump offered Flynn's old job to a retired admiral.

Too bad for Trump that admirals have some skill at spotting sinking ships: and this one was smart enough not to climb on board.

I saw that.  :lol:  He's a former Seal who knows how to pick his battles.  He said, "Thanks, but no thanks, Trump!"  Lol....

"Democracy is one person, one vote and a full discussion of the issues that affect us. Oligarchy is billionaires buying elections, voter suppression and a concentrated corporate media determining what we see, hear and read."  -- Sen. Bernie Sanders,   I-VT

#12 personreal

personreal
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

You keep us on our toes p

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.   :)

I saw that.   :lol:  He's a former Seal who knows how to pick his battles.  He said, "Thanks, but no thanks, Trump!"  Lol....

Too bad you don't know why.

He served 40 years and doesn't want to make that kind of commitment now due to his family.

whRjG9qZnS-2.png

#13 RollingRock

RollingRock
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

He served 40 years and doesn't want to make that kind of commitment now due to his family.

I understand that's the story he's going with.  :D  I don't blame him.  

"Democracy is one person, one vote and a full discussion of the issues that affect us. Oligarchy is billionaires buying elections, voter suppression and a concentrated corporate media determining what we see, hear and read."  -- Sen. Bernie Sanders,   I-VT

#14 Five By Five

Five By Five

Private Eye

• 31,671 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.   :)

What happens if Trump's next five picks say the same thing?

Just demonstrates Trump didn't make sure the guy would take the job.. It is a small battle scar.

Peace be with you.

Space for Rent

#15 Zaro

Zaro
  • 21,307 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

Just demonstrates Trump didn't make sure the guy would take the job.. It is a small battle scar.

Like a fine tuned machine
biting the hand that feeds my mojo

#16 Fallopian

Fallopian
  • 17,543 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Judging by Chongo's flaccid response, it looks like Chobgo got spanked.

No,  your argument is idiotic. What Flynn did wasn't wrong and even the FBI cleared him. What he did wrong was not be truthful with Mike Pence. That doesn't mean that what he said to Pence means he did something wrong WRT Russia. Flynn spoke to many countries during this time but only Russia is the one everyone is freaking out about. LOL!

Talking to a liberal is like talking to 3 year child, except the 3 year old hasn't formed any bad ideas yet. 

#17 XavierOnassis

XavierOnassis
  • 14,806 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

Flynn was told to talk to the Russians and cut some sort of deal with them on behalf of Trump. The calls were taped, Trump had no authority to send any envoy to the Russians because he was not president at the time. Pence was told a lie so Trump and Flynn would not be accused of breaking the law. The plan was to use Pence to cover up the mess.. But then they discovered that Flynn's chats were taped and likely to be released if  Flynn was not canned.

Trump, Flynn and Pence did not consider that all the conversations were recorded and therefore what was said could not be denied or obfuscated. Perhaps Flynn knew this but thought that Trump could prevent the recordings from being made public.  Trump ansd Pence were numbskulls, Flynn was "chust followingk orders".

It was a perfect three man clusterfuck masquerading as a "well tuned machine".

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

#18 Golfboy

Golfboy
  • 45,347 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

Flynn was told to talk to the Russians and cut some sort of deal with them on behalf of Trump. The calls were taped, Trump had no authority to send any envoy to the Russians because he was not president at the time. Pence was told a lie so Trump and Flynn would not be accused of breaking the law. The plan was to use Pence to cover up the mess.. But then they discovered that Flynn's chats were taped and likely to be released if  Flynn was not canned.

Trump, Flynn and Pence did not consider that all the conversations were recorded and therefore what was said could not be denied or obfuscated. Perhaps Flynn knew this but thought that Trump could prevent the recordings from being made public.  Trump ansd Pence were numbskulls, Flynn was "chust followingk orders".

Recording Flynn was a clear violation of the Espionage act. 

And Flynn was given security clearance, and was working on the transition team as the representative of the President Elect. 

Flynn did nothing wrong by taking to the Russian Ambassador, getting them to calm down when Obama tried to start a cold war.

XO doesn't understand that adults are now in charge, and that the people who recorded Flynn, and leaked the transcripts are going to jail. 

When Caught Changing his Own Posts, ES wasn't man enough to admit the truth.
Just like STILL refuses to admit he posts as "Reasonable" on the other side. 

ES will always be my bitch .

So you have no money to bet. Just what I thought.
Fine loser goes away forever ...
but I'm going to miss mocking your inane childlike stupidity.
I got a good hunch you're no man of your word and you won't honor the bet.

#19 crimsongulf

crimsongulf

Capitalista

• 38,158 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

Flynn was told to talk to the Russians and cut some sort of deal with them on behalf of Trump.   

You have proof of that, right?

Me thinks not, just another speculative asspull.

#20 Golfboy

Golfboy
  • 45,347 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

What happens if Trump's next five picks say the same thing?

Won't happen.   Even in your dreams.    Dumbass lying piece of shit. 

You have proof of that, right?

Me thinks not, just another speculative asspull.

How can he have proof of a lie?   Oh wait, that was a rhetorical question, wasn't it?    lol-049.gif

When Caught Changing his Own Posts, ES wasn't man enough to admit the truth.
Just like STILL refuses to admit he posts as "Reasonable" on the other side. 

ES will always be my bitch .

So you have no money to bet. Just what I thought.
Fine loser goes away forever ...
but I'm going to miss mocking your inane childlike stupidity.
I got a good hunch you're no man of your word and you won't honor the bet.

#21 Veritas101

Veritas101
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:36 PM

You left wing nutjobs will never get it. You dont have an honorable bone amongst you all, so you will never understand that honor, integrity, and trust are important. You all just sit back with you tar filled rags and nit pick the left wing medias spin of the day to find anything that makes your lose a little easier to swallow.
Hypocrisy and dishonesty has the left in full meltdown

#22 Fallopian

Fallopian
  • 17,543 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

That didn't happen, in fact the full conversation has not been released. The fact that even part of the conversation was released IS illegal of the FBI. So if you are going to pretend to care about laws broken, why have you yet to comment on the phone conversation of an America being released to the public by the FBI? You don't care about that so your concern in all other areas of this issue are meaningless. 

Talking to a liberal is like talking to 3 year child, except the 3 year old hasn't formed any bad ideas yet. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users