Photo
- - - - -

What does not having health insurance make me guilty of?

36 replies to this topic

#1 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:58 AM

What does not having health insurance make me guilty of?

The knee-jerk authoritarian answer is, "guilty of breaking the law". 

What does breaking that law make me guilty of?

The Simpsons : "tug at the heart and fog the mind".

#2 otisspunkmeyer

otisspunkmeyer
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

Just commit a crime and you can have all the free health insurance you need, in jail.  Not sarcasm.  Experience>

#3 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Just commit a crime and you can have all the free health insurance you need, in jail.  Not sarcasm.  Experience>

I think you mean "care" not "insurance".

#4 liberalidiot

liberalidiot
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

your a bigot if you do not listen to king Obama--  now if you are an illegal you get FREE healthcare/insurance because you will never have to pay it back--  now I did read under obamacare you can get huge discounts on buttplugs and herpes spray's  being a liberal that I am that is important--

#5 reasonwell

reasonwell
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:04 AM

Hi there! Not having a health insurance is making me guilty of not nbeing able to take care of my health promlems should they arise. However, you may still get the money you need by clicking here http://vogueplay.com/

#6 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

Hi there! Not having a health insurance is making me guilty of not nbeing able to take care of my health promlems should they arise. However, you may still get the money you need by clicking here http://vogueplay.com/

How so?  Technically, with health insurance, you wouldn't be taking care your health problems should they arise.  What are you really guilty of by not having health insurance?

#7 socks411

socks411
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:14 AM

how am i not taking care of my health if i have health insurance? when i am sick i go to the doctor. he gives me medication to help cure me. what do you do when you are sick?

#8 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

how am i not taking care of my health if i have health insurance? when i am sick i go to the doctor. he gives me medication to help cure me. what do you do when you are sick?

Poor choice of wording on my part. 

Technically, with health insurance, it wouldn't be just you taking care your health problems should they arise.  

So, what are you really guilty of by not having health insurance?

#9 Pgr1

Pgr1
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

Who's dumbass idea was this question?

#10 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

Who's dumbass idea was this question?

Why do you think that?

#11 Fomoire

Fomoire
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:10 PM

By not having health care (think this is what you mean?) you can get sick and die. Now, I know you might be thinking 'well, that's my choice' but really, if you have a heart, you ought to buy into health care, so those that are more unfortunate can also have access to it (I think it would be similar to social security). It's really not all about you.

ArdFheisLogo2.jpg

#12 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:57 AM

By not having health care (think this is what you mean?)

I mean health insurance.  If I don't have it, I'm guilty of something that makes it necessary for government to fine me for not having it.

#13 Europa

Europa
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

I mean health insurance.  If I don't have it, I'm guilty of something that makes it necessary for government to fine me for not having it.

I think they do the same with auto insurance.

#14 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

I think they do the same with auto insurance.

They are not the same.  

#15 lefthandedindependent

lefthandedindependent
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

Not paying taxes as decided by the supreme court making the mandate a tax.....

#16 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

Not paying taxes as decided by the supreme court making the mandate a tax.....

Still doesn't describe what one is guilty of for not having health insurance that one need be taxed/fined.

#17 Hankk

Hankk
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

What are you guilty of?..its simple, the affordable care act requires All uninsured people to get health insurance, by not doing so because you feel that you are healthy breaks the system. The ACA relies on healthy people paying into the kitty to help cover the cost of care for those that are sick, the amount a sick person pays into the kitty will never cover the cost of there own care, many insurance companies that flocked to ACA in the beginning have lost untold millions and are dropping out. So you will be fined for breaking the system....Sleep well  :D 

Antifa.jpg

#18 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:26 AM

What are you guilty of?..its simple, the affordable care act requires All uninsured people to get health insurance, by not doing so because you feel that you are healthy breaks the system. The ACA relies on healthy people paying into the kitty to help cover the cost of care for those that are sick, the amount a sick person pays into the kitty will never cover the cost of there own care, many insurance companies that flocked to ACA in the beginning have lost untold millions and are dropping out. So you will be fined for breaking the system....Sleep well  :D

That's just a fancy way of saying one is breaking the law.   BTW, the "system" before ACA was based on liberty; the liberty to purchase or not purchase health insurance.  Your explanation basically condenses to, "one is guilty of exercising their liberty to not purchase health insurance".  

#19 bigmike1256

bigmike1256
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

What you'll be guilty of is when you get sick and go to a hospital (which you will to save your miserable life) for treatment you won't be able to pay, you probably have no assets or money like most Trump voting right wingnuts and then hard working well educated Americans will be stuck with your bill in the way of increased hospital, insurance and drug costs.
If your the true patriot I'm sure you are you will refuse medical care and die quietly and quickly in your rented single wide at no cost to me, but I'm sure that will never happen.
So basically your guilty of cowardice, being a failure and hypocrite.
IMPEACH DONALD TRUMP!
CHILD RAPIST, FRAUD, CONMAN..

#20 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

What you'll be guilty of is when you get sick and go to a hospital (which you will to save your miserable life) for treatment you won't be able to pay, you probably have no assets or money like most Trump voting right wingnuts and then hard working well educated Americans will be stuck with your bill in the way of increased hospital, insurance and drug costs.
If your the true patriot I'm sure you are you will refuse medical care and die quietly and quickly in your rented single wide at no cost to me, but I'm sure that will never happen.
So basically your guilty of cowardice, being a failure and hypocrite.

So now it's a matter of "when" and not "if" I get sick.  I was sick last year with an ear infection.  I went to the clinic, paid my $75 bill, went to the pharmacy right next to the clinic, paid the $75 for the medicine, I got better.   Your explanation doesn't hold water.  Begs the question though, that if I do have the assets or money to pay for a pretty hefty medical bill, ain't I gaming the system by purchasing health insurance to cover medical costs I could easily afford?

#21 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

So now it's a matter of "when" and not "if" I get sick.  I was sick last year with an ear infection.  I went to the clinic, paid my $75 bill, went to the pharmacy right next to the clinic, paid the $75 for the medicine, I got better.   Your explanation doesn't hold water.  Begs the question though, that if I do have the assets or money to pay for a pretty hefty medical bill, ain't I gaming the system by purchasing health insurance to cover medical costs I could easily afford?

Even if it isn't a hefty medical bill but just one I could easily afford, ain't I gaming the system by purchasing health insurance to cover medical costs I could easily afford?

#22 Hankk

Hankk
  • 734 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

That's just a fancy way of saying one is breaking the law.   BTW, the "system" before ACA was based on liberty; the liberty to purchase or not purchase health insurance.  Your explanation basically condenses to, "one is guilty of exercising their liberty to not purchase health insurance".  

Obama removed your "Liberty to not purchase health insurance" when he made it a Law. You are now required to have health insurance, be it through your Employer, family or ACA, failure to do so WILL result in a penalty. The ACA can not succeed unless healthy people pay into it, Millions of Healthy people.

If you do not conform YOU HATE SICK PEOPLE!! (couldnt think of a fancy Tag meaning one who hates sick people)

Antifa.jpg

#23 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:43 AM

Obama removed your "Liberty to not purchase health insurance" when he made it a Law. You are now required to have health insurance, be it through your Employer, family or ACA, failure to do so WILL result in a penalty. The ACA can not succeed unless healthy people pay into it, Millions of Healthy people.

If you do not conform YOU HATE SICK PEOPLE!! (couldnt think of a fancy Tag meaning one who hates sick people)

So I'm guilty of hating sick people.  Well that's not true.  I have compassion for sick people period.  It doesn't matter if they are poor or rich, white or black, woman or man, or still a fetus.  

We all know that it is wrong to "take" without consent.  Is liberalism saying Obama's guilt of removing my liberty, to choose to purchase or not purchase health insurance, doesn't exist because my guilt of "hating sick people", which doesn't exist, is worse?

#24 Arris

Arris
  • 741 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

I don't care if you have insurance or do not have insurance. Bur if you don't and refuse to pay a hospital bill or doctor bill, that's what helps drive up the medical costs for all.

#25 rightturnsonly

rightturnsonly
  • 11,245 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

I don't care if you have insurance or do not have insurance. Bur if you don't and refuse to pay a hospital bill or doctor bill, that's what helps drive up the medical costs for all.

A lot of people "refusing" to pay hospital bills?  Between the rich and the poor, who is most likely to "refuse" to pay a hospital bill?  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users